Calling all Boy Scouts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Calling all Boy Scouts

Post by Rusty »

After reading about he great customer service of the Henrys I was looking on the web site and they have a one hour TV show from RFD-TV on the Henry company.

One of the guns they highlight is a BSA commemorative. It looks like a must have for any Boy Scout.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Calling all Boy Scouts

Post by Sixgun »

Rusty,
It sure is nice to see someone promoting the Scouts. Its been years since I was in the Scouts. I do remember there was a rifle range at every summer camp and "Marksmanship" was the only merit badge I accomplished.

I often wondered how the Scouts are doing now and if they have digressed to "doily weaving".
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Well, Sixgun, the Boy Scouts are alive and well up this way.

In fact, we just got back from a benefit supper that my son's troop put on to benefit the
local heating assistance fund. The scouts did all of the planning, cooking, setting up and
taking down. 5 hours earned towards their community service merit badge.

They also do all of the usual summer and winter camping, bicycling, archery, shooting,
swimming, whittling, etc, etc.. Keeps 'em busy, out of trouble, and they learn a lot.

-Stretch
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Stretch,
Thank you! :D . The Scouts is a must for every American boy. Not only are valuable outdoor skills learned, morality, a skill that is lacking in schools, TV, and even some homes is still taught. I still use many of the skills I learned 40 years ago. (I need a refresher course on the morality thing :D )------------------------Sixgun
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Y2k "crosses over" from the Cub Scouts (as a Webelos II) to the Boy Scouts next weekend!!! :D :D :D
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I was thinking of you when I posted this Jay.

Go watch the video on the Henry Web site.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

"doily weaving" hmmm? i wonder if that is eagle required?
really there are three firearms related badges that i can
think of , rifle , shotgun , and black powder/muzzle loader.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I'm a Life Scout and OA myself. It's a great program.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote:I was thinking of you when I posted this Jay.

Go watch the video on the Henry Web site.
I did. Darn near died of dehydration (drooled myself to death!)! :wink:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My gun club's grounds, ranges included, have been closed to all members and their guests since Friday, so the Boy Scouts could have a three-day campout on our property - complete with firearms orientation classes in the clubhouse, of course ! ;)

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I'm a scouter (an adult leader) and both of my boys are Eagle Scouts. Further, they both have their marksmanship merit badge. I and another adult took the NRA instructor course so that we could teach that badge.

The rifles that they want you to use are single shot bolt guns. We had several types that we used - you can't run out and buy a bunch of new rifles just for one badge!

I'm currently an assistant scout master, but I did a stint as the scoutmaster until I landed my current job, which takes me on the road too much, so I had to hand it off to another dad.

Anyway, the Boy Scouts are doing just fine - we don't take Federal money like the Girl Scouts and dont' have to put up with the PC BS like they do. For instance, if you are gay, you aren't going to be an adult leader - period. I like that.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

[quote="O.S.O.K)

I'm currently an assistant scout master, but I did a stint as the scoutmaster until I landed my current job, which takes me on the road too much, so I had to hand it off to another dad.

Anyway, the Boy Scouts are doing just fine - we don't take Federal money like the Girl Scouts and dont' have to put up with the PC BS like they do. For instance, if you are gay, you aren't going to be an adult leader - period. I like that.[/quote]

O.S.O.K.,
Thats great and kudos to you for becoming involved with such a great organization. :D

I really like the part of the Scouts taking no fed. money so they can pick and choose who their leaders are. :D Sure hope it stays that way.

One thing about the Scouts-you very seldom, if ever (I never have) hear about their leaders "taking advantage" of the boys. ---------Sixgun
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

O.S.O.K. wrote:I'm a scouter (an adult leader) and both of my boys are Eagle Scouts. Further, they both have their marksmanship merit badge. I and another adult took the NRA instructor course so that we could teach that badge.

The rifles that they want you to use are single shot bolt guns. We had several types that we used - you can't run out and buy a bunch of new rifles just for one badge!

Anyway, the Boy Scouts are doing just fine - we don't take Federal money like the Girl Scouts and dont' have to put up with the PC BS like they do. For instance, if you are gay, you aren't going to be an adult leader - period. I like that.
I like that too! I will be "moving up" with Y2K this month as well, going from a den leader for the Cub Scouts to a adult leader for the Troop. Jac, when you get a moment could you pm me about the NRA Instructor Course - I'd like to do the same for our Troop.

BTW - Mrs. YK made peach cobbler last week using the breading that you sent. It was the best I've ever had!!! :D