1892 (Miroku) Winchester octagon barrel .44 Magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sesnard
Levergunner

1892 (Miroku) Winchester octagon barrel .44 Magnum

Post by sesnard »

Having difficulty locating a 1892 Winchester, octagon barrel in 20, 24, or 26" (not sure which lengths have been manufactured in the last few years) in a .44 Magnum with checkered wood. Can be, but does not have to be take-down.
This year Miroku made two 1892 models available at The Shot Show: a 16", "trapper" take-down, with octagon barrel in .45 Colt, .357 Mag & .44 Mag. with checkered stock.
Also a "short" model with straight 20" barrel, smooth wood also in .45 Colt, .357 mag & .44 Mag.
I believe what I am looking for was released a few years ago in a limited "red box" series of 500.
Any and all information in helping me find this is sincerely welcomed.
Thank you in advance!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 1892 (Miroku) Winchester octagon barrel .44 Magnum

Post by pokey »

got no answers for ya,

but welcome to the show, anyway.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Welcome aboard Sesnard !! Be patient, there's a wealth of knowledge here. It'll turn up.............
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

Here is a 20" round barrel on gun broker with a buy it now price of $891.99
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =158424411

And another
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =158459806

Good luck in your search,

Dave B
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...a Trapper takedown octagon-brreled rifle, with a pistol grip, and checkered stock, huh?:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... 34167l.jpg

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... mid=534167

:?: $1,549.00? :?: :!: Wow! :!: Davidson's shows "0" in stock.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

I know there was a 20" octagon, checkered wood, red box, gold bead front sight and buckhorn rear, in .357 .44 magnum and .45 Colt; each was a "one of 500" run. This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Barrel was engraved "1 of 500". Tang safety. I believe they made a 16" .45 Colt version at the same time. I haven't heard much for a few years. They used to be on Gunbroker fairly often.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
SAAJim
Levergunner 1.0

Post by SAAJim »

I bought one of those one of 500 series in .45 Colt from Legendary Guns in AZ some years ago. Great rifle once I got rid of that cursed rebounding hammer and lightened a few springs. Smooth stock, though, no checkering. It's one of my "never sell" rifles.

Jim
Poohgyrr wrote:I know there was a 20" octagon, checkered wood, red box, gold bead front sight and buckhorn rear, in .357 .44 magnum and .45 Colt; each was a "one of 500" run. This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Barrel was engraved "1 of 500". Tang safety. I believe they made a 16" .45 Colt version at the same time. I haven't heard much for a few years. They used to be on Gunbroker fairly often.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

...a Trapper takedown octagon-brreled rifle, with a pistol grip, and checkered stock, huh?
Egads that's a handsome rifle! Too bad about the tang safety and rebounding hammer...and the price. Still, there's enough going on here given the take down, curved grip and checkering (not to mention it's an 1892, not an Model 94) that I honestly feel like it's almost worth the asking price.

Lovely rifle!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright