Relentless calls from the NRA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Relentless calls from the NRA

Post by Mike D. »

I have had it up to here from the incessant telephone calls from the NRA and it's political action subcommittees. Not a day goes by that these vultures don't call and ask for more money. Enough is enough! Attempting to tell them that you donate when you can falls on deaf ears and they simply refuse to take NO for an answer. I gave the last caller, the third in two days, a piece of my mind, and I am about darned ready to resign my Life membership. I am well aware of all of this "impending doom and gloom", so it's not really necessary for them to whine about the "gun grabbers". What they really want is for me to sign over my meager pension check and live on fried ice and wind pudding. I got news for 'em, it ain't gonna happen. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Relentless calls from the NRA

Post by Old Ironsights »

Welcome to the Frenchman's NRA...

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-40.html
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

MikeD,

I know its getting a little ridiculous with all their calls!
I had the same problem but 3 fold,because of me/my wife/my daughter all are members.
We were each getting phone calls like every other
day.If fact because I switched magazines, we were getting two 1st freedoms they even had me down twice and thought there were two of the same names in my house wanting dues for the second imaginary person???????????????

Anyway what I did is call headquaters and ask to talk to the management director of member renewal/recruitment duties.
After about 5 mins a pleasant gentlemen got on the phone and
I explained the problems I was having and said if they dont fix it
my whole family will stop being members as well as us no longer
telling people they should belong to the NRA.
Quess What---No more Calls/Nothing
I really think we must have the NRA(without them were screwed)
and I am so glad they fixed it.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I must be doing something wrong, I have been a Life Member for over 30 years and have NEVER had a phone call IIRC. :?: I also get maybe 4-6 mailings a year.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The mail goes in the trash unopened, and I can hang up on a telephone whiner in about as long as it takes to say No Thanks, Sir/Maam. Cold calls suck as a way to earn a living, I don't mind. After all: WE CAN DO IT :!: :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

They must already know I've got no money, as I've never received one call from them. :D
NRA Life Member
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

Same here. I have been a member for years and am a life member and have never received as much as one phone call. If they call me it would not bother me because I believe very deeply in the NRA. Just because they call you alot should not be a reason to not be a member if your a true believer. Just do like others have done and call the boss and just tell them to stop with call, and please do not cancel your membership we are all counting on each other.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Mike D. wrote:I have had it up to here from the incessant telephone calls from the NRA and it's political action subcommittees. Not a day goes by that these vultures don't call and ask for more money. Enough is enough! Attempting to tell them that you donate when you can falls on deaf ears and they simply refuse to take NO for an answer. I gave the last caller, the third in two days, a piece of my mind, and I am about darned ready to resign my Life membership. I am well aware of all of this "impending doom and gloom", so it's not really necessary for them to whine about the "gun grabbers". What they really want is for me to sign over my meager pension check and live on fried ice and wind pudding. I got news for 'em, it ain't gonna happen. :x
I posted on this not long ago Mike. I called them and threatened to cancell my membership if I got any more calls or mailings. Since then, I've not received any calls or mailings. I further told them that there was still a grudge against them here in CA as the NRA did nothing -- absolutely nothing -- to fight against the CA lead ban.
ED
Yer never too old
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

In this day & age you might try telling them you're collecting unemployment compensation... Another strategy that I use with telemarketers is to answer with "Hola Si? " They'll start their spiel in English but a couple of "No Suave" thrown in usually shuts them down...Unless they speak Spanish you'll never hear from that telemarketer again....
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jnyork wrote:I must be doing something wrong, I have been a Life Member for over 30 years and have NEVER had a phone call IIRC. :?: I also get maybe 4-6 mailings a year.
Another'n here.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I bought a 5 year membership for my wife----85 dollars, pretty reasonable. I was working nights, and every night someone called her and begged for money. When the 5 years ran out, she warned me ---"Never Again" don't sign me up any more.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

TedH wrote:They must already know I've got no money, as I've never received one call from them. :D
I resemble that remark! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Modoc ED wrote:
Mike D. wrote:I have had it up to here from the incessant telephone calls from the NRA and it's political action subcommittees. Not a day goes by that these vultures don't call and ask for more money. Enough is enough! Attempting to tell them that you donate when you can falls on deaf ears and they simply refuse to take NO for an answer. I gave the last caller, the third in two days, a piece of my mind, and I am about darned ready to resign my Life membership. I am well aware of all of this "impending doom and gloom", so it's not really necessary for them to whine about the "gun grabbers". What they really want is for me to sign over my meager pension check and live on fried ice and wind pudding. I got news for 'em, it ain't gonna happen. :x
I posted on this not long ago Mike. I called them and threatened to cancell my membership if I got any more calls or mailings. Since then, I've not received any calls or mailings. I further told them that there was still a grudge against them here in CA as the NRA did nothing -- absolutely nothing -- to fight against the CA lead ban.
Ed, I'm still steamed about their gutless refusal to stand up to CA politicos. The NRA is a near worthless organization with no "bite" in Washington because their teeth have been removed. Sad, but they are reduced to a bunch of money grubbers who feed on our hard earned dollars. Do you think that they will push back at Obama's soon to be enacted gun bans? If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
jp
Levergunner

Post by jp »

I went about 20 yrs. and never got a call. That changed when I donated 500 dollars to one of those crises they come up with. Katy bar the door, I was inundated for about six months,I mean 3 or 4 calls a day. Mail box was hit too. I finally told them to cancel my membership and why I was doing it. The calls stopped but my mail box was now full of letters wanting to renew. :x
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Maybe that's what that "free" membership drive was all about that a couple of us posted the link to.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

Mike
You know that if they find out you have rice to eat they will be calling again to get that. Your pension check isn't enough.
As to the NRA standing up to BO only if they are using the same toilet other wise I think we are in for a really tough road with BO and his and his followers stupid ideas of what firearms control really means.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hobie wrote:
TedH wrote:They must already know I've got no money, as I've never received one call from them. :D
I resemble that remark! :lol:
+1 another! :shock: :(

I rarely ever answer the phone when I am home. It drives my wife nuts, but I am on the phone so much at work that I just don't want to talk to anyone over the phone when I am not working. I tell her this is why we have an answering machine. I never pick up on unlisted or private numbers. I know they are calling, but I'm not answering! :wink:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I find it particularly interesting that the PR firm of Ackerman-McQueen - of which the NRA is essentially a wholly owned subsidiary - doesn't mention the NRA anywhere on its website.. Not as a "client" not anything. Pretty odd for a company which has had a 20+ year "relationship" with the NRA... It leads to the supposition that Angus McQueen is embarrassed by those ties, and fears that any prominent mention of the relationship might hurt his agency's business.

And why is it that the Ackerman-McQueen shill LaPierre can continue as the REAL head of the NRA when he is unelected and unaccountable? Almost doesn't matter who the membership puts on/tries to put on the BoD, it's all the Frenchman's behind the scenes PR company game...

Things to Ponder...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

funny how the debate over gunrights, abortion, etc., never get settled. pro and con lobbies have made fourtunes feeding off of our fears. i'm getting a little tired of being played for a sucker by all of these organizations and the polictical parties. NO MORE MONEY, THAT'S IT! :x
DennisB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DennisB »

How about just asking them to put you on their “do not call’ list. Pretty simple really......

Dennis.
Senior Levergunner

Re: Must be my area code

Post by 2571 »

I don't understand the comment about about speaking Spanish. NRA calls here and begins their begging in the Spanish language.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

When I joined, I didn't put my phone number on the membership form. Haven't had a call yet.