OT: 2008 Marlin Catalog

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

OT: 2008 Marlin Catalog

Post by Modoc ED »

I got my new 2008 Marlin Catalog (paper copy) Friday and noticed that for 2008, Marlin has dropped the 336A (30-30 (forend tip rifle version))from the catalog along with the 1894CL (32-20 Win) and the 1894FG (41 Rem Mag).

Marlin seems to be placing heavy emphasis on the Lever Action 308 Marlin Express Rifles as they use two whole pages in the 2008 catalog to display them and give information on them.

They are also giving a two-page spread and heavy emphasis for their new bolt action XL7.

I sure would like to see them bring back the short-barreled (18½) 444 Marlin but un-ported instead of ported. I'd buy 2 of them for sure -- maybe three.
ED
Yer never too old
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: OT: 2008 Marlin Catalog

Post by Griff »

Modoc ED wrote:I got my new 2008 Marlin Catalog (paper copy) Friday and noticed that for 2008, Marlin has dropped the 336A (30-30 (forend tip rifle version))from the catalog along with the 1894CL (32-20 Win) and the 1894FG (41 Rem Mag).
Maybe the cowboy action market has been saturated. :cry:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No more 1894CL 32-20 "Bugger" :cry: :cry: :cry:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT: 2008 Marlin Catalog

Post by Jayhawker »

Griff wrote:Maybe the cowboy action market has been saturated. :cry:
One day Marlin might realize that it's not all about the cowboy action market. I'd bet most of us don't even play that game, we just like the style.
Well done is better than well said.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I haven't seen a 2008 catalog, but they are still showing the 1894 Cowboy in 45 C, 38/357, and 44S/44M.

That should hold all you cowboy shooters for a week or two.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Probably a few of each out there if you want them.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You'd think Marlin would have gone gangbusters since their other US rival in the levergun business is out of commission, but I'm sure the Puma's are giving them a run for their money.

Additionally, there is the fact that guns generally last a LONG time - how many of us are shooting guns made over 100 years ago?.

Of course, the fact that my 1889 Marlin still shoots gives me all the more reason to buy another one. :D Or two. :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Well, I'm sure glad I got my FG .41 mag when I did, I would hate to have missed that little gem. :o
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Speaking from recent experience. I think, besides sales, that the tooling is worn out on the 1894CL. If you remember they had to scrap my 2007 and build me up one, on a 2006 receiver.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

I'm with you guys...know where a new in the box 450M ported is (1999) for $549. Have to wait until a couple of contracts get signed and I'm not tellin'!

I'm a patient man...very few people know about these thing like we do Pards. A used 1894 in 25-20 is saved by a friend in the business until business picks up. It is NIB minus two light handling marks...I'm having a brick to try & pay for this one.

We are fortunate indeed pards...we KNOW about these things-leverguns. Be on the lookout...there are more than enough for all of us! :wink:

Good Hunting! :D

LeverBob