September 11th

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

September 11th

Post by jeepnik »

As I'm sure you all know, tomorow is the aniversary of that tragic day. Last year, a local university put up a very moving tribute. This photo can't completely show it, but there's one flag for every life lost, less the hijackers. And not to get politcal, but, some said they should have been represented also. To figure.

It was done in a rather dramatic manner. For a week or so before the 11th, students were surveying the grassy area in front of the university and placing pieces of rebar evenly spaced. No one really knew what was going on. Then on the night before the 11th, hundreds of students put up thousands of flags. The next day, the result was awe inspiring. Coming from the south (this is on the famous Pacific Coast Highway), you come up rise and it's right in front of you. From the north it's not as abrupt, but no less thrilling.

Well, the other day, I drove by and they were laying out the pattern again. Tomorrow, I'm going to be traveling northbound in the morning, and southbound in the afternoon past the university. Last year all I had was a point & shoot I use for work. Tomorrow, I intend to take my good camera, lenses and tripods.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Hobie

Re: September 11th

Post by Hobie »

These things get to me... Old age I guess.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

If someone really needs those hijackers represented :roll: (which they shouldnt) it should be done at some old run down closed sewer plant with some big black rocks, each rock representing each hijacker thrown down deep in a hole covered in sewege surrounded by a hot fire burning with red hot ashes surrounding those rocks symbolizing way down below in you know where right where they are now! :evil:
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Picture got blurry there for a minute.... Thanks for posting that. God bless those that gave their all. And, the terrorists should have their names erased from the book of life.
Old Law Dawg
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Which University is that?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

God Bless them!

Pete Martin has been much on my mind the last few days. I still want to exact blood vengeance from the murderous scum who caused his death.

I will never forget! Nor forgive.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

I'm from the other side of the tracks who believes somebody ELSE is responsible for that attack, and it Ps me off to no end that they are getting away with it! :twisted:
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

mikld wrote:Which University is that?

You can bet your levergun it AIN'T Berkley! God bless those kids and those that organized it. May the VICTIMS always be remembered, and the pukes that caused it be forgotten.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

May they rest in peace.

Go to http://www.olivetreeviews.org look for The Hijacking of 9/11 see what the Obamanation wants to do with this day.

It will be under Jan's articles.
UNITE
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

kimwcook wrote:Picture got blurry there for a minute.... Thanks for posting that. God bless those that gave their all. And, the terrorists should have their names erased from the book of life.
+ 1
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Hung a flag in my pick-up truck this morning

and.....I think its time we get even.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

great article. its 8:26. time of the first plane hit. Blessings to all those lost and their loved one. May God hold them in his hands always.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

"the terrorists should have their names erased from the book of life."

+1

The REAL living GOD will take his measure.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Prayers said for all those poor souls who lost their lives and also for their families(with exception of the scum hijackers) also all those made ill and injured because of that terrible deed! :cry:
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Bullard4075 wrote:"the terrorists should have their names erased from the book of life."

+1

The REAL living GOD will take his measure.

+1 as well.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I post a "tribute" every September 11th. Nothing I say will ever do anything to make things right. I have to have faith that it will be as it should be and the strength to do what I can.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

mikld wrote:Which University is that?

Pepperdine

Probably couldn't do it on a state owned university. :evil:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Little update. I went by today, took some more photos. I'll post them later. A small but significant change. Many of those killed were citizens of other nations. In tribute to those, they planted the flag of their nation. There are still an overwhelming number of American flags, but the interspersion of the other flags brings to light that this was an attack on all the good peoples of this world.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

They had a special on the other day with the recording of the firemen and others that tried to help. I couldn't finish it and I'm an old retired coach. I'm sad and mad at the same time.
"That'll Be The Day"
BlueStateSaint
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlueStateSaint »

Gnag, a friend of mine was in Engine 7--the one that the CBS special "Lucky 7" was made about. He told me that he stopped counting the number of friends' funerals that he went to, when he went to his 50th. He also told me that the booming sounds that were interspaced through the film--the sounds of the impacts of bodies of those desperate enough to jump from the towers--were a lot louder in real life. Haven't talked to him in a while. Need to shoot him an email.

May God have Mercy on those who died that day.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Here's one from today. Without an aerial shot, you can't really get a photo that shows the scope of this tribute. The overcast this morning gave it a somber appearance.

Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

One side note. As I was taking photos, quite a few folks stopped and ask me what the display was about. Sadly for many "Americans", "Never Forget" lasted about ten minutes. :evil: A bright spot was a young lady from one of the former Yugoslavian republics ( I could tell by the accent, but not which one), who came up and we talked. She had heard about the display last year, in her home country. She is now a student at USC. She felt she needed to see this and say a prayer.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

Well today is 911 and my Highschool didn't even mention anything about that. Every year before in school, we had big talks and such about 911 and this year? Nothing! :evil: That really makes me proud of what Obama has done to this country and the schools...... :evil:
I think every 911 scholls should take all the students to the local shooting tange and have them put some lead down range. Just so they can be better prepared for the next terrorrist attack.
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
rusty gunns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rusty gunns »

Raising Flag.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The problem using historical quotes in your signature is that there is no way to verify its authenticity.
-Abraham Lincoln

Pair of Colt 73 44-40 (1897)
Parker Bros 10 Gauge (1878)
Winchester 73 44-40 (1881)
Marlin 89 38-40 (1891) Marlin 89 44-40 (1891)
Win 92 38-40 (1892)
Win 92 Short Rifle 44-40 (1901)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I spent 9/11 this year in airports. Was supposed to fly home directly from LA, but my flight was cancelled. Ended up doing LA to Las Vegas to Charlotte instead. The airports were very busy - surprisingly so. LA did observe a moment of silence at 8:46am EST (time the first jet stuck one of the Trade Center towers - too bad the gate announcers then promptly ignored the request... :evil:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BTW - I will NEVER forget, and I will NEVER forgive the cowards that did this - or the cowards now trying to burying it in policital correctness! :evil: :evil: :evil: