Mall Ninja part 2

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Mall Ninja part 2

Post by Streetstar »

a week or so ago i posted a thread about my new AR -- to refresh, it looked like this originally -- all it really needed was a small optical device, maybe a C-More, Holosight, or a conventional 2-7 x 32,

I then totally spazzed out at my local "Tac store" and my once lightweight svelte little carbine has turned into this :lol: I guess all it needs now is a 3 cell maglight affixed to the side and some kind of laser on it somewhere :lol: Funny how quickly it took to turn this conservative thinking levergun guy into a credit card wielding mall ninja :shock: :lol:

But seriously --- i think the thing is done, so i will now hustle on to the range and see what a civilian AR will put down on paper. I have XM 193, Rem. UMC, Winchester White Box, and Prvi Partizan all loaded into separate magazines so i can see what factory load works the best. Range results will be posted as soon as i can

----- Doug
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Mall Ninja part 2

Post by JReed »

Looks like you made your self a nice walking varminter. I look forward to the range report.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Don't expect spectacular results with those ammo choices. They should be reasonably accurate, but not match-level by any stretch. Not that there is anything wrong with it either.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Bear 45/70

Post by Bear 45/70 »

You have a long way to go before you can call that thing tricked out. :lol:

nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

The only thing left to do now is to stealth-out (camo) that all black silhouette! Oh and by the way, you can't just stick a Mag-Lite on there it, it has to be a $300 Streamlight!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Streetstar wrote: I guess all it needs now is a 3 cell maglight affixed to the side and some kind of laser on it somewhere :lol:
Don't laugh. My AR became far more PRACTICAL (not necessarily synonymous with 'tactical') when we added the flashlight and laser. You can try shooting feral dogs or coyotes just after dark with a 'conventional' setup all you want, but with the 3 watt LED light and a laser, you can actually SEE what you're supposed to be shooting at, which seems to help quite a bit vs. just guessing.

If I could easily mount a light and laser on a .357 Mag Levergun, THAT would be my coyotes-at-night gun of choice, but since the AR already has all those rails and so on, it is easier to just fix one of them up. I just don't care for the loudness, muzzle flash, and flinging brass of the semiauto, but haven't [yet] figured how to make my little Puma .357 set up with a light and laser. Not 'traditional' but neither am I; a 'traditional' cowboy would probably be out all night prowling around to protect the livestock. I'd rather get it over quickly, and go inside to sleep! :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Otto wrote:Don't expect spectacular results with those ammo choices. They should be reasonably accurate, but not match-level by any stretch. Not that there is anything wrong with it either.
I'm not expecting match grade results -- i'll get into that when the factory stuff is all gone and its time to reload (when the price of small primers comes down, that is) ------- heck, its not a match grade rifle ---- i think the stuff is probably evenly matched to the rifle's capabilities. The stock trigger is mil-spec (heavy but reliable) and the barrel is as big around as my pinky ---- as JREEd said, it is a light "walking varmint" rifle.

I'm hoping it will keep 3 shots within 2" at 100, but we'll see
----- Doug
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Bear 45/70 wrote:You have a long way to go before you can call that thing tricked out. :lol:

I may have seen this one at the last gun show i went to ! --- love the key ring holder on the pistol grip.

In the real world, is it the G3 , Galil or Fal that has the beverage opener? I thought one actually did --- as glorified in the movie "Deal of the Century" with Chevy Chase
----- Doug
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

The bottle opener is on the G-3.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:The bottle opener is on the G-3.
I thought it was the Galil. I think it was actually something to do with opening ammo cans but got turned into a bottle opener?
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Bear 45/70 wrote:You have a long way to go before you can call that thing tricked out. :lol:

Is it just me or is he not looking through the scope?
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I'm going to say 1.5" with letting the barrel cool enough between shots. Try some Black Hills blue box through it, it'll make you happy!
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.