OT - Which "star"...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Which "star"...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

...do you refuse to patronize? By that I mean, if this "star" is in a movie or TV show, regardless of how appealing the movie or show may sound to you, you refuse to watch it because you don't want one thin red dime of your hard-earned cash going to them?

Conversely, is there a star you always try to catch?

For me, the list of negatives is very long and growing every day. I'd top it with either Sean Penn or Alec Baldwin, but I could probably go on for pages! :evil:

The "must see" list is pretty darn small - for anyone alive. Tom Selleck comes to mind, though I have not been watching "Las Vegas" which he joined the cast of this year, so I guess the "pro" list doesn't exist...
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Jane Fonda :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

There are few that I dont think of as a giant waste of space.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Don't go list: Leonardo Decaprio, Ben Afleck, Collin Ferrel, and yes, Sean Connery.

Go list: Nicholos Cage, Hugh Jackman, John Travolta, Will Smith, Reese Witherspoon.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Arnold Swartzeneggar

Can't stand him now that he is screwing with our state
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hank's for sure and most of the rest in the theaters. This just came up with my daughter this AM over Charlie Wilson's war. I did see a documentary type show on it last night but it got to late and didn't catch the end. Very interesting. Did not know about this before.

On the other side - Tom Selleck, Gerald McRaney, Dennis Miller, Nugent, and anyone else I find out is a conservative gun guy.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I like Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot and most of the old Cowboy types.
Lately though, at the top of my list is Robert Duvalle and Kevin Kostner.
Pardon my spelling,to lazy to look em up! :wink:
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

When Bruce Springsteen comes on I change the radio station. I don't like how he politicizes his music.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I tend to patronize according to their talent. The exceptions are: Barbara Stridand, Rosie, and a bunch others that I can't think of now, that couldn't pass a high school acting class :roll: Oh, yes....that traitor ***ch Jane Fonda.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
DDude
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DDude »

I'd rather buy and read a good western from Louis L'Amour or Elmer Kelton than to waste money on a ticket at a theatre. At least I'd have something to show for it on my bookshelf.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

In the last 30 years I've gone to the movies to see Two of the Bourne movies because my wife wanted to see them, "Shooter", and "Windtalkers". Before that the last movie I saw was "walking Tall" with Jo Don Baker.

I ain't missed much,

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Havent been to the movies in years for me but saw a kids talking animal jungle movie a few years ago. It was pretty cool & I think the penguins at least were pro gun.

Tom Sellek I like & theres a couple others I'll try & catch on TV but I mostly leave the history channel on. :lol:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Will not watch/listen to:

The Dixie Chicks(Don't hate them personally, just don't like what they and many others did at a Crucial time to our country).

Johnny Depp

Sean Penn

George Clooney

Bruce Springsteen

Many others that I can't think of right now. Again, it's nothing personal just like their politics are nothing personal against me. I just make it a habit to vote with my wallet when I can.

Always try to catch(at least on DVD, my social life is in the latrine)
any Western that looks halfway decent but partial to Wayne, Elliot, Selleck, Duvall. I was very impressed with Thomas Hayden Church in Broken Trail and really like Costner with Duvall in Open Range. That movie changed my mind about Costner. I don't know anything about Matt Damon but have enjoyed the Bourne series very much. I consider him our greatest contemporary American actor, artistically speaking. I like Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington. Bruce Willis is good too and makes movies that aren't cookie cutter type stuff.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Well, Hanoi Jane,Sean Penn,that Baldwin goofball,Rosie O'donnell off the top of my head are some that I'm not gonna' help feed.

The Ones I support: Tom Selleck,Sam Elliot ( just watched The Quick and the Dead again) and Duvall.
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

I haven't been to a movie for prolly 20 years, the grandkids had a DVD of Lonesome Dove that was pretty good. The only new actor I agree with is Shreck :D :D
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

They sicken me terribly. The whole scene of Hollywood makes me want to vomit. I truly believe Hollywood is the ruination of our great country. Add to that the music videos with MTV in the lead. They force (try) us to accept idealogies that are against natural process. Angelene (sic?) Jolie and Madona are at the top of my "hate" list along with the Baldwins, B.Streisand, well, all of 'em except my hero. Thats Tom Selleck. Curt Russel and Hank Williams Jr. run a very close second. Very good dudes.---------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

neil mitchell
Levergunner 1.0

Post by neil mitchell »

Hanoi Jane has always been at the top of my "don't watch" list. She should be in a cell next to "Charlie".

Always watch Selleck,Damon,Nugent et al.

Neil
NRA,Disabled Vietnam Veteran
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

The only "must see" for me is Robert Duvall.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Bing Crosby pure poison to his kids
Tumbleweeds
Levergunner 1.0

You won't go to movies at all if you worry about that kind

Post by Tumbleweeds »

of thing. Hollywood came into being because the old silent film makers were run out of NYC by the vice squad, and one thing that Hasn't changed since the good old days is, show business attracts people with the morals of zoo monkeys in springtime. Some good people too, but they learn quick to tie their shoes with their backs to the wall.

Besides, basing business decisions on the other party's morals and politics is what Pharisees did, and I learned a bias against that attitude in Sunday school.

That's just me. I don't sell movie tickets, watch whatever you like.
OK, OK, I made the jump.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT - Which "star"...

Post by cubrock »

[quote="Ysabel Kid I'd top it with either Sean Penn or Alec Baldwin, but I could probably go on for pages! :evil:

[/quote]

One thing I can say positive about Sean Penn is that he has shown good troop support in the past - his views on Iraq notwithstanding. Even when he dissents, his support of the troops isn't hollow words like a lot of people in both Hollywood and Washington.
.........THE TWINS..........

Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

If I recall correctly, Alex Baldwin said if George Bush was elected he would leave the country!!! Kind of makes him a BIG LIER! I will not patronize any of the Hollywood bull that has anything to say that is bad about hunting and guns!! I don't watch their movies, listen to their songs, or interviews. I am not missing anything! Jane Fonda is number 1 traitor, and should have faced a firing squad a long time ago. I can't think of a word or sentence bad enough to describe her or her dumb husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

This may surprise some of y'all, but Kenny Rogers, or is it Rodgers, the C&W vocalist, after he meddled in a local murder conviction appeal. How the anti-death-penalty picked this particular defendant as their poster child puzzles me, as he was an admitted multi-time felon and all-'round bad guy, who admitted shooting other people, just not this particular victim. When a country station starts a Kenny Rogers song, I hit the button to change the frequency.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I will always give them a chance...
until they open there big mouths and trash my values, beliefs or
point of view......
So that eliminates the vast majority of whats on tv and
the silver screen..........
So its the outdoor & versus channels...speed channel...AMC...ESPN for racing...or any time a western is on..
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

Besides 'we' America are what created these people.
"WE" Did most certainly NOT create these people. They are the product of their lack of parentage and a perverted environment in which they formed there inability to judge between right and wrong and what a moral value is and how to apply it.

Society as the scapegoat for the ruination of America is wrong. This happens at a very local level. IE: The ME generation. The relative morality theory and its propagation. Etc......
Paco
Site Owner

Post by Paco »

:x ALL THE ABOVE AND BARBRA STRIESAND, I WOULD STAND IN THE RAIN TO STAY AWAY FROM HER AND PENN AND BIG JANE.... :x PACO
PACO/OWNER