OT- Old photo of early collector of guns.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Old photo of early collector of guns.

Post by rangerider7 »

"That'll Be The Day"
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Old photo of early collector of guns.

Post by Borregos »

Quite the collection :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Looks like some brass knuckles, a club?, bullet molds, powder horns. Bet there are some stories there.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I wonder what his family thought of his profligate life style. I know my Dad's uncle Dave was thought to be a spendthrift because he actually had two NEW guns. The Remington M8 .35 and the Fox Sterlingworth.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I have always noticed the strange trend in popular thinking and prices on old guns. Lets say colt saa`s and winchesters from say 1880s. Fine. Yet you can look at old muzzel loaders and flintlocks a lot older, rarer, and have probley seen more action and history that usualy are a lot cheaper. I think its the tv and movies that seem to glorify and focus on 25 years of western history almost ignoreing on the other 300 years!
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

bogus bill wrote:I think its the tv and movies that seem to glorify and focus on 25 years of western history almost ignoreing on the other 300 years!
I think you're right. I don't remember seeing 2 guys face off on main street to see who can draw and shoot their cap-an-ball pistol the fastest.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

Reminds me of a fellow I knew in Ceresco Nebraska, every payday in from 30's to the 60's he spent $5 a month buying old guns and acessories from Bannerman's. He retired in 1975 and in 1985 he had a sale. The "worthless junk" he "Wasted" his money on brought close to a million dollars. One of his finds was $7.50 in 1939 for a Burgess factory cutaway.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

bogus bill, I have thought the same thing for many years. A rifle used in the American Revolution or Mexican War will not bring as much as a long tang Model 71 Winchester Deluxe in most cases. Just like antique furniture made of oak brings as much or more than that made of mahogany. Supply and demand is a strange bedfellow and demand is king. My two cents is not worth much, I like those Colt SAA and Winchesters myself. :D
"That'll Be The Day"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A favorite pastime of men everywhere - and ever since the gun was invented! :D
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I see an Irish shalle spelling might be wrong.
If you have one and know how to use it you can do some real damage very easily
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV