Whatcha think about this deal?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Whatcha think about this deal?

Post by TedH »

A friend at work traded into a very nice Ruger Single Six Convertible. He's not a big fan of single actions, and I am working to put more of them in my safe. But not having the extra cash right now I am considering a trade that he said he would go for.

The Single Six is LNIB with both the 22 and the 22 mag cylinders, box and papers too.
My trade would be a mid 90's Glock 19 that I bought from a Pawn Shop a couple years ago for $300.

I think the Glock is prolly worth a little more, never mind what I paid for it??? I really like the Single Six, and have already been toying with the idea of trading off the G19 for a Glock 36 45 auto for my primary carry piece.

What say you?
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Whatcha think about this deal?

Post by Blaine »

If you could trade even for a 36, that's the best value, but having said that, and owning a SingleSix and a 36, I use the Single Six about a hundred times more than anyother handgun :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm gonna be straight with you. No Glock is worth a Single-Six, two Glocks, maybe, but never a single Glock....

:wink: :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What are you waiting for - jump on it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

TRADE NOW!
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hobie wrote:I'm gonna be straight with you. No Glock is worth a Single-Six, two Glocks, maybe, but never a single Glock....

:wink: :lol:
Ditto: might not even have to be a Single-Six... maybe any SA.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

DO IT!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Hmmmm, I expected as much from this group. :lol:

Wonder what kind of answer I would get if I posed the same question on the Glock forum. :wink:
NRA Life Member
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

TedH wrote:Hmmmm, I expected as much from this group. :lol:

Wonder what kind of answer I would get if I posed the same question on the Glock forum. :wink:
:lol:

I would make that trade, if it were me. I would love to have a Single Six to compliment my .45 BH.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Ted - New Model Single-Six convertibles are worth $375 all day, used & in the condition stated, with unmolested OM's worth almost a C-note more (regardless of how much they can be sometimes found for).

So, market value wise, they're about equal.

The question for YOU, IMHO, is:
Does that particular Ruger fill a need/want or collection space - or are you better off with the plastic-fantastic Glock for CCW or HD ?

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Pete44ru wrote:
Does that particular Ruger fill a need/want or collection space - or are you better off with the plastic-fantastic Glock for CCW or HD ?

The Ruger would fill a need/want.

#1, I am currently without ANY 22 rimfire handgun.
#2, It would make a perfect combo with my Henry 22.
#3, I wouldn't be loosing any money on the trade.

I still want to get a G36 for my main CCW and night stand gun. I told my wife when I bought that 357 Blackhawk last month that if it shot well, I would sell my Taurus 357. The Blackhawk seems to be a shooter, so I may use the Taurus 357 as a partial trade on the G36. Not exactly what she had in mind, but if I just tell her I DID get rid of it, maybe she won't ask any questions. :D
NRA Life Member
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Like I've said on the forum before, when I trade something it is most likely not based on the value of what I'm trading or trading for but on whether or not I want it. The purpose of a trade is to fulfill the needs/wants of the trader and tradee.

I'd trade the Glock for the Single Six in a New York minute. You want a .22 and he apparently wants a Glock. Go for it!!!!!
ED
Yer never too old
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

TedH wrote:The Blackhawk seems to be a shooter, so I may use the Taurus 357 as a partial trade on the G36. Not exactly what she had in mind, but if I just tell her I DID get rid of it, maybe she won't ask any questions. :D
Personally, I'd make the trade (Glock for Single Six), and keep the Taurus 357 as the night-stand gun. You have your Blackhawk you like better as a 'shooter' and for the night-stand gun you don't need a tack-driver. Besides, a .357 is far better in my opinion than a Glock as a night-stand gun anyway, AND you'd be keeping your ammo supply simpler - using .357's for BOTH your 'shooter' and your 'night-stand' guns.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

The Taurus is a 6" barrel with a full underlug. Fine for a nightstand gun, but less than ideal for my CCW. Keeping the ammo simple is not an issue either, as I already have another 45 acp in a full size 1911. Again, a good night stand gun but not CCW. I'm going to take the Taurus to the shop today and see what they'll give me towards a G36. If their offer is not to my liking, I'll post it for sale here.
NRA Life Member
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Just got back from the gun shop. I should've known better than try to trade the Taurus in to them. They would only give me $185 towards the G36. I told them I couldn't do that. Then, to make things worse, I tell my wife about wanting to sell the Taurus 357 and she says, "You better not! That's the only one I like shooting!" This coming from the woman that hasn't gone shooting with me in at least 10 years. :roll: I guess I'll be without a Glock for my CCW till I can buy the G36 outright. That's alright though, I can put the PPK back into service for a while.
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pete44ru wrote:Ted - New Model Single-Six convertibles are worth $375 all day, used & in the condition stated, with unmolested OM's worth almost a C-note more (regardless of how much they can be sometimes found for).

So, market value wise, they're about equal.

I'm lucky - got my "unmolested OM" with the original box, spare cylinder, cylinder bag and original owner's manual for $250... almost 20 years ago! :wink:

Do it! :D
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

TedH wrote:
Pete44ru wrote:

The Ruger would fill a need/want.

#1, I am currently without ANY 22 rimfire handgun.
#2, It would make a perfect combo with my Henry 22.
#3, I wouldn't be loosing any money on the trade.

I still want to get a G36 for my main CCW and night stand gun. I told my wife when I bought that 357 Blackhawk last month that if it shot well, I would sell my Taurus 357. The Blackhawk seems to be a shooter, so I may use the Taurus 357 as a partial trade on the G36. Not exactly what she had in mind, but if I just tell her I DID get rid of it, maybe she won't ask any questions. :D

Bad mistake! never tell those Females how many Guns you own.

When it comes to your Guns, treat them as mushrooms.(keep them in the dark and feed them B.S.) :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30