**More Pics**Hammered, But Good

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

**More Pics**Hammered, But Good

Post by Sixgun »

Fellow Guncranks,
This is a great Nor'Easter we are having. :D 20" and growing here in S.E.Pa. Here's two of my best buddies, Bear-Bear & Festy.--------Sixgun

This is Fatboy--You will notice there are no tracks leading to his hole in the snow :D I just winged him out the back door--and yes, the snow was soft :lol:

Could not resist--The Jeep Rubicon plowed through it like nothin' :D

Path down to the burnpit---I made these paths all over so the dogs can run around :D
Image,

This is Alfie--a very aggressive Yorkie--(for real, he is downright nasty)
Image,

My wife's hobby--near worthless--thats all they do is eat and *&$# but........as animals, they are better than most people. :D
Image,

My old wagon
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hammered, But Good

Post by BigSky56 »

Its a good thing you got a blower those puppys legs aint long enough to get far in that snow. danny
76/444

Post by 76/444 »

So,... how's that "Global Warming " thing working out for you?

8)
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I DON'T KNOW 'BOUT YOU EASTERNERS ANYMORE. YOU GET A FEW FLOSNURRIES LIKE THAT AND EVERYTHING COMES TO A STOP, THE WEATHER CHANNEL GOES STARK RAVING APESHIQ LIKE THEY NEVER SAW THAT WHITE STUFF BEFORE, AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE IS "THE STORM OF THE CENTURY".
DON'T YOU GUYS GET IT !!!??? THIS IS GOD'S WAY OF TELLING YOU TO STAY HOME, SIP WHISKEY, READ BOOKS, LOAD AMMO, MAKE NEW BABIES, AND THUMB YOUR NOSE AT THE WORLD. NOW GO GET TO IT !!!
GEESH....DO I HAFTA EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS ??

SOMEDAY ASK ME ABOUT BLIZZARDS : THREE BLIZZARDS IN NINE DAYS IN MARCH 2009, EACH WITH 2' TO 4' OF NEW SNOW DRIVEN BY 40MPH TO 65MPH WINDS. ANYTHING ELSE WE KICK OUTTA THE WAY WITH OUR BOOTS OR A BROOM AND GO ABOUT OUR BIDNESS...WHICH IS BASICALLY READING BOOKS, SIPPIN' WHISKEY, LOADING AMMO, AND DREAMING ABOUT MAKING BABIES IN DECADES PAST !!
L O L !!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very cute pic though. :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I don't know what the official measurement is but it is right up there with 20-24". I just cut the trench for the front walk this morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Sixgun,
Now, why do they have that look as if to say " Oh no, Daddy is going to toss us back in the middle of the the yard again" off the shoveled part???????? :lol:

They are sure cute. Nice Pics.

Hobie,
You sure got slammed good too! :o
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

looks like you got a little bit of snow,

mid 50's and sunny here, what a switch from last year.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea guys, after plowing and blowing my driveway, and half my neighbor's & in-laws driveways, I guess I have today for myself. 28.5" officially at the Philly airport. Best I got here was 22-24".

I see Hobie got slammed with the same system. Sure wish I could send it up to Terry and let him know what a wet nasty snow is like, not like that baby producing light fluffy stuff they get. :D ------------------------Sixgun

mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

We barely have 3 inches covering the ground here on the mid-coast of Maine. Got nothing at all from this last big storm. Must be why the population is declining and getting older here...no snow, no babies! (No jobs, either.)

Keep the pics coming of the snow storm, guys. I need them to jog my memory of what winter should be like!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Here in Southern new England, there zero snow on the ground, nothing from this storm - BUT, the weatherheads are putting out a "bread & milk alert" :mrgreen: for a snowstorm due here Wednesday.

My Shi-Tzu misses hopping through the snowdrifts, waaaay over his head !
He goes vertically more than forward :lol: - looking a lot like a deer when one takes off through powdery snow.

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Terry Murbach wrote:I DON'T KNOW 'BOUT YOU EASTERNERS ANYMORE. YOU GET A FEW FLOSNURRIES LIKE THAT AND EVERYTHING COMES TO A STOP, THE WEATHER CHANNEL GOES STARK RAVING APESHIQ LIKE THEY NEVER SAW THAT WHITE STUFF BEFORE, AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE IS "THE STORM OF THE CENTURY".
DON'T YOU GUYS GET IT !!!??? THIS IS GOD'S WAY OF TELLING YOU TO STAY HOME, SIP WHISKEY, READ BOOKS, LOAD AMMO, MAKE NEW BABIES, AND THUMB YOUR NOSE AT THE WORLD. NOW GO GET TO IT !!!
GEESH....DO I HAFTA EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS ??

SOMEDAY ASK ME ABOUT BLIZZARDS : THREE BLIZZARDS IN NINE DAYS IN MARCH 2009, EACH WITH 2' TO 4' OF NEW SNOW DRIVEN BY 40MPH TO 65MPH WINDS. ANYTHING ELSE WE KICK OUTTA THE WAY WITH OUR BOOTS OR A BROOM AND GO ABOUT OUR BIDNESS...WHICH IS BASICALLY READING BOOKS, SIPPIN' WHISKEY, LOADING AMMO, AND DREAMING ABOUT MAKING BABIES IN DECADES PAST !!
L O L !!

Not quite at the dreaming of making babies stage here but not far of. Anyway d'ya mean we gotta wait till next heavey snow fall? That may be next winter around these parts! My mrs ain't gonna be very happy when I tell her we gotta wait for heavey snow for next times,,,,,ya know what!

You all take care now, don't fall over please!

Nath. :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE WHOLE STORM MESS BACK EAST AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT IS ONE NASTY WINTER STORM. WHEN YOU CONSIDER IT IS HEAVY WET SNOW I DO NOT ENVY YOU ATALL. WHOEVER NOTED THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WET SNOW AND POWDER SNOW IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. NOW YOU BOYS GOTTA HOPE YOU DO NOT GET A SUDDEN WARMUP, OR WORSE YET WARMUP RAIN ON TOP OF ALL THAT WET SNOW, OR THE STREAMS AND RIVERS WILL RAISE HAVOC IN THEIR LOCALES.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Dang! Y'all have ALL the fun! :(
I just want to see a 4-6" accumulation about once per year. :cry:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Fatboy looks like he's thinking, "PETA, where are you when I need you?" :lol: :lol:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Terry Murbach wrote:WHOEVER NOTED THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WET SNOW AND POWDER SNOW IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.
You ain't just whistlin' Dixie!

Around here, we don't get a whole lot of snow. People tend to throw up barns and sheds with no engineering and use as little metal or support materials as possible (to "save" money, you know.) And usually with a 1:12 or less roof pitch.

About 8 years ago we got a 10-12" HEAVY wet snow....And the walls (roofs) came tumbling down. Everywhere.

I built a new shop building a few years after that.Most guys take one look inside and say, "Man, you sure used a lot of extra steel!" :D

Cheap insurance, I say.

Good looking dogs in the posts. If you want, I'll send you a couple of black lab crosses to play in your snow, for "contrast." You can keep 'em if you want. They are eating me out of house and home. :lol:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Hobie wrote:I don't know what the official measurement is but it is right up there with 20-24". I just cut the trench for the front walk this morning.
hobie,

this is a very nice photo, i keep coming back to see it.

looks like the cover of a book, something just feels right about it.

don't know if it was skill or luck, but you did good.

thanks for posting it.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Re: **More Pics**Hammered, But Good

Post by 336A »

Hang in there sixgun. I know that if you are not accustomed to it that that seems like a lot of snow. It is even worse if the Highway Dept. is not fully prepared for removal as well. Not trying to be mean or anything but the wife and I just sit here and laugh about these so called "Big Ones". Here in upstate NY that type of accumulation is considered normal :) The Tug Hill Plateau area gets absolutely Hammered every year, with annual snow fall avg is usually around 100" or more :shock: I know Adirondak Jack can vouch for this as well. The last Blizzard that we had here that I recall was in March of 94, that one dumped near 4 foot of snow on us. The ensueing drifts were impressive to say the least. Stay warm and eat lots of good stew. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tug_Hill_Plateau
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

336A wrote:Hang in there sixgun. I know that if you are not accustomed to it that that seems like a lot of snow. It is even worse if the Highway Dept. is not fully prepared for removal as well. Not trying to be mean or anything but the wife and I just sit here and laugh about these so called "Big Ones". Here in upstate NY that type of accumulation is considered normal :) The Tug Hill Plateau area gets absolutely Hammered every year, with annual snow fall avg is usually around 100" or more :shock: I know Adirondak Jack can vouch for this as well. The last Blizzard that we had here that I recall was in March of 94, that one dumped near 4 foot of snow on us. The ensueing drifts were impressive to say the least. Stay warm and eat lots of good stew. :)

Well, I tell 'ya 336, If we had that much snow on a regular basis, I probably would not here, because I would be spending my Winchester & Colt money on a snowblower attachment for the Kubota. :D

Your right though and I do understand about what you boys have to deal with. I'm a redneck country boy and you should see these city people who have moved out this way. They are terrified, begging individuals with snow removal equipment to help them out. We ask for c-aaaaaaaaaaa-s-h. They say, "Do you take Master Card?" :lol: -------------------------Sixgun

336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Sixgun wrote:
336A wrote:Hang in there sixgun. I know that if you are not accustomed to it that that seems like a lot of snow. It is even worse if the Highway Dept. is not fully prepared for removal as well. Not trying to be mean or anything but the wife and I just sit here and laugh about these so called "Big Ones". Here in upstate NY that type of accumulation is considered normal :) The Tug Hill Plateau area gets absolutely Hammered every year, with annual snow fall avg is usually around 100" or more :shock: I know Adirondak Jack can vouch for this as well. The last Blizzard that we had here that I recall was in March of 94, that one dumped near 4 foot of snow on us. The ensueing drifts were impressive to say the least. Stay warm and eat lots of good stew. :)

Well, I tell 'ya 336, If we had that much snow on a regular basis, I probably would not here, because I would be spending my Winchester & Colt money on a snowblower attachment for the Kubota. :D

Your right though and I do understand about what you boys have to deal with. I'm a redneck country boy and you should see these city people who have moved out this way. They are terrified, begging individuals with snow removal equipment to help them out. We ask for c-aaaaaaaaaaa-s-h. They say, "Do you take Master Card?" :lol: -------------------------Sixgun
I know what you mean about the city folks :lol: My wife sent me a e-mail a while back that this post reminded me off. It was a picture of a heavily snow covered road and near white out conditions. The caption said something to the effect of "most folks would just say oh insert explitive"
While a Upsatae New Yorker would say "Hang on my beer and watch this" :mrgreen: Going from memory but that is the gest of it.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Glad everyone is safe and sound. The kids are mighty jealous - they wanted to build snowforts, snowmen, have snowball fights, go sledding, etc. :mrgreen:
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

Try calving out a bunch of heifers in that stuff besides keeping the whole herd fed, watered, and bedded down...then you're a real cowboy.
Behind every sucessful rancher is a wife with a job in town.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

cowboykell wrote:Try calving out a bunch of heifers in that stuff besides keeping the whole herd fed, watered, and bedded down...then you're a real cowboy.
Cowboykell,
I know a little about what your talking about. My wife's family were dairy farmers but we have/had no where near the weather you boys have up there. And you know what? As my wife is a farmer's daughter, (no jokes please :D ) you would think it would be a piece of cake for her to take care of her worthless horses. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I had to unthaw the hose, give 'em their grain, & hay 'em.

Bogie35 & Madman got me thinkin'. Ain't no PETA guys here, are there? :lol: ---------------------------------Sixgun