Lever Action 22's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Lever Action 22's

Post by rjohns94 »

i like the old marlins
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

I bought a grade 1 Browning BL22 back in march , the action is so slick and smooth it's unreal , very accurate 3/4" groups at 50 yards over a bench and sunday just gone I was hitting 2" disks at 100 yards every shot and with THE WORST TRIGGER I HAVE EVER HAD ON ANY RIFLE I'VE EVER OWNED , Its gotta pull 8 pounds . Despite this I am very very happy with my Browning .

Put nearly 500 rounds through it now and the trigger is not smoothing up , definatly off to the gunsmith next pay for a trigger job . Why a manufacturer would put out such a fine firearm with such a horrible trigger is beyond me .

regards Jacko
GabbyHaze

Post by GabbyHaze »

Jacko wrote:I bought a grade 1 Browning BL22 back in march , the action is so slick and smooth it's unreal , very accurate 3/4" groups at 50 yards over a bench and sunday just gone I was hitting 2" disks at 100 yards every shot and with THE WORST TRIGGER I HAVE EVER HAD ON ANY RIFLE I'VE EVER OWNED , Its gotta pull 8 pounds . Despite this I am very very happy with my Browning .

Put nearly 500 rounds through it now and the trigger is not smoothing up , definatly off to the gunsmith next pay for a trigger job . Why a manufacturer would put out such a fine firearm with such a horrible trigger is beyond me .

regards Jacko
That's good to know as I shoot praire dogs out pass 100 yards with a 22. My gun smith could take care of the trigger.

JT
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

yes but then it wouldn't be new any more.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

I recently got a Marlin 39A to add to my Browning and Winchester 22's, if I could only keep one it would be the Marlin hands down :!:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
GabbyHaze

Post by GabbyHaze »

Borregos wrote:I recently got a Marlin 39A to add to my Browning and Winchester 22's, if I could only keep one it would be the Marlin hands down :!:
Can we have some examples as to why? 8)

JT
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

GabbyHaze wrote:
Borregos wrote:I recently got a Marlin 39A to add to my Browning and Winchester 22's, if I could only keep one it would be the Marlin hands down :!:
Can we have some examples as to why? 8)

JT

This is easy. The Marlin is a full size RIFLE and the Browning is a CARBINE. The pistol grip on the Marlin is a plus also.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I think it really comes down to personal preference. I have owned three Marlin 39's and still own a 39M LTD with an octagonal barrel. But I also have a Browning Grade II BL22 and a Winchester 94/22 mag.

For me the Marlin is the least favorite, mostly because that little BL22 is so wonderful to carry and the action is so slick, and it's just as accurate, if not more accurate then the Marlin. I used to own a long barreled 39A but it was just too heavy for my tastes, although I did win a few trophys, shooting NRA 22 rifle silhouette matches with it, even against people with high dollar 22 single shot boltaction target rifles.

And the Winchester 94/22 mag, I love it, and I am almost tempted to get a 22 long rifle version, but it's hard to justify getting another 22 leveraction.
NRA Life Member, Patron
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Lastmohecken wrote: And the Winchester 94/22 mag, I love it, and I am almost tempted to get a 22 long rifle version, but it's hard to justify getting another 22 leveraction.
Fella's - I really think we need to form an Intervention Team for worrisome comments like these...

'...Justify...?'
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

i'm a winchester guy, but you can't buy a new one. as new maybe.
the new marlins have those awful rebounding hammer/cross bolt safety things :twisted:
taurus is not good enough[not my opinion/never had one].
ruger not made any more.
so you are down to browning$$$
or henry[maybe golden boy?].
or not new,

i would pick not new.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

My BL22 is by far my favorite rimfire rifle and - one of us got a different rifle I guess, since mine has a light trigger and is very accurate - out to 100 yards - for me - that's what my shooting range is.

I put a Williams FPGR aperture rear sight and removed the aperture to make it a ghost ring sight - it attaches to the grooves most rimfire rifles have for the "tip-off" scopes - and adjustments are very precise -

It required a little taller front sight - XS 0.5" tall - but that was easy gun smithing even I could do -

Works for me -

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Heres my favorite 22 lever a Uberti 73 carbine.These are hard to find but Uberti still makes the 66 in 22lr