I wish they made....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

I wish they made....

Post by Bigahh »

Wonder if the gun makers pop in on us. If so I would like to put in a good word to Browning. I would love to see a BLR with a Heavy 20" barrel, and while I am begging I wish someone made an after market trigger for the same rifle. Anybody else have wants?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: I wish they made....

Post by Blaine »

I'd really like them to do the trigger RIGHT the first time... :evil: Savage does not seem to have any problem doing so...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I'm easy. How about a lefthanded levergun. And, a .22 rf levergun that loads through a side loading gate like the centerfires. I'd take the .22 even with righthanded ejection, but since they haven't tooled up yet, how about a lefthanded one as well.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

A model 92 in 32 H&R or 327 Federal

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

jeepnik wrote:I'm easy. How about a lefthanded levergun. And, a .22 rf levergun that loads through a side loading gate like the centerfires. I'd take the .22 even with righthanded ejection, but since they haven't tooled up yet, how about a lefthanded one as well.
GO BACK AND CHECK THE HISTORY OF THE MARLIN 22 LEVERGUNS. YOU'LL FIND THE FIRST ONES HAD THE KINGS STYLE LOADING GATE. IT DID NOT WORK FOR SOUR OWL SWEAT AS THE 22LR CARTRIDGES ARE NOT AS INTEGRALLY SOLID AS A CENTERFIRE CARTRIDGE AND LOADING THEM THROUGH A GATE BENT THE DICKENS OUT OF 'EM. THIS REALLY SCREWED UP THEIR ACCURACY POTENTIAL WHICH WAS NOT HELPFUL ATALL IN A SMALL GAME RIFLE. OTHER THAN THAT IT WORKED PERFECTLY AND IS A HELL OF A FINE IDEA.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A lever action rifle in .460 S&W that didn't have to be light-loaded (i.e. like some say the .454 Puma's have to be).

OR an upwards-compatible .44 high powered round which unlike the .444 Marlin, allowed the shorter .44 Magnums to be fired in it if needed.

A Ruger 96/454 Casull to go with my Ruger 96/44.

Bolt Gun: A Ruger 77/454 Casull to go with the Ruger 77/44 I want to get.

A Ruger No.1 in .444 Marlin.

(...I like Rugers... 8) )
Last edited by AJMD429 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A Winchester Mdl 94 TD "rifle" with top ejection, and four barrel sets: .25-35, .30-30, .32-40 & .38-55! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Terry Murbach wrote:
jeepnik wrote:I'm easy. How about a lefthanded levergun. And, a .22 rf levergun that loads through a side loading gate like the centerfires. I'd take the .22 even with righthanded ejection, but since they haven't tooled up yet, how about a lefthanded one as well.
GO BACK AND CHECK THE HISTORY OF THE MARLIN 22 LEVERGUNS. YOU'LL FIND THE FIRST ONES HAD THE KINGS STYLE LOADING GATE. IT DID NOT WORK FOR SOUR OWL SWEAT AS THE 22LR CARTRIDGES ARE NOT AS INTEGRALLY SOLID AS A CENTERFIRE CARTRIDGE AND LOADING THEM THROUGH A GATE BENT THE DICKENS OUT OF 'EM. THIS REALLY SCREWED UP THEIR ACCURACY POTENTIAL WHICH WAS NOT HELPFUL ATALL IN A SMALL GAME RIFLE. OTHER THAN THAT IT WORKED PERFECTLY AND IS A HELL OF A FINE IDEA.
I'm aware of the older ones with loading gates. I wasn't aware of the problems associated with side loading. But, this is 2009, I think some smart fellow could figure out a way to make it work. If Bill were still here, he probably could. But the the lawyers would get involved and ruin a perfectly good idea.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Griff wrote:A Winchester Mdl 94 TD "rifle" with top ejection, and four barrel sets: .25-35, .30-30, .32-40 & .38-55! :twisted:
I think I could find room in my safe for one of those myself!
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

jeepnik -

Find yerself a top eject lever action rifle and you've got a left-handed lever action rifle.
ED
Yer never too old
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Modoc ED wrote:jeepnik -

Find yerself a top eject lever action rifle and you've got a left-handed lever action rifle.
No, it's still a righthanded gun. The loading gate is on the wrong side. And don't bring up the odd balls that load thru the buttstock, or front end of the magazine tube. I'm wanting a left ejecting, left loading levergun. Hey, they ask what I want, and that's it. I can't help it if most of you aren't in your "right" minds.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

how about a Win. 95?
Top loading, top ejecting.

Gotta be tough to be a Southpaw. My Sister is. She shoots right handed but uses her left eye. Darned good too but it sure looks akward.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

BlaineG wrote:I'd really like them to do the trigger RIGHT the first time... :evil: Savage does not seem to have any problem doing so...
+1! They need to bring back the curved grip, lightweight short action with the carbine barrel. The last .30-06 BLR I had was awkward as hell.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

jeepnik wrote:And, a .22 rf levergun that loads through a side loading gate like the centerfires.
DITTO! I've always wanted to see that!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Griff wrote:A Winchester Mdl 94 TD "rifle" with top ejection, and four barrel sets: .25-35, .30-30, .32-40 & .38-55! :twisted:
I'd buy that! Plus, it should have a big bore chambering, too!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I wish they made the Savage 99 in .358 Winchester again. I wish Ruger made the NM FT in .45 Colt with a .45 ACP cylinder (4-5/8" barrel). I wish there were honest politicians who stood for our rights...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

factory loaded ammo in .356wcf. as cheap and as easy to find as the 30wcf. :(
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

-U.S. made 1895 Win., barrel made of Chrome Moly steel or 1886 Win. with Octagon barrel made in same place/stuff. Caliber I would have to chomp on but probably 30-06 and 45-70 respectively.

-U.S. made 1851 Navy, 1858 Rem. or 1860 Army

-an affordable, U.S. made Double Barrel with double triggers, akin to the Remington 1900 and done in that turn of the century style(splinter forend, round pistol grip).

Yep I'm a pretty strange bird with my mind stuck in a different era.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I wish they made a replica of a Remington Keene sporting rifle.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Marlin 1894 in .327 magnum and a Ruger birdshead grip Single-Six in the same caliber. While I'm wishing,Colt could do another run of New Frontiers in .44 Special... Please? :(
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

That's allright Chris, I still like you.
How goes the battle?
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

jeepnik wrote:
Terry Murbach wrote:
I'm aware of the older ones with loading gates. I wasn't aware of the problems associated with side loading. But, this is 2009, I think some smart fellow could figure out a way to make it work. If Bill were still here, he probably could. But the the lawyers would get involved and ruin a perfectly good idea.
Why not a sliding loading gate? You don't get the damage from overcoming the spring and convenient access for loading.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

mescalero1 wrote:That's allright Chris, I still like you.
How goes the battle?

Forty one pounds so far(but I just pigged on Chinese, so I'll let you know in the morning!) :lol: I am lucky to have a couple of friends left to keep me straight, and hope to buy you a Cheeseburger and put some rounds downrange with you someday Mescalero. Many thanks to you.

How about a US made 1841 "Mississippi" Rifle in the original patched round ball 54 cal. configuration? One of the prettiest guns of the Mexican and Civil War, and a dandy Deer/Elk rig as well. Wish someone here recreated these the same way Shiloh recreates the Sharps.
Last edited by C. Cash on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Have you ever been to the Alamo?
Be prepared, something in there makes your eyes water.
Lot of those type of guns on display.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

mescalero1 wrote:Have you ever been to the Alamo?
Be prepared, something in there makes your eyes water.
Lot of those type of guns on display.
Not yet, but I can't wait to get there!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Well, like I said; be prepared.
Those men, we can NEVER repay them.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

here you go,
win94_5bbl.jpg
you missed 32 spec.

may be a little pricey.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

New, affordable Volcanic pistol made in various calibers...
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Hobie, I have a Savage 99 in .358 Win.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

jeepnik wrote:

No, it's still a righthanded gun. The loading gate is on the wrong side. And don't bring up the odd balls that load thru the buttstock, or front end of the magazine tube. I'm wanting a left ejecting, left loading levergun. Hey, they ask what I want, and that's it. I can't help it if most of you aren't in your "right" minds.
Hmm. I've been a lefty for 50 odd years and have shot levers for about 43 of those :D Always thought of levers as a left handed gun, the same as single action revolvers. I really don't care what direction the case ejects as long as they get out of my way. When I want to top off the magazine I continue holding the wrist of the rifle and thumb shells in with my right hand.

Same way with a Single Action, I continue to hold the pistol in my left hand, index with my left forefinger and thumb shells in with my right hand.

Guess I've done it this way so long I never thought twice about it!

"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

2X22 wrote:
jeepnik wrote:

Hmm. I've been a lefty for 50 odd years and have shot levers for about 43 of those :D Always thought of levers as a left handed gun, the same as single action revolvers. I really don't care what direction the case ejects as long as they get out of my way. When I want to top off the magazine I continue holding the wrist of the rifle and thumb shells in with my right hand.

Same way with a Single Action, I continue to hold the pistol in my left hand, index with my left forefinger and thumb shells in with my right hand.

Guess I've done it this way so long I never thought twice about it!

Yep, single actions are great for southpaws. Lever work well, but it still want one that loads and ejects on the left.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Semi-auto carbines chambered in .35 rem, .30 rem and other rounds in that family. Deer capable fun guns.

I wonder if the mini-14 could accommodate such chamberings.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

They'd need to back a bigger action; something like a mid-14. .....and I want one!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

"Guild" Drillings (gunstore/rack quality & price) in modern caliber/gauge combos & modern metals...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I think I would like to see a Winchester Model 70, righthanded bolt action, with a lefthanded wing safety, with a full length Manlicher stock, express iron sights, 19 inch barrel, in .308 Win, and a spare just like it in .350 Remington Mag.
NRA Life Member, Patron
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

A modern bolt action in 45-70 some thing like a Savage 110 with the new acutriger with iron sites D&T'ed for scope. and a tang site. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Hobie wrote:I wish they made the Savage 99 in .358 Winchester again. I wish Ruger made the NM FT in .45 Colt with a .45 ACP cylinder (4-5/8" barrel). I wish there were honest politicians who stood for our rights...
You just keep walking the streets with a lantern Hobie, you might find an honest politician if your lucky, I have not been lucky enough to find one and time is running out.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

the telegraphist wrote:
Hobie wrote:I wish they made the Savage 99 in .358 Winchester again. I wish Ruger made the NM FT in .45 Colt with a .45 ACP cylinder (4-5/8" barrel). I wish there were honest politicians who stood for our rights...
You just keep walking the streets with a lantern Hobie, you might find an honest politician if your lucky, I have not been lucky enough to find one and time is running out.
I'll do that. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I could be tempted by a long barreled 1886 in .358, with the soft tip bullets from Hornady, or with simple flat nosed bullets.

A new 99 in .300 Sav with a rotary magazine would be of some interest as well.
kemosabi45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kemosabi45 »

A Browning BLR in 375 Ruger so that you can take it to Africa as a minimum caliper big game rifle and it still be a lever gun (the power of a 375 H&H in a lever gun).

A 20ga Lever Action Shotgun.
375hh1973
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 375hh1973 »

Wow, a .375ruger BLR! Would have to have it in stainless/mossy oak brush to go with the .308 I just picked up!!!
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Oh man...that's easy...

A Ruger #1 in 6.5 Swede and 300 H&H...
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.