A Pittance of Time

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

A Pittance of Time

Post by Hobie »

This is the video Victor wanted to share with us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlrrAWCTRg

On November 11, 1999 Terry Kelly was in a Shoppers Drug Mart store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. At 10:55 AM an announcement came over the store's PA asking customers who would still be on the premises at 11:00 AM to give two minutes of silence in respect to the veterans who have sacrificed so much for us.

Terry was impressed with the store's leadership role in adopting the Legion's "two minutes of silence" initiative. He felt that the store's contribution of educating the public to the importance of remembering was commendable.

When eleven o'clock arrived on that day, an announcement was again made asking for the "two minutes of silence" to commence. All customers, with the exception of a man who was accompanied by his young child, showed their respect.

Terry's anger towards the father for trying to engage the store's clerk in conversation and for setting a bad example for his child was later channeled into a beautiful piece of work called, "A Pittance of Time". Terry later recorded "A Pittance of Time" and included it on his full-length music CD, "The Power of the Dream".
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Pittance of Time

Post by madman4570 »

Very Special, That's a song that makes it hard to keep the eyes dry! :(
Thanks!

Thank you to all our Vets!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thank you veterans!!!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

madman4570 wrote:Very Special, That's a song that makes it hard to keep the eyes dry! :(
Thanks!

Thank you to all our Vets!
Hard!?! Impossible.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No matter how much money or possessions we acquire we will always remain heavily in debt to the Veterans who fought for us all.

LEST WE FORGET.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Good way to start the new day...
Thanks to all that served
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I am a little late to this thread
Thank you to all who serve, have served and will yet serve
What the fat lazy American has to realize no freedom is truly free if you don't or won't fight to be free you will soon loose it and then you will know what you had and lost.
Hobbie thank you for the link
I don't even talk much about being a vet as the current government feels that vets are home land terrorists and I didn't serve to be called a terrorist by my government.
I served because America is my home and has been since before we were a country of our own. My family blood runs long and deep in the soil of this land and that is why I stepped up and served. I didn't do it for anyone but me, never thought of what my family would say if I died while on active duty as my life was no more important then the guy standing next to me. I didn't do it to get medals as all they do is remind me of why I got them and that was a sad thing. No I don't have any medals or even know if I am eligible for any. I have the memories of friends and some who were not friends who died so the current individuals who are in power now have the right to take my and your freedoms away all in the guise of making us safer. I have only one prayer and that is that America wakes up before we are all marching off to the gas chambers because we understand what freedom is and what tyrany is and so much be eliminated for the good of the nation. Yes it is a sad day to remember those who died so we can be free but it is also a day to be glad that they saw the greater good and stepped forward to protect us. But who is protecting them?
If I were not so old and broken I would gladly step into the fight as to die for freedom is an honor and if you don't die in battle there is something yet for you to do before it is your time to leave. Stand up America and show the politicians in Washington that this your country and they work for you and not the other way around.
May the lord bless and keep us safe from all the harms that are coming out way.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV