and another thing

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

and another thing

Post by Grizz »

for all the travelers out there, be safe, keep the rubber toward the pavement, and despite what we see on nascar, driving cross country is not supposed to be a contact sport.

speaking of driving cross country, I'm tentatively leaving O'Dark-Thirty eastbound for VA. route to be decided at the last minute. right now 84 to 70 is looking like the best bet thru the Rocks, and fri looks like the day to cross. otherwise I might wind up driving toward LA and crossing on 40 or 10. love those choices!!

FWIW I'm going to celebrate Christmas with my children. That's the advent of our Savior. The simple story is this: humans chose to alienate themselves from our Creator. God promised to make it possible for us to again have fellowship with Him. He did this by presenting Himself as a Holy sacrifice Who volunteered to pay the price we cannot pay so we can enjoy the blessings of His Mercy and Grace.

I used to be an unbeliever and very arrogantly sure of myself.

It's amazing to me how suddenly, in the blink of an eye, God's Love could suddenly turn my stone cold hard heart into a grateful recipient of eternal life with all my sins washed away and fellowship with Almighty God restored to pristine condition. It's all God's doing, and it's a marvelous thing.

If any unbelievers get this far my prayer is that you suddenly know you are wrong, that God is right, and that Jesus loves you so much that He died for you. On purpose. And then rose from the dead to make you able to live blameless in His home. And that the faith to believe this is God's gift to you. It's so easy to change your mind. With eternal benefits.

Regards,

Grizz
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: and another thing

Post by fordwannabe »

Boys! I think he just summed it all up, good job Grizz. Merry CHRISTmas all. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Good post, Grizz. May God watch over you on your travels.

Where are you going to be in VA? I live in Northern VA, out by Leesburg. Be happy to buy you a beer (or cup of coffe if you prefer) if you pass by this way.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Amen to all said! Have a wonderful trip Grizz.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

C. Cash wrote:Amen to all said! Have a wonderful trip Grizz.
Couldn't of said it better myself. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.
Old Law Dawg
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

alnitak wrote:Good post, Grizz. May God watch over you on your travels.

Where are you going to be in VA? I live in Northern VA, out by Leesburg. Be happy to buy you a beer (or cup of coffe if you prefer) if you pass by this way.
I'll be around Arlington. Coffee sounds good. I'll try to get onto the forum when I get there.... if my kids leave me any time. I know we have a full round of historical sites to visit. Mt Vernon. Gettysburg. The Archives for one more look at that original document.

Thanks for the feedback Guys, and

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I'ld counsel you to hold up a day or two if you can and let this blast of winter clear out a little bit. Windchills are in the extremely dangerous level all across the country, and the snows and blowing snows from the Central time zone east are something folks are in awe of....
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Grizz wrote:
alnitak wrote:Good post, Grizz. May God watch over you on your travels.

I'll be around Arlington. Coffee sounds good. I'll try to get onto the forum when I get there.... if my kids leave me any time. I know we have a full round of historical sites to visit. Mt Vernon. Gettysburg. The Archives for one more look at that original document.

Thanks for the feedback Guys, and

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL
Arlington is only about 40 minutes from me. Be happy to drive there and treat for coffee and hot chocolate!

If you are in DC for tourist reasons, and you or your family have never been here, make sure to reserve time to see the monuments (Jefferson, Lincoln, etc.), the Vietnam Memorial and the Smithsonian -- at least the Natural History Museum. The kids and Mrs. will love it (dinosaurs to the Hope Diamond!).

Safe travels!
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

To Grizz and all of the members here who are traveling for Christmas, I am praying for safe travels for you. May you all have a great Christmas.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Grizz,

If you're in Arlington visit the National Firearms Museum (west on I-66) and the Space and Aeronautics Museum at Dulles. Even my wife was impressed. Oldest daughter lives up there in McLean.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Preach it Brother!!

Grizz...take the southern route, Rtes. 80 & 50 thru Nev. are plumb nasty right now. I reckon Hwy. 10 would be your best bet. G-D bless you for the words... & safe passage for the trip Pard.

LB
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Hobie wrote:If you're in Arlington visit the National Firearms Museum (west on I-66) and the Space and Aeronautics Museum at Dulles. Even my wife was impressed.
The Dulles Annex is actually the Air & Space Museum II. The original one is downtown as part of the Smithsonian complex. But they ran out of room for all the airplanes and such, so they had to build a second one out at Dulles. Both are worth seeing (though Dulles parking will cost you about $16-$18).

The NRA museum is just off of the intersection of I-66 and Rte. 50 in Fairfax, co-located with the NRA range.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Grizz, go to the National Firearms Museum...TRUST ME, make the time. I have been 6 times and still see stuff I didn't before. Lots of cool levers and sixguns. I was there when they had the "real guns of our reel hero's" display OH BOY! The gatlin gun John Wayne used in rooster Cogburn, Roy Rogers gold plated colts, a lone ranger colt, sharpes from Quigley down under and on and on and on. Well worth the time. God Bles in your travels. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Have a safe trip, Friend......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

AMEN, God Bless, Safe trip
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Don McDowell wrote:I'ld counsel you to hold up a day or two if you can and let this blast of winter clear out a little bit. Windchills are in the extremely dangerous level all across the country, and the snows and blowing snows from the Central time zone east are something folks are in awe of....
And he ain't kidding right now it is 21 and the wind chill is 5. Stay south on the 10 and be a little warmer on clean roads.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Be safe!