POLITICS - How dumb is Hollyweird?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

POLITICS - How dumb is Hollyweird?

Post by Rusty »

I know something like this got started in adifferent thread but I couldn't resist and didn't want to hijack that thread.

Think about this, right now there is a writter's strike in progress. Hollyweird wanted to have an award ceremoney here in a few weeks but... no writters? Here's my rant: WHAT THE HECK DO YOU MEAN NO WRITTERS? THESE STUPID PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE COMMON SENSE TO BE ABLE TO STAND UP THERE AND SAY FOR THE BEST ACTOR AWARD WE HAVE THREE NAMES AND READ THEM, THEN OPEN AN ENVELOPE WITH THE WINNER'S NAME ON IT? THEY HAVE TO HAVE A WRITTER WRITE THEM SOMETHING CUTE TO SAY AS WELL?
THEY'RE TOO STUPID TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT AND YET EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT ABORTION, THE SECOND AMENDMENT, AND HUNGER IN DIRT WORLD COUNTRIES?
GIVE ME A BREAK!

We now return you to our regular show in progress.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

+1 :lol:
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

OK we all agree, what's you argument??
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm just sick of seeing these people treated like they have an IQ greater than their shoe size.

Rusty <><

homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Copy writers in advertising often make the biggest salaries. $250,000 is not uncommon for somebody to write dull ad copy for lazer printers, or taglines like "Where's the beef?"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote:I'm just sick of seeing these people treated like they have an IQ greater than their shoe size.

Rusty <><
Most of the hollyweird types must have small feet!!! Otherwise, you are being generous! :wink:
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Hollywerid

Post by model55 »

+2.Why these people become icons for our young is beyond me!Them and Sports figures who are still in the thug life!
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

model55, you hit the nail on the head. I can't see how this keeps happening, except for the money and the fake sportswriters! There are very few true sprotswriters left!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Come on now, somebody has to come up with these great ideas for shows and movies.

How about the remake of Ben-Hur as a comedy? "Benny-Hur" starring Adam Sandler? How about the new reality show "Food Court" where Judge Walpole settles all the arguments that come up for shoppers?

Could you think of this stuff?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Do you guys have any idea how hard and labor intensitive it is to keep all the Lies, Enviornmental Gorisims and Stalinist rhetoric even partially in sync?

Hollyweird writers deserve a medal...

I suggest a solid gold one, about the size of a 75lb dumbell plate, attached around the neck as they exit over SF bay somewhere...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

How dumb is Hollyweird?
Well, it's like this:

If genius was a 100 watt bulb

and intelligent was a 60 watt bulb

and mentally functional was a 20 watt bulb

and ignorant was a 7 watt bulb

and stupid was a tiny 2 watt bulb

then the best Hollyweird writers couldn't even glow in the dark .....

There hasn't been a genuinely new idea or thought in Hollywood for generations. All they do if figure out how to plagiarize old stuff to make it look new for the younger folks.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Also, it's a union thing.......the writer's are on strike. The lights, sound and stage won't get off the ground, either, out of respect for the picket line, betcha!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bramble
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bramble »

May I also add to the list Gun magazine writers who praise to the high heavens whatever product x y or z manufacturer has brought space in the rag they write for irrispective of its usefullness or otherwise.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Rusty, I was thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago. I have little patience for unions, and add to that the fact that they're a bunch of over-paid oxygen depleters, I have no sympathy for any of them.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Gee Bramble, you know now that you mention it I always did wonder why when you read an article in a magazine and it says cont. on page XX. You turn to page XX and right there before your eyes is an add for the very product said gun writer is writing about.

Rusty <><

hillclimber
Levergunner

Post by hillclimber »

They can't even figure out G and PG movies with family values, sell far better than their normal ones.