OT - The job I almost had. (Rated PG)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

OT - The job I almost had. (Rated PG)

Post by homefront »

Ysabel Kid has a thread going about returning to work from vacation:
viewtopic.php?t=1962
It got me to thinking about all the different work I've done over the years, and it brought back something you guys may find entertaining. Or at least you'll feel sorry for me :lol: .

About 5 years ago, I was working as a carpenter, framing homes in developments. The work was very physical, cold, hot, wet, and often hazardous, but I liked our crew and the work, and so stayed at it for a couple of years. Then a friend called me, told me she had just graduated from massage school and that I should check it out. I did, went to school at night (which made for some bawdy comments on the job sites!), and 6 months and 600 hours later was state certified as a massage therapist.
After a year of working for several chiropractors and salons, as well as having some private clients, I get a call from this same friend (a woman by the way). "How would you like to make $500 a night, cash?" Hmmm. "Of course I would, but is it legal?" "Yes. Meet me down at -------- in Philly tonight at 7." -------- was a big go-go bar, which (ahem) I'd never (ever - I swear) been to.
Anyway, I meet her there, she introduces me to the assistant manager who says, "If ------ says you're alright, you're alright with me, too." So off we walk into... can you guess where?... the dressing room for the dancers.
"You're kidding, right?" I ask my friend. "No, I'm not. They pay $1 a minute to be massaged, plus tips, and they can't get enough. All cash, of course." Sure enough, there's her massage table off to the side, candles, a CD player, and her lotions. Bare augmentation and hair is flying everywhere, in various stages of dress, and I can't believe what I'm hearing or seeing. "I don't use draping here (the term for keeping the client covered at all times), I just clean the table with alcohol, they jump on and I make 'em happy." She introduced me to a few of the girls, who seemed happy and excited that I'd be working there.
So I dial the phone: "Hi honey. If I had a chance to make a couple thou a week cash, and maybe be home during the day, would that be alright?" A few moments silence followed by, "Doing what?" Hmmm. I just spit it out, and she said "We'll talk when you get home."
Long story short, she finally says ok ( :shock: ), and the next day I load up my table and gear, and head on down to meet my friend in Philly, ready to (no snickering boys!) work hard at my new job. On the way in, we meet the manager who is back from vacation. "Dude, I hate 'ta do dis to ya, but yer a guy an nats a conflict of interest. Sorry."
Yeah, dude, me too. :cry:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

What a bummer! :cry: :cry:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - The job I almost had. (Rated PG)

Post by Noah Zark »

homefront wrote: . . . On the way in, we meet the manager who is back from vacation. "Dude, I hate 'ta do dis to ya, but yer a guy an nats a conflict of interest. Sorry."
Just tell him you're gay.

Noah
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Just tell him you're gay.
:shock:

Uh, no.

A friend of mine who's, shall we say, - affiliated - with a local motorcycle "club", told me I was lucky to not get in. He said that eventually somebody would have paid me an unfriendly 3am visit in the parking lot as I was leaving. He said that drugs are a part of the culture on the dancing circuit, and that some of the boyfriends would not appreciate me helping out. I didn't need to hear more to give up on the whole notion.

After almost 2 years of working at massage, I developed a bad case of TOS - thoracic outlet syndrome - which unfortunately would shut the blood flow to my arm off at the most inopportune moments. I've gone back to construction, on the management side.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

sounds like tough duty.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

$500 cash per night to massage beautiful naked women?

Yup, that would require a lot of thought.
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

I cant believe your Lady was going to let you do it. Takes a special woman to let her man massage other naked pretty women. :lol:
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

"Dude, I hate 'ta do dis to ya, but yer a guy an nats a conflict of interest. Sorry."
What conflict of interest
they want their bodies rubbed, and I want to rub their bodies.
:wink:
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I think that would have been my dream job!!! :shock:

If I had been in that situation and asked my wife, she would have asked me which side of my rear end I wanted kicked over the opposing shoulder first!!! :(
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Sounds like divine intervention which kept you out of trouble and temptation. :lol:
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

If I had been in that situation and asked my wife, she would have asked me which side of my rear end I wanted kicked over the opposing shoulder first!!!
I cant believe your Lady was going to let you do it. Takes a special woman to let her man massage other naked pretty women.

She said yes for 2 reasons:
1) She is special, and truly loves me (I haven't figured why - it's Divine Providence for sure)
2) Times were very hard at that point. No matter how hard or long either of us worked, it seemed not to make a difference, and we were always short of paying the bills. That's another story, which I'll not comment further on.
Sounds like divine intervention which kept you out of trouble and temptation.
Believe it or not, temptation was never a problem when doing massage. It was work worth doing to help someone else, and I always viewed it as such. Of course I have never done it under those conditions, so you may well be right. Seems like the angels do cover me. Sometimes, but not always.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Still, it would have been better than massaging stinky old levergunners! :wink:
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Still, it would have been better than massaging stinky old levergunners!
I worked on body types from 100 lb. ballerina to 300 lb. ex-professional wrestler to a 500 lb. woman who had major back and neck issues from supporting the weight of the biggest breasts I have ever seen. Well, I didn't SEE them, but you know what I mean. The wrestler had the most serious problems, and was the hardest to work on.
To me there was no difference between them all - they all needed help.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Homefront -

You have a much stronger constitution than I! :wink:
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

Kind of a useless thread without pictures. :D
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I'd be happy to post them... for $1 a minute. :lol:
Senior Levergunner

Guess I'm the only naysayer

Post by 2571 »

As a retired, big city vice cop, I would not have taken that job. Money sounds great, but in my experience, those kind of entertainers are not the kind of folks I would touch, even if I were wearing a hazmat suit.

Of course, conditions may vary in your area.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I thought about persuing that as a career, but I'm not about to rub some 400 lb. sweaty fat dude. EVER. NOT gonna happen. Not gonna rub down big momma in her mumu, either.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

We all have "touch" issues.
Two big hurdles most men have to jump if they want to do massage are touching other men, and the occasional person, of either sex, who wants to jump your bones.
If I were a surgeon, or a boxing trainer, I'd have to "touch" guys. Same with massage, no difference. I tended to try to work on people who got massage as treatment for physical difficulties.
Plain language or simply stopping the session and walking away worked for those who felt they could cross a personal boundary. I think guys have a shorter fuse for that sort of thing. It usually made me laugh.
Poor hygiene is inexcusable. In doing a couple of thousand massages, I only refused 2 for uncleanliness. Most people are very conscious of their hygiene when going for massage.

Travis, I don't blame you. It all has to do with how you see things. If you'd throw either of those two people over your shoulder to save them from a fire, or perform CPR on them, or shake their hand, or hug them to comfort them after a tragedy, it's all the same. Society has made us touch phobic, to our own detriment.
ccw9mm
Levergunner

Post by ccw9mm »

Homefront, that's just a terrible story. So painful. So tragic. So unbearably funny! Glad your wife got a kick out of it, too.

Reminds me of the old saying: if it sound too good to be true ... it probably is.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Ya just have to wonder how someone would decide to be a butt doctor.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

A dollar a minute? Do you take VISA or will it be "discreetly billed" to my phone? :D :twisted:
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.