lever size

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

lever size

Post by two bit okie »

I have just been fondling my marllin 1894, and notice again that the lever is just two tight. Does anyone know of a slightly larger lever. slightly larger as in 1/2 longer and deeper. just enought to allow a bigger meat hook to fit comfortably.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: lever size

Post by Pete44ru »

IIRC, Wild West Guns sells one appreciably larger, but not as large as a typical "big loop"/cowboy-style lever.

When all is said/done, you'll most likely be better off having a gunsmith cut the loop of your lever and add enough stock to enlarge it to your druthers.

Actually, an owner could cut the loop themselves, bend it accordingly, until it fit "just so" - THEN take it to a welder to have the resultant gap filled in, polished, etc.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like this one or one very slightly smaller, but not the "John Wayne" ones;

Cabela's sells the Wild West ones, which I still think are too big for non-arctic use...

...but both those are for the "336" or "1895" action - dunno about the 1894.

I agree though that the levers on pretty much all leverguns are just a bit snug for large or gloved hands... :cry:

I've been tempted to just order an 'extra' regular lever for an 1894, and cut it, and either get brave and MIG weld extra stock, or even use threaded rod, sleeved with tubing, to enlarge the loop. If I did that, I think I'd make the CUT towards the front, since most of the force I use on the lever is on the rear. Haven't been brave enough or had the spare cash, yet, though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D DRC has a nice one that is slightly larger than the factory and smaller than the Wild West Guns version.
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

CEMENTHEAD wrote::D DRC has a nice one that is slightly larger than the factory and smaller than the Wild West Guns version.
Yes, but at $140 its a tad spendy for most of us.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

uhhhhhh, who is DRC?????