Recoil Pad for my lever guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Recoil Pad for my lever guns

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

I just wanted to share some info with everyone. I was looking for a recoil pad for my Evil 7.62 x 39 SKS, and ordered one from (cheaper then dirt) and was really pleased, so I tried to put it on my lever action rifles,(45-70 and 30-30) and found out the 30-30 fit just fine and the 45-70 was a little tight but it worked. In doing so it not only gave me more pad for that arm breaking 45-70 but also added 2" to the length of each rifle. I would advise ya to check out the SKS pads at Cheaper Then Dirt and see if you like the way they look. It feels good to hold each rifle now and I can get myself around the gun better for sighting.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Recoil Pad for my lever guns

Post by Gary »

You needed a recoil pad for an SKS???? :shock: :lol:
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

Yes" but not for the reason you are thinking. Anyone who owns an SKS know that when the rifle was made it was made for the china man, who has very short arms. (The Stock) The recoil pad gives you extra length to the rifle and allows you to use the Iron sights better as well. It also has a steel but plate used to bash in your foes head in hand to hand fighting. Thats why most western folks use a pad.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The SKS was made for RUSSIANS (Simonov Semiautomatic Carbine)......and the short stock is made because Russia has winters.......real ones. Heavy clothing (and now body armor) with a long stock really sucks, as any M16A2 shooter can attest.

A long armed person can shoot a short stock, the other way around doesn't work well.
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

I would just get a new stick for the SKS. Ramline, Chote, and others make some really nice folding stocks. 8) The folders usually have a longer length of pull, but can fold for easy storage. They are also cool because they not PC (politically correct.) :mrgreen: :lol:
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

How much trimming and fitting did you have to do to get an 'SKS' pad to fit a Marlin...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My wife had a Marlin 336C trimmed down to fit her. I have to put a pad on it to be able to shoot it without the hammer picking my nose for me. I understand about adding length to a stock.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost