Classics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

Classics

Post by jtaylor1960 »

Went hunting for bear this week.I'm in Pa.The first day we got two bears.One weighing 159lbs.another weighing 279lbs. live weight.Now here is the cool part One bear was killed with a 358win. in a model 99 Savage and the other with a 348win. in the great model 71.Both guns were shooting Remington Core-lokt bullets.The guys I hunt with love the classics.In our small group we had a wide variety of the old and "obsolete" cartridges.Included were 2 348win.,358win.,284win,405win.,a model 88Win. in 243, and my gun was a Marlin in 45/70 shooting my own cast bullets.We recovered one bullet from the bigger bear fired from the 358win. It was one of the most perfectly mushroomed bullets I have ever seen.It was as I said earlier a Remington 200gr.Core-Lokt. another classic that is hard to beat.One of our hunters just came back from a moose hunt in Canada.He took a nice moose with his 348win.It took only one shot at 65yds.Again with a no longer available Core lokt bullet.The moral of this story is classic lever guns and good bullets never go out style.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Classics

Post by kimwcook »

Cool hunt. Thanks for telling it. Classics never go out of style.
Old Law Dawg
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

What part of PA?

I'm seeing more bear than deer these days around out cabin outside of Bradford.
Think I'm going to get a bear tag next year!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

Post by jtaylor1960 »

We are in South Central Pa. Bedford county.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Great fellows you hunt with!
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/