OT-Bisley 22lr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

OT-Bisley 22lr

Post by 3t- »

Anyone have any experience with the Ruger Bisley 22lr? Thinking of picking one up.

appreciate any info.
regards

3T
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

If you like the grip they're just as good as the regular Single-Six...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I had the early, first-issue, fluted cylinder fixed-sight model - it shot so-so, OK.

I later bought a used blued .22mag clyinder off an auction site, fitted it, and that shot about the same - except nowhere near the sights.

IMHO, the adjustable sight guns, although not as "pretty", are more practical than the fixed sight guns.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

MY son has one that I bought for him several years ago. We went the same route and bought a magnum cylinder from ebay and it dropped right in. For my part the Bisley grip frames are the only SA's I can shoot accurately. I've been a S&W shooter all my life so the plow handle grip of a standard SA just doesn't do well for me and I've tried a bunch of them.
I've had a Herter's Powermag, a Hawes Marshal,2 Superblackhawks, and a Colt .22 Peacemaker. None of them shot as good for me as a nice S&W. The Ruger Bisley is a close second but I still can't shoot it as good as my 617 4".
According to what I was told by my local gun shop, the Bisley doesn't come with a magnum cylinder because it's considered a target pistol.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.