It's snowing!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

It's snowing!

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Just started. Little light fluffy balls- not flakes. Texas snow. ;)

People are going to be freaking out. :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: It's snowing!

Post by 2ndovc »

That Global Warming is a stinker isn't it?

Quick! Someone call Al Gore :lol:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Hanzerik
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hanzerik »

We had our first snow back in October...with about 5 more months of winter weather awaiting us.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, it didn't last long - maybe 5 minutes :lol: Melted upon contact with the hot Texas ground ;)

Its cold and windy - I don't know if its supposed to snow or ice any more... we usually get ice if anything.
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

OSOK....well it is coming down pretty good in East Texas....wasn't suppose to get here until about 4 PM CST...gonna be about 22* tonight....

jumbeaux
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

jumbeaux wrote:OSOK....well it is coming down pretty good in East Texas....wasn't suppose to get here until about 4 PM CST...gonna be about 22* tonight....jumbeaux
It was a cool -1* last night here in the Denver area. You flatlanders down there in Texas just don't know what cold is.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

COSteve wrote:It was a cool -1* last night here in the Denver area. You flatlanders down there in Texas just don't know what cold is.
We know what it is, that's why we live here :!:

I'm often tempted to move back north, but then I remember walking 10 miles to school through knee-deep snow, uphill both ways....

I like snow just fine, but when I'm tired of it, I want it to go away.

I could use a little fire-ant killing weather, though.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

COSteve wrote:
jumbeaux wrote:OSOK....well it is coming down pretty good in East Texas....wasn't suppose to get here until about 4 PM CST...gonna be about 22* tonight....jumbeaux
It was a cool -1* last night here in the Denver area. You flatlanders down there in Texas just don't know what cold is.
oh yes I do and thats "why" I live in tx :lol: :lol:.when I retired I said I wasn't going to freeze my butt off anymore. :D

pete

right about -30 below was normal in the winter under that rotor wash.
Last edited by txpete on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAV life member.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Over 6 years in Mineesota taught me about cold. Oh yeah.

Texas is nice man. I'll take the hot summers :)
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

We got a few flakes a couple minutes ago.....It's gonna be cold tonight, so if the moisture keeps up, we could get a measureable amount here (normally, don't get much snow around here)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Hey, Blaine. You have fun over there if it snows. Wouldn't catch me driving around on the west side with ice and snow on the ground unless there wasn't any alternative. It's not that cold here, but it feels colder than it is for some reason. I'm not looking for any snow, but if it comes it can't stay for long.
Old Law Dawg
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Snowed about 3 - 4" a couple days ago. Been colder than H377 ever since. Got clear up to 24 degrees this afternoon. Should be warmer, come August...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow - stay warm and safe!
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

Here in my part of the world it snowed most of yesterday and we had a low of -4 sure glad the wood stove was working.
We warmed up to 34 today and we are still white and tonight looks to be another cool one. and we have another storm moving in for the weekend. This might be our year for winter weather and snow.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Got up this am in balmy Vinton, LA... 47ºF. Stopped in Baytown, TX to spend several $100s, where it started snowing. Snowed almost all the way thru Houston with attendent consternation and near panic on the part of the locals! :twisted: Temps hovered around 31-35º till I got near Segovia, where the bottom fell out and hit a low of 21º this afternoon. Stopped in Van Horn for dinner and now approach Sierra Blanca and the temp is 10ºF.

3 trucks & a car tangled up back near the I-10/20 split with disasterous results on black ice. Hoin' to get to El Paso unscathhed.

Ya'll stay safe, warm & dry.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:Got up this am in balmy Vinton, LA... 47ºF. Stopped in Baytown, TX to spend several $100s, where it started snowing. Snowed almost all the way thru Houston with attendent consternation and near panic on the part of the locals! :twisted: Temps hovered around 31-35º till I got near Segovia, where the bottom fell out and hit a low of 21º this afternoon. Stopped in Van Horn for dinner and now approach Sierra Blanca and the temp is 10ºF.

3 trucks & a car tangled up back near the I-10/20 split with disasterous results on black ice. Hoin' to get to El Paso unscathhed.

Ya'll stay safe, warm & dry.
Holy stuff, Griff.....be careful. That's amazing for down there..... :roll: Man this global warming really sucks..... :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bis »

It snowed a little here in S.E. Texas. The reason we live in S.E. Texas is because my wife grew up in the hills above Boulder Co. and can't stand snow. You don't even want to ask her opinion about snow :)
when your enemy is within range so are you
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Bis wrote:It snowed a little here in S.E. Texas. The reason we live in S.E. Texas is because my wife grew up in the hills above Boulder Co. and can't stand snow. You don't even want to ask her opinion about snow :)

Now why would I ask your wife her opinion of a four letter word? :lol:
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

18 inches of snow & 18 degrees here.
That 3/4 ton 4x4 comes in handy.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Freakin' cold in Arizona: -5* to + 5* overnight or so up in the high country (which used to be a regular thing) and 25*-35* very chilly for us in Phoenix. Everything's relative folks! Big gun show here this weekend; it'll be interesting to see just how serious shooters are about checking things out first thing this morning!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

COSteve wrote:
I know enough about it to know I don't like it! :lol:

OTOH, my oldest step-son moved to CO as soon as he could after graduating. I always thought that boy wasn't quite right... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

27 degrees this AM on the central Oregon coast. It'll come up to 45-50 today. I sure don't miss those AM's in N. California of 10-15 degrees as I headed out to a house I'd be framing. Done with all that, thank God!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

gak wrote:Freakin' cold in Arizona: -5* to + 5* overnight or so up in the high country (which used to be a regular thing) and 25*-35* very chilly for us in Phoenix. Everything's relative folks! Big gun show here this weekend; it'll be interesting to see just how serious shooters are about checking things out first thing this morning!
My good friend Hank usually comes down outta the mountains for the big shows in Phoenix. Too bad it'll be after 5 afore I get thru there.

And Blaine... not to worry, I still place a high value on my carcass... not to mention the $30K to fix up this ol' beater of a truck!

P.S. Without trying to sound like I'm braggin'... got word yesterday that I was selected as "the December Contract Driver of the Month"... Image I get a new jacket, plaque, license plate, logbook cover, and most importantly... $500! Hmmm. what levergun can I get?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I like to see a man with good priorities...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

gak,
Can we get a report on that Phx. gunshow?
Powder, primers etc.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Griff wrote:I get a new jacket, plaque, license plate, logbook cover, and most importantly... $500! Hmmm. what levergun can I get?
Another .30 WCF? :wink:

Snowing here today as well. I sit here pondering a specifics on a new leather purchase, hunting possibilities this week (more snow coming), and waiting for somebody in all the traffic passing by to pull in and at least look around.
P1010007.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hobie wrote:
Griff wrote:I get a new jacket, plaque, license plate, logbook cover, and most importantly... $500! Hmmm. what levergun can I get?
Another .30 WCF? :wink:
Snowing here today as well. I sit here pondering a specifics on a new leather purchase, hunting possibilities this week (more snow coming), and waiting for somebody in all the traffic passing by to pull in and at least look around.
Hey at least I didn't say, "...NEED..."! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

Hey guys! Here in Northern Vt today it's been in the high 30's/low 40's. Cloudy but bare ground and no snow (so far). I love this global warming!! I was talking to a guy in the post office this morning who told me that he saw that Texas was getting snowstorms. We agreed that if you folks down there find that you like the snow, you can have all of our January/February share if you want. :lol: :P
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

jlchucker wrote:Hey guys! Here in Northern Vt today it's been in the high 30's/low 40's. Cloudy but bare ground and no snow (so far). I love this global warming!! I was talking to a guy in the post office this morning who told me that he saw that Texas was getting snowstorms. We agreed that if you folks down there find that you like the snow, you can have all of our January/February share if you want. :lol: :P
I must be living right! Thursday it snowed to the SW, W and N of me. Friday it snowed S and SE of me, including Houston. I got nothing in NE Texas and love it.

I always said if it snowed any more here I'd move farther south, but I'm not so sure now after reports from Marshall, Nacogdoches, and Houston. That only leaves Hawaii and I'm too claustrophobic to live on an island. (I hear it snows there too, anyway)
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

It's snowing pretty good up here in central Maine at the moment.
The forecast is 1" to 3" to 6" depending on how the storm tracks
and so forth. The ground is still pretty warm, so I'm thinkin' it
won't last long.

We've gotten away with murder so far this season - we had
64 or 65 on Thursday (unprecedented - a record!), and I rode
the motorbike to work three days last week. In December! In
Maine! LOL!

Winter is coming. It won't be an early one this year, and hopefully
not as hard as the last two.

The deer population took a HUGE hit the last two years because of the
severity of the winter, and the harvest this year is projected to be less
than half or normal. Many folks didn't even see anything this season.
I jumped a couple, but didn't get one.

-Stretch
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Wuss's..... :lol:
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

I don't mind the snow; it's the whole month of rain that I get tired of! November was such a drag! Might head out to the woods tomorrow, just to see what's out there, take the Winchester 62A .22 pump gun with me...
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Mescalero1, I'm sorry I didn't catch your inquiry on the Phoenix show. I was one who continued to also wonder how it was as I was (and continue) fighting a very bad cold or (hopefully not) onset of flu and figured I'd do nothing but aggravate. I was really looking forward attending this "big one" of our shows. Maybe someone else can report in.

To another poster who wondered about moving south but, after hearing about Texas snow, figured Hawaii was the only remaining choice: here in the lower Az desert the white stuff is still quite rare, though we don't escape what all the literature describes accurately as "cold desert nights." Very low himidity makes similar temps found in more coastal climes (Fla, etc) feel much nippier here, especially when that sun goes down. We're actually not dissimilar from the other mountain states in that regard, just lower latitude and altitude keeping temps still mild, relative speaking. Mid-day, we're usually back to mighty fine golf 'r shooting weather though.