?OT?- Padded the roster today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

?OT?- Padded the roster today

Post by Andrew »

Had the itch and decided to scratch it today. I waddled through wally-world and picked up this little beauty. Hands down the best $20 I have ever spent.

Daisy "Buck" leveraction repeating BB gun. The pic may not show too well, but thats a fiber-optic front sight on the end of the barrel.

I didn't have much daylight left when I got home but I did get a little "range" time in. The light was so dim that the fiber didn't even want to work. Range was exactly 30ft.

I had an old pot sitting outside that I propped up in the window to my shed and I pelted it as well. I can't believe I waited untill I was 24 to buy a BB gun, but man I'm gonna make up for lost time. :lol:

The rear sight needs to be opened up a little and the stock(surprise, surprise) needs to be longer. I was actually resting the butt on the front of my cheek bone. I will fix both issues in good time, but for now, shooting will proceed in mass volume. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congratulations Andrew!!! :D

IIRC, the "Daisy Buck" is a scaled down version of the famous "Red Ryder". Put that one aside for your future levergunner, and pick up a companion that fits you better. That is going to be a ton of fun!!! :D
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Cool! I still have mine, after all these years. I still shoot it too. Gosh, that was near thirty years ago......
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

:) :) :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That looks just like the one I've had for somewhere around 40 years. Still works too.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Nothing OT about that! :D Very nice! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Excelent :D . My air guns get way more range time the my powder burners. It is just so easy to walk out in the garage and plink for hours with out any of my neighbors knowing :D .
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
nralover
Levergunner 2.0

Post by nralover »

Looks like it is aluminum can season:)
Mtnfolk75
Levergunner

Daisy Buck

Post by Mtnfolk75 »

My grand-daughter wanted one of those for her third Birthday, but she wanted it PINK .....

So... you know what Grandpa did on 9-28-2007 ........ :shock:
Dusty (Mtnfolk75)
Retired CA LEO / NRA Lifer

" Where my friend Roscoe is not welcome ..., neither am I ... "
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

You'll shoot yer eye out!
Slow is just slow.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Got my first .22 around age five (single shot), and my first "semiautomatic assault weapon" (Ruger 10/22) around age 12. Next gun was a Mark I, then Super-Blackhawk, then M-77 bolt gun in 6mm. Then off to college.

Got my first BB gun at age 32, to shoot (seriously!) walnuts off the tree we parked under (they were denting up the car). It wouldn't do the job, even if you hit one, so I got a .177 pellet gun, which could hit them much more easily, AND usually knock them off.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Don't speak so loudly that you all have fun with BB guns or else the Clintonistas will figure a way to add them to the next Gun Bill :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh and that is one nice Levergun :D
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Congratulations!!!!! Those are fun guns!! Wish I had my Daisy Red Ryder pump back. It had a red stock!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

505stevec wrote:Don't speak so loudly that you all have fun with BB guns or else the Clintonistas will figure a way to add them to the next Gun Bill :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh and that is one nice Levergun :D
You laugh, but I wouldn't put it past them. Napoleon issued orders to kill anyone caught with one, back in his day, since snipers kept picking off men in his columns with them.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

My first gun was a levergun. I guess I was about eight years old. This would put it about 1965. Dad gave me a BB gun that was an axact replica of a Win. 94. It even weighed almost as much. The BBs loadded through the loading gate. It was a well built great little gun. Unfortunatly I have no idea where it is now. Lost it years ago. Sure wish I still had it. I don't even remember who the manufacturer was.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

I still have my Daisy Red Ryder. It must be about 31 years old now. It still works and I left the yellow safety tag on the stock all these years. It is in my gun cabinet along with my other levers.
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Dastook,

Daisy makes them and has for years. I always wanted one, but they're about $90. You can get them at some Wal-marts.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Andrew, good post...I have been thinking about getting a Red Ryder and this will get me motivated to go to the store on Saturday.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"