OT-DRIVE BY SHOOTING

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

OT-DRIVE BY SHOOTING

Post by papabear »

sitting in my house with the wife and my daughter playing her new wii when about 9 am i hear four shot's right out front. My neighbor house's was shot at. There are at lest 10 marked and 4 unmarked cars all so the Crime scene van is here they have the road taped off. Its now 2 pm and there still here looks like its going to be a long day for them. They don't have any information on who did the shooting or about the car the ones in the house could be dealing drugs at lest thats the way it sounds after i talk to one of the officers that i know
Little kids in the house too. Nice Christmas present for them sitting in a car not able to play with there new gifts hope they get them out of there.
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-DRIVE BY SHOOTING

Post by kimwcook »

A description of a common Modus Operandi. We recently had a similar situation where about 10 rounds were fired into a single wide trailer with nine family members inside. A two year old lying on the couhc had a bullet come within a foot. And, a young male, suspected target, caught a 7.63X39 slug in the lower leg. Almost took it off. No one else was hit. It's becoming extremely common.
Old Law Dawg
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

That's nothing guys. Not even worth reporting about.

That's par for the day for those that live in CA -- Chico, San Diego, LA, San Jose, etc..
ED
Yer never too old
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Horrible spin-off of our scoff-law culture of violence, and our gangs and black-marketing of drugs. So sad when it is other innocent family members caught in the crossfire, or sometimes entirely uninvolved people targeted by mistake.

An employee had that happen three times years ago in just a few weeks, due to some stalkers warring over her daughter or some such stuff, and the cops said there wasn't much they could do, but one told her 'off the record' what he would do if it were his family. She did that very thing, and the fourth time this loser drove by, opened his window, and let a couple rounds fly, her relatives rolled out from under parked cars where they'd been covered by leaves, popped out from rooftops, behind tool sheds, etc., and deposited several dozens of .223's into his automobile. They were careful not to hit the guy, because they wanted him alive to for the cops to interrogate, and to minimize any 'revenge' had they killed him. He hit the gas, ran into a tree, and got caught. He'll be in jail quite awhile now. Fortunately, our local cops were sympathetic to the family and none of the 'vigilante' relatives or friends got in any trouble over it. They'd gone to great lengths to select lines of fire to minimize risk to anyone else down the street, and were using hollow point and frangible ammunition, so I doubt anything ricocheted at all.

Anyway, too bad most of the shootings can't end with the good guys winning.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

It must be nice to have relatives that will stand up for you like that.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

AJ,
your story reminds me of the movie "NEXT OF KIN" starring Patrick Swayze.
UNITE
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

How do people get into stuff like that?

I was never in a stolen car utnil I becam a LEO. Never had seen a cockroach, either.

Heck of a way to live when your family has to lie in wait for thugs coming by to shoot up your crib.

I guess it is one way to inspire intersest in firearms in your kids, though.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

2571 wrote:How do people get into stuff like that?
What used to be rare behavior in society has become the norm. Drive by shootings happen everyday in Philadelphia--and thats just the ones that hit the news.

I believe the average American has become too "fat" and "As long as it don't affect me, I don't care".

The ones who do the drive by shootings know what part of the city to do their dirty work because if they venture out into our neck of the woods, well, you know--"they be outgunned" and we don't hold our guns sideways :wink: :D ------------------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hank Dodge »

Modoc ED wrote:That's nothing guys. Not even worth reporting about.

That's par for the day for those that live in CA -- Chico, San Diego, LA, San Jose, etc..

Sure glad they don't let us have guns here.....Think of how much worse it would be if we didn't have all these restictions and folks were allowed to be armed.

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

:roll:
"Shoot them big guns......you can see the holes better!"