Peep sight for Browning 53

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Peep sight for Browning 53

Post by TX50Cal »

Anybody know of a good peep sight that would go on a Browning 53? Something that would go along with the lines of the rifle. Thanks for any info.
Dave in TX
MA1 USN (Retired)
Freedom is never really free, payments come due in every generation.
SFRanger7GP

Re: Peep sight for Browning 53

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I put a Marble's tang sight in mine. It works and looks real good. I'll post a picture after while.

Larry
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

If the Browning has to be D/T'd for the peep, I'd rather have the top rails done ILO the smooth sides of the action.

The Browning 53 is basically a Model 92, and this is a Model 92 with a Williams top-mount peep, meant for the Win 94 angle-eject (5D-94AE or FP-94AE), installed ILO the side mount.

If the Browning's already D/T'd by the factory for a side peep, the 5D-94 or FP-94 will fit, and the sight's finish will almost match the rifle's.

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have tha Marbles tang sight on mine also. One hole has to be drilled and tapped to 10-32 IIRC. Not a big deal and a fine application on this little rifle. :D