'Evil' Rifles 21st and 19th Century

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

'Evil' Rifles 21st and 19th Century

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Thu May 01, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 'Evil' Rifles 21st and 19th Century

Post by Streetstar »

I like 'em all ! In the hands of someone capable, a 30-30 or 45-70 has more potential destructive power than the AR. Of course on the flip side, -- it is much easier to just drop a mag and slam a new one home than it is to thumb rounds through the receiver gate too.

For me, i dont feel under-gunned at all with my leverguns, but i enjoy plinking with the AR's
----- Doug
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

COSteve wrote:Thought I'd show some of my collection but limit it to a comparison of my late 19th century style high capacity, light, accurate, and hard hitting Rifle and Carbine,

with my late 20th century style high capacity, light, accurate, and hard hitting Rifle and Carbine.

Interesting to note that if I'm seen with one of the 1st group, I'm viewed by the average person as just a hunter but if the same people see me with one of the 2nd, I'm considered a 'terrorist' or lunatic.
In the 19th centry you would have been a 'terrorist' or lunatic too... at least in Ohio.

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

Up until 1988 here in Florida, each county had their own permitting system for issuing concealed or not to issue concealed carry permits. Gun Laws were a real hodge pooge of different things. You could carry a long gun in your vehicle (buggy) as long as it was not one of the "Winchester" rapid fire rifles. What they intended was single shot rifles only. If you had a handgun, there was no uniform directions how they could be carried. But they finally went to state preemption of all firearms laws, mandatory shall issue. Long guns have to be cased in a vehicle on public roads,okay on private property. I always got a chuckle way back when they considered "Winchester" type rifles the way some look at the black rifles today. As far as handguns, if it is concealed on your person, as long as you have a carry permit or license no problem, as long as it is concealed. Otherwise it has to be encased, which is defined as in the glove box, center consule, in a holster with a safety retention strap, regular pisol case, paper bag, or just about any other enclosing device, just out of sight. No need to tell anyone you have it in the vehicle with you. One state senator at the time this was passed, explained the purpose of this law was to allow the law abiding citizens to be able to protect themselves and their passengers from "the scum sucking S.O.B.'s who want to rob or harm the citizens of this state." The carry law also says citizens acting lawfully are not to be harrassed or hassled when lawful carrying their arms. Good Law and ATB
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

I carried a 16 four years day in and day out with 240 rounds whole in USAF. I have no interest in owning one. I'll stick with my cowboy assault rifles instead. If bad times and I need an EBR I'll see about picking one up from the enemy.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:D
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

DBW wrote:I carried a 16 four years day in and day out with 240 rounds whole in USAF. I have no interest in owning one. I'll stick with my cowboy assault rifles instead. If bad times and I need an EBR I'll see about picking one up from the enemy.
I understand exactly what you're saying. I completely avoided them for 40 years because of the bad memories until I broke down and got my 16" RRA middy in 2006 which doesn't look anything like my old M16A1. Then I got my 20" A4 (flat top) in 2008 when I decided that shooting precision at 300+ yds was beyond the capabilities of my carbine.
Steve
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Got it covered either way! :D
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Arkansas Bob wrote:My kid is wanting one of those M4's. I might get one if I can find one with American Walnut stocks. Anyone seen something like that.
Not mine but I'd love to have a set for my A4!

Steve
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

OW... Brain... Hurt... no no no no wrong wrong wrong

aaaaiiiieeeeeeee! :shock:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Thu May 01, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:D
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Cliff, I had a Palm Beach County carry prmit in the 1960's until I moved to Tennessee. The permit was a full sheet of pper and had to be folded to carry in my bilfold.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Arkansas Bob,
Now that's a real beauty :mrgreen:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry