Humor- I wouldn't have told this one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Humor- I wouldn't have told this one

Post by Rusty »

For race fans, this weekend they are holding the St.Pete Grand Prix in St.Petersburg, Fla. This morning I was listening as they interviewed Mayor Rick Baker on the radio. He was doing a bang up job of promoting the race and all the activities this weekend.
They asked him what he had been doing and he said they had invited him down to he race track and they were going to take him for a ride in a special car they have for promotions and such. It is a tandem seat open wheel race car. He said after he sat down in the car his head was sticking over the top of the roll bar by 4". The head of the safety team came running over and said wait a minute, wait a minute. This is a no go. we can't do it. You could tell by his voice that he was really dejected. He said you know I grew up in Indy and I used to think all the time when I was a kid how cool it would be to ride in one of those cars and now I had the chance and they couldn't do it. One of the officials said wait a minute Mr.Mayor, how about we take you for a ride in the pace car. The mayor says well, (obviously not real happy) OK. So they take him over to the pace car and put him in and in gets this little girl to take him for the ride. He said she took off in that pace car and was hitting 90 MPH most of the way around. He was thinking WOW this is something. Almost as good as the open car. Only when they got back to the start line did he realize that the "little girl" was DANICA PATRICK!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danica_Patrick
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.