Charles daly vs Rossi 1892 PACO?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nathanbowenarrow
Levergunner

Charles daly vs Rossi 1892 PACO?

Post by Nathanbowenarrow »

Hi,
I am considering buying a charles daly 1892 Take Down in .45 colt. I am wondering if the charles daly is considered to be as strong as the Rossi 1892?
Thanks
Nathan
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Charles daly vs Rossi 1892 PACO?

Post by Griff »

Nathan,
Welcome to the Forum. Obviously, I ain't Paco... but will share what little I know with ya. I'm not all that familiar with the Charles Daly '92 TD. IIRC, it is built (or was... it's hard to keep the players straight when they change so often), by Armi Sport. As I understand it they aren't as robust as the Rossi solid frame model. Whether that's by virtue of it being a TD vs. a Solid Frame, I just don't know... but it make sense to me.
Another forum member, Nate Kiowa Jones, has worked on all the '92 copies and probably knows the most about them. You can visit his site at Steve's Guns and contact him there; or, I'm sure he'll be along and answer your question.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Nathanbowenarrow
Levergunner

Post by Nathanbowenarrow »

Thanks Griff,
I apreciat your input, and anyone elses that will respond. Looking too buy my first 1892 and want it to be a good one. I am thinking of the 24" takedown and want to run 45 colt ammo up to hunt elk mule deer and?
Thanks
Nathan
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Nathan welcome to the forum.
If I was interested in any of the current model 92's I would not hesitate to call Steve's Guns. There seems to be many forum members who have purchased 92's from him who are extremely happy with there decision to do so.