Portland Oregon gun shops

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Portland Oregon gun shops

Post by big bear »

I'm going to a meeting in Portland,Oregon next month and would like to buy the new Hornady and Lyman reloading manuals. Anyone with recommendations of gun stores to visit? I will have a car but don't want to drive too far ( don't want to miss any of the conference or tic off the wife with time away from important holiday stuff :( thanks for any and all tips!
Last edited by big bear on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Portland Oregon gun shops

Post by Pathfinder09 »

Where is your meeting. Most of the gunshops are in the surrounding area. There is a Sportsmans Wearhouse off of I-205 in Clackamas. Johnson Creek road and 82nd ave they have the reloading manuals. The Gun Room on Foster Rd. but he is pretty high priced. There is also Keith's out in Gresham, or the Gun Broiker in Clackams also.but they do not carry relaoding manuals. I'll think on it ands see if I can't come up with another one.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

fishermans marine in delta park.
also, there will be a gun show at the expo center july 24,25,26.
really need to know when and where you are going to be,
portland metro covers a lot of ground.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Cruise
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cruise »

Northwest Armory on 99E S of PDX town.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

Meeting is Aug12-16, we'll be at the downtown mariott, I'll have the use of wife's car when she's not using it.Thanks for the leads so far.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Gun Broker in Tigard or Clackamas are both best choices, and both a fair drive from downtown (but worth it!). If you need some direction getting around let me know and I'll try to assist.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

If you're looking for reloading manuals you'll have to hit Sportsman's Warehouse. The Gunbrokers won't have any, but will have some great firearms.

If you want some "vintage" firearm & reloading books, then go up the street to Powell's Book Store. It takes up several blocks.... W. BURNSIDE & NW 9th. If you're staying at the Front St Marrriott it's about a 20 block walk or quick taxi. If you're at the Broadway Marriott it's about 7 blocks.

http://www.powells.com/info/places/burn ... 20Burnside

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

Thanks alot, really looking forward to the meeting now. Any good places to eat? seafood, barbecue,Southern cooking. Thanks a bunch!!!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Oregon is known for its microbreweries. :wink: Downtown you have Deschutes, Rogue, & Bridgeport. 10 minute taxi drive away is Widmer.

Downtown there are many quality ($$$) restaurants...Higgins, Pazzo, Park Kitchen, Jakes, Silk,etc. Go on-line and check out their menus. Just avoid anything related to or named McMenamins....poor service & real poor food.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

The Gun Room was already mentioned, but they have a lot of nice guns to fondle. Their prices are out of line, but if you just want to look, it is a fun place. The guns are out on racks so you can access any of them. I was there last January and saw some nice 92's and some octagon barrelled 94 rifles.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

O.K., maybe I just might sneak out of some of the meeting sessions. thanks for giving me directions to temptations :D