bedroom closet home protection plan

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
plinkin pete
Levergunner 1.0

bedroom closet home protection plan

Post by plinkin pete »

The 12gs I sleep with has a 24" slug barrel attached, shells are double oo buck in the tube. question is should I have the 24" turkey barrel with open choke on or will the slug barrel work just as well??
major
Levergunner 2.0

Re: bedroom closet home protection plan

Post by major »

I would be a little worried about the barrel being so tight to fire buckshot through it....being it is a slug barrel.... I have seen barrels before that has spilt at the end of a turkey choked gun that fired 000 buckshot thru it.
Major

*If guns were your children how hard would you fight to protect and keep them*
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Why buckshot? Consider over-penetration in your home, as you cannot control where a badguy might be.

Try a couple tests with a load of steel BB and drywall. (please leave no garbage behind at your favorite shootin' hole).

At realistic defense-inside-your-home distances of two-to-six yards, that BB load will open to about 2-3" diameter, and will obliterate any live tissue even through denim and leather.
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Stay with the slug barrel.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
creosote
Levergunner

Post by creosote »

I have "00" in my 12 gauge "Lodge Broom".
But also taken into consideration is the 100 yards or so to the nearest neighbor.
Over penetration could harm an innocent, if I had close neighbors I would adjust the
shot size down .
A friend once had to put down a burglar in his gun store in the wee dark hours
of the morning, The Mossy 500 with the 2 3/4 " 12 gauge loaded with sixes did the
work at about 12 feet. He fired three shots ,one of which connected after the
really stupid thief stood up behind the counter with a pistola in each hand.
Creosote