OT - What was the worst thing you ever ate or drank?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - What was the worst thing you ever ate or drank?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Didn't want to hi-jack this post http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 00#p266900, but it made me think of a funny story. A friend of mine never got soda pop at home when he was growing up. His favorite was a "mellow yellow". I can remember one day we were wandering around a construction site when he came across a bottle of it. He grabbed it and took a big swig.

Well, the bottle had held mellow yellow at one time. It now held recycled mellow yellow!

Funniest thing I ever saw!!! :lol:
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - What was the worst thing you ever ate or drank?

Post by awp101 »

Years ago I learned real quick don't confuse your mostly empty brown beer bottle with the identical mostly empty beer bottle you have with you because you're dipping. Good thing I quit dipping a long time ago as well. :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pop/beer cans at a party; NEVER set yours down.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

You dont want to know. :shock: You REALLY REALLY dont want to know. :shock: :o Trust me. :wink:
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Dang I was going to say a bottle of Ripple wine but it does not seem appropriate now. My buddy and I fix up an Upper Ten bottle for a guy that was stealing out drinks at lunch while working at a grocery store. He acted about like y'all are talking about. :lol:
"That'll Be The Day"
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I guess I'm lucky

Drank: Old Crow Bourbon

Ate: Red Squirrel. They taste like turpentine and rubber.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Stationed on Okinawa, living off base. Neighbor (Okinawan) built a new house and invited us over for a house warming celebration. Neighbor hands me this tall drink which best can be described as "murky" looking.. Come to think of it, that described how it tasted too. Turns out it was Root Beer & sake: "I know how you Americans love mixed drinks!" I drank it all (hands across the sea and all that)...
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
dave in maine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dave in maine »

republic of so korea circa 1961 18 year old knuckle head chugaluged a bottle of cheap champagne on payday.result the first champagne fountain i ever saw,and one sick puppie.i'd have been better off with reycled mello yello.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Worst thing was when I was 18 and got drunk at a party,took a big gulp of what I thought was beer??? Anyway I got the one that did it and forced a whole glass down him of my own brew! :lol:

Worst thing I ever ate was Boiled Opposum w/Brake Firns!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

When I was a kid, my dad and I wanted to try caviar. Not knowing where to get real caviar, we used crappie roe. And, since we didn't know how to prepare it, we just battered it up with the rest of the fish and fried it. Of course the fish were great, but the "caviar" was pretty nasty. :D

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

When I was a bartender, I drank a "bartender's shot". It was whatever was left in the drip mat at the end of the night. It was nasty.

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Bogie35 wrote:When I was a kid, my dad and I wanted to try caviar. Not knowing where to get real caviar, we used crappie roe. And, since we didn't know how to prepare it, we just battered it up with the rest of the fish and fried it. Of course the fish were great, but the "caviar" was pretty nasty. :D

bogie
I tried that with perch roe once. Yeah, pretty nasty.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The worst tasting thing I ever ate was Hershey's Coco powder. I was about 8 or 9 I think and since the brownies and cake and cookies were so good with it I just grabbed a spoon full and "tried" to eat it. It sucked up all the moisture in my mouth and throat and turned to glue.
I choked, blew, snorted and almost passed out before I got that powdered chocolate out of my mouth. Never did that again.

The sickest I ever got was when I ate ice cream and watermelon at the same time. I spent the biggest part of two days baby sitting the pot.

My stories are nothing compared to you guys. Oh well.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

When I was a kid, my dad came home from a hunting trip with a sage hen. Mom cooked that thing up and the whole house smelled like sage brush. You couldn't eat the flesh, and you couldn't eat the gravy. It was cold at the time, but we opened the windows anyway to air out the house! :shock:

The other baddy occurred when I was 14. I found a bottle of beer that had been floating in this lake for a year or so. My buddy and I bootlegged it into our tent, popped the top, and when that smell escaped from the bottle, we both started gagging. Fortunately for us, it smelled so bad that we didn't drink it! :lol:

One other thing that is really nasty is deer tallow. I can still remember how that tasted on the roof of my mouth when I'd get a piece. That is why I am now EXTREMELY picky when it comes to the care of wild meat!
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

When I was in my early teens I shot a mangy coyote. A friend and I decided to cook it up.

It was AWFUL :shock:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Balut, in las Pilipinas.

All in the interests of international goodwill.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

My brother shot a crow one time and decided to cook it up. Not a good eating game bird. :oops:

Probably worse than the crow was a swig of cold coffee that I forgot I had been using as an ash tray for about half of a graveyard patrol shift.
NRA Life Member
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

TedH wrote:My brother shot a crow one time and decided to cook it up. Not a good eating game bird. :oops:

Probably worse than the crow was a swig of cold coffee that I forgot I had been using as an ash tray for about half of a graveyard patrol shift.
Maybe you just didn't cook it right.

Try Mike Cumpston's Crow a la Taurus Recipe, he swears that it is right tasty.

Crow ala Taurus.
Mike Cumpston
I got this idea from a pre-outdoor channel documentary about shooting crows in Kansas. The hunters told how to soak crow breasts in brine to shake loose the subcutaneous membrane and then cooked them some way or another. I had always heard that crows were inedible and am reasonably convinced that this was merely an attempt to sugar coat the practice of shooting crows to keep the general public from whining about it.
The recipe is concocted with two major purposes in mind: Render the dense, deep-purple meat as flavorful as possible; and, kill any random parasites that might be present.
1. Obtain Crow- any crow will do. This one was sniped with a Taurus .17 Tracker shortly before general distribution began. The details will be found in an American Handgunner Article.
2. Remove core and jacket remnants including the plastic tip. ( the major portion of the core ezited but there were enough fragments left behind to make it way neat)
3. Remove entrails, head and feet and yank out all feathers.
4. Soak in salt water over night- remove tough outer membrane from breast
5. Lay the carcass on a large sheet of aluminum foil –salt and pepper. Stuff the body cavity with onion slices and mushrooms.
6. Moisten with a generous dollop of Old Crow Kentucky Whiskey. Wrap and seal foil around the meat.
7. Bake in oven until tender. I had planed on 1.5 hours but went to sleep after drinking a peg of the remaining Old Crow and didn’t get back to the oven until over 2 hours had passed.

The finished bird retains its purplish hew. The meat is relatively tender. (relative to possum) . It retains a rather smoky flavor-the kind of smoke you might get from cooking over rolled up newspapers. It reminded me of visits to local shotgun shacks that were heated with the stainless steal “Paper Stoves” that were actually designed to used newspaper rolls for fuel.
Crow ala Taurus is a welcome break from ordinary fare. The dangers of picking up parasitic organisms or West Nile Virus are greatly exaggerated
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

When i was in the navy, operating a deep submergence vehicle, we gathered tube worms (my vessel actually discovered the tubes worm at what is known as "5 North") for a science team. Got them from 17,000 feet at the site of a hydrothermic vent field. Once on deck, they bet me to eat one. I did. I think I am one of two people to ever have done that. Tasted like the deadly sulpher conditions I pulled him from. YUCK!!!.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Mike, Now that takes real CAHONES to do what you did :P
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

that or too much testosterone. :lol: :lol:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

As a teenager my friends and I used to go to rock concerts (this was in the mid 60's) in Montgomery, Ala. We would stay at a motel the night of the concert and, as you might imagine, a bunch of teenage boys away from home in motel were prone to take a drink (or 2 or 3 or...........)

On this particular trip the guy I was sharing a room with and I were drinking whiskey sours made from a powdered mix. The whiskey was in 1/2 pint bottles.

Some time in the wee hours of the morning I laid down on the bed and took a little alcohol induced nap. I awoke sometime later and decided I needed some hair of the dog and proceeded to mix myself another whiskey sour. There was a bottle on the night stand,so I poured some into a glass with the powdered mix and took a swig.

I immediately gagged and spit it out. My friend had placed his bottle of British Sterling cologne on the night stand and in my "confused" state I mistook the similar shaped bottle for the whiskey!

To this day I cannot stand the smell of British Sterling :?
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Wasn't the worst thing I ever ate, but it darned neart killed me. Many, many years ago I was in Kansas City, Kansas and had just passed my Shodan black belt test earlier in the day. All of us that passed our tests went with the Sensei to his favorite sushi bar. I'd never eaten sushi before and I was pretty toasted from all the hot saki. I ordered some shark and when the plate came I noticed someone had slopped some green stuff on my plate. I picked up the whole thing and put it in my mouth. Well, it was fresh wasabe. I coughed it up my nose and then aspirated it down into my lungs. I couldn't breathe out my nose or my mouth and almost passed out. I'm a whole lot more careful around foods I've never eaten before.
Old Law Dawg
Kevin Keith
Levergunner

Post by Kevin Keith »

Tacos de sesos (brains) down in Guanajuato. Texture of peanut butter and, boiled, just a nasty flavor. Grilled may have been chokedownable! Had blood tacos too. Better than brain.

Or maybe FRESH LIVER!!!! <ducking>
Treat everyone like they're important.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

The dehydrated beef patty in a the 1980's MRE, was pretty bad, as was the Ham and Choke Loaf. It was slimy and tasteless and just always made me feel that much colder. After a couple days of nothing....they tasted about the same as top sirloin wrapped in bacon though. :mrgreen:

Drank: is a tie between swigging down a good gulp of gasoline in an old Pepsi bottle(which looks like pepsi to a kid FYI) and picking up the wrong can and getting someone elses spittoon.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Kevin Keith wrote: Or maybe FRESH LIVER!!!! <ducking>
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bogie
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Jason_W wrote:I guess I'm lucky

Drank: Old Crow Bourbon

Ate: Red Squirrel. They taste like turpentine and rubber.

In the milk house of the barn when I was growing up grandpa had many empty bottles of Old Crow soooo..... last year I found a micky of it at the liguor store / wanting to see what my grandfather thought was so good.... arjunky,my dad,uncle,wife,brother all took a pull and the micky is still 3/4 full..... how can you call it "The good ol' days" when all you had to drink was gut rott and FOUR ROSES wine

^
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I like squash. Butternut, Acorn, Hubbard, Spaghetti, you name it. LOVE the Delicata. All good.

Never, ever, ever assume that a Gourd that happens to look sort of squash-like will taste anything like squash...!

My wife had had a hard week with work, bronchitis, a sore back, kids, etc., and put together a sit-down dinner for us despite feeling awful. Among the 'delights' awaiting us was a painstakingly and lovingly prepared tray of baked 'squash'.

Ordinarly we'd have just thanked her for making 'such a nice dinner' and maybe politely not eaten much of something that wasn't very good. It's hard to be 'polite' though, when you're spitting out a big bite of what you assumed would be cinammon-buttery squash, and running to the sink to wash your mouth out... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Wheat Grass Juice.....if it's so good for you why does it taste so bad?
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Bruce Scott wrote:Balut, in las Pilipinas.

All in the interests of international goodwill.
I like those Baluts and I like Kimchi (rotten cabbage) from Korea. I ate three of those Baluts at my Chief's initiation and made most of the initiaters sick. Grossed em out so bad they made me sit out the rest of the initiation. Washed it down with Truth Serum. You Navy guys know what a Chief's Initiation is.

As to the worst thing I've ever eaten/drunk, I don't know what it was. It was in Laos (1966) and it was a liquid with some tapioca textured/curdled buttermilk lumps in it. Didn't taste too bad at first but the after-taste/burn is what got me/us. I think it definitely had some gasoline in it but not sure. Could'a been goat pee for all I know. Had no choice but to drink it as it was offered by a village chief/head-man.
ED
Yer never too old
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

worst going in? or worst coming back out? :o

never mind, forget i even asked. :roll:

don't want to think about that anymore. :oops:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Back during WW Nam, one Sunday morn they served French Toast with an actual quart of state side fresh milk in the carton per customer... Well after chomping down several bites of syrupy F T, I chugged about half a quart of curdled milk before the syrup was washed away and I could taste the sour horror...I just ran out of there and heaved...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

I don't remember - I spit it out! :lol:
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OI phones in... »

Gotta second Doc here...
Crow is right fine meat if cleaned/preparwd PROPERLY ... http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.ht

Doc Hudson wrote:
TedH wrote:My brother shot a crow one time and decided to cook it up. Not a good eating game bird. :oops:

Maybe you just didn't cook it right.

Try Mike Cumpston's Crow a la Taurus Recipe, he swears that it is right tasty.

Crow ala Taurus.
Mike Cumpston
I got this idea from a pre-outdoor channel documentary about shooting crows in Kansas. The hunters told how to soak crow breasts in brine to shake loose the subcutaneous membrane and then cooked them some way or another. I had always heard that crows were inedible and am reasonably convinced that this was merely an attempt to sugar coat the practice of shooting crows to keep the general public from whining about it.
The recipe is concocted with two major purposes in mind: Render the dense, deep-purple meat as flavorful as possible; and, kill any random parasites that might be present.
1. Obtain Crow- any crow will do. This one was sniped with a Taurus .17 Tracker shortly before general distribution began. The details will be found in an American Handgunner Article.
2. Remove core and jacket remnants including the plastic tip. ( the major portion of the core ezited but there were enough fragments left behind to make it way neat)
3. Remove entrails, head and feet and yank out all feathers.
4. Soak in salt water over night- remove tough outer membrane from breast
5. Lay the carcass on a large sheet of aluminum foil –salt and pepper. Stuff the body cavity with onion slices and mushrooms.
6. Moisten with a generous dollop of Old Crow Kentucky Whiskey. Wrap and seal foil around the meat.
7. Bake in oven until tender. I had planed on 1.5 hours but went to sleep after drinking a peg of the remaining Old Crow and didn’t get back to the oven until over 2 hours had passed.

The finished bird retains its purplish hew. The meat is relatively tender. (relative to possum) . It retains a rather smoky flavor-the kind of smoke you might get from cooking over rolled up newspapers. It reminded me of visits to local shotgun shacks that were heated with the stainless steal “Paper Stoves” that were actually designed to used newspaper rolls for fuel.
Crow ala Taurus is a welcome break from ordinary fare. The dangers of picking up parasitic organisms or West Nile Virus are greatly exaggerated
Last edited by OI phones in... on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OI phones in... »

Worst eaten: Smoked Salmon. Durn near kilt me... turns out I'm allergic ... (otherwise I'll eat almost anything... when in rome, etc.)

Worst drink? Any 'modern' 'shooter'. "cement mixers" top the list.
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Worst drink was a Korean whiskey called Silvac. That stuff is disgusting. Worst thing I ever ate was my Mother-in-Law's pancakes. I didn't know pancakes could resemble charcoal.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Dewight
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dewight »

Thinking it was beer I took a big slug of Viet Namese fish sauce. Unflavored yogurt- Think it tastes like body odor.
Member: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

I cant think of anything i have tried that was bad, but a buddy of mine had a bad donut.
He would sneak into my lunch box and devour half of my sandwiches, and if he spotted a bag of donuts, they were history.
I left a donut in a bag for him oneday. He took the bait immediately. When I bought it, it was plain. When I had finished with it, it was filled with four pumps of axle grease. He even took a second bite :shock:
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

1. Ouzo

2. Brandavino

3. Unidentifiable frying objects "cooked" by my mother in law
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

This is a very hard post to respond to in many ways. For one I am a culinary adventurist for a lack of a better term. A friend of mine said you remind me of that Andrew Zimmern character on Bizarre Foods. I've eaten some of the wierd and to many disgusting foods but I actually enjoyed them.

Jason mentioned perch roe. I love perch roe. It is the reason I would go ice fishing. Most of the time we'd make a fire out on the ice and I would fry up those delicacies as we watched our tilts.

Kim mentioned the mistake of too much wasabi. I love sushi. In fact the better half and I have sushi at least once a month. She doesn't like wasabi but I love it. It is a seasoning that is good in moderation. A little goes a long way. From what I have read it is good for the respiratory system.

I would say the worst thing I have eaten was your typical New England boiled dinner. Boiled cabbage, boiled potatos and something that resembled meat. It was utterly flavorless and the texture was not to my liking. As a kid I hated cabbage, mostly because of the way my grandmother cooked it, everything in a pressure cooker. Now I love cabbage. The best way I found is a tad time consuming but rewarding in a gastronomical way. I peel the cabbage and chiffonade each leaf. The cut leaves are then sauteed in a hot pan with olive or grapeseed oil and seasoned with a touch of garlic and onion powder.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

While visiting a consultant in California, he wife made lunch. One of the dishes she prepared was a pea-green chunky soup she called gazpacho. Not like any gazpacho I ever had before. I took some polite sips until I could choke down no more. Horrible stuff.

I avoid raw cucumbers, green honeydew melon, and watermelon. "The more I chew them, the bigger they get," and the flavor of them is so nauseating that I CANNOT swallow either lest everything comes back up. Yuck.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

in 1976 we had an exchange student from finland and she was with our family the whole summer. When it was time for her to go back she decided to make a very nice traditional meal as a thank you present for her staying with us. She worked all day and it smelled kinda funny in the whole house but hey I was 11 and would eat ALMOST anything. She brought out tray after tray of the foulest nastiest stuff you could imagine. It didn't look so bad but it smelled to high heaven(please remember my stand on liver from previous post) first was a tray of fried liver that was so cooked it would have been tougher than my boot heel(BLAAAAK!) next to it was a soup creamed liver soup(how could it have gotten worse) ,next a rice dish that had cream of mushroom soup and(yeap you guessed it) little bits of barely warm liver(I thought I was gonna yak right at the table, but Dad was giving me the, if you know what's good for you look) and last but diffenately not least liver flavored ICE CREAM(an abomination by any mans standard). I mean I had swallowed a big piece of my grandfather stolen chaw and it was better than this stuff. I even had to smile and say nice things about it(honestly I thought about taking the beating and saying exactly what I thought but DAD had that" this will be a good one' if you do look in his eye), truly nasty stuff!1 It's been almost 33 years since, I worked on a cattle ranch in high school and had stuff plop in my mouth that just shouldn't be discussed. During calving you never know whats going where. I have been a nurse for years and some of the smells from the human body would gag a maggot, but I have never had to endure anything as nasty as that meal. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Lets just say that bourbon flavored dip is NOT the same as dip flavored bourbon and let it go at that.

that candle wax was a close second...

Jeff
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

The best thing I ever ate was a t-bone steak down in Texas at a place called Cattleman's Steak House. Outstanding.
The worst thing I ever ate.
HHHHMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. My first wedding cake. :wink:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Funny how both occurred in my younger-not-so-smart-hey-look-at-me-I'm-invulnerable period in life...

Worst thing ever eaten....on a dare, I tried some sorta local seafood dish..."thing"...while in Singapore. Talk about downright nasty..... :shock: Can you say Vomit Comet??

Worst thing ever drank.....some homemade Austrian hooch while on a job in Salzburg. All I remember it was super sweet, pepperminty, and disgusting.... then I woke up with the absolute worst hangover known to mankind.... :mrgreen: :shock:

But I'm much better now...
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

That would have to be that fluid they make you drink the the night before a colonoscopy.Then there was the Taco Bell on the way up to hunt the B-zone just south of the Oregon border-had more gas then the car for three days running ................should have know something was up when the gal behind the counter was wearing combat boots and had a cigarette dangling out of her mouth.That and the fact that our shoes were sticking to the floor when we walked in.
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Well its gotta be Budwiesser beer, its the worst tasting beer in the World. No wonder its not in Australia. Thank Christ.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
dgslyr
Levergunner

Post by dgslyr »

+1 Ouzo
In the Marine Corps there was a C-ration meal we referred to as ham and M@##%^F*&%)R's.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

dgslyr wrote:+1 Ouzo
In the Marine Corps there was a C-ration meal we referred to as ham and M@##%^F*&%)R's.
The Army had those two, but they weren't my worst. It would have to be a toss up between some type of boiled rutabaga's a friend of my Mom's brought to Thanksgiving dinner once or the combination of raw white onion, just take a bite, followed by honey and washed down with a mixture of milk and vinegar I had to endure for FFA initation 35 years ago. The following upheaval was quite memorable.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
roundup
Levergunner 1.0

Post by roundup »

I've eaten balutes, lutefisk, frog legs, sushi, tripe and my brother-in-laws BBQ amongst other things, but the worst thing I ever tried to eat was seafood in a gourmet restaurant on a cruise liner last summer. It was semi raw, rubbery and tasted like s@#$! On float trips on the Rogue River we used to take nice stuff like Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, etc.. One evening I got passed a jug of something and took a large swig. I immediately hurled. It was the aforementioned Old Crow....! I had to swallow hard because I felt something fuzzy coming up!
Happy Trails!