Need to quit gun trading

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Need to quit gun trading

Post by TX50Cal »

I might as well give up now. I don't think I can ever beat the trade I just made. Bought a Dan Wesson 8" .357 a couple of weeks ago ($292 OTD)and just traded it for an unfired Cimmaron (Uberti) 1873 rifle .45 Colt w/24" bbl. Gun has a few safe dings on it but has not been fired. Yep, I might as well quit while I'm ahead:)
Dave in TX
MA1 USN (Retired)
Freedom is never really free, payments come due in every generation.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Need to quit gun trading

Post by Grizz »

hey, if you're on a roll you might want to see if there's a trend, the trend is your friend

Grizz
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thats a beautiful thing, or two things, the deal and the rifle!!! :mrgreen:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Great trade! Now - quit tradin' - just acquire, unless you are one of those folks who has more gun safes than t-shirts!

Every time I think about a gun that I carefully considered before buying, bought the thing, and then either traded it or sold it, it makes my insides churn. And it never goes away! For instance:
* A WWII British .455 Webley, purchased for almost nothing at a Monterey, CA pawn shop when I was training to go overseas during the Viet Nam era;

* An Astra 9mm pistol that shot a variety of cartridges, not just the standard parabellum - and it was accurate, also acquired in the 60's in the same town;

* A beautiful new Marlin .44 Mag levergun (nothing fancy, but cheap) purchased at one of the Big 5 sales (and within a year I purchased a .45-70 Marlin which I will never let go of);

* A Beretta Puma .32 auto. Fairly useless caliber, but what a beautiful gun!

* Two derringers - one of those flat, sleek little 22 mag jobs (Hi-Standard??) and a cowboy type traditional model in .38 Special

* A GI .30 caliber carbine in NRA VG or Excellent condition, purchased from the NRA under special agreement with peace officers, for under $100 as I recall, now worth around $700 or more; and

* An M1 Garand .30-06, purchased after I attended an NRA match under the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) many years ago, sold so that I could purchase a portable computer that I could have saved up for. Its condition was also VG or better; much better than the one I have now.

There were more. Never again!

As a certifiably old geezer, now, I implore y'all from wisdom gained through stupid choices to hold on to your guns. If you don't need them for hunting, they are still a joy to shoot and putter around with, and they aren't getting any cheaper!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ya done good.... :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Yea! No don't quit while you're ahead! Ride that pony until it drops! Nice trade!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

marlinman93 wrote:Yea! No don't quit while you're ahead! Ride that pony until it drops! Nice trade!

learn from the master.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sweet! :mrgreen:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That was one heck of a deal! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member