OT - may be offensive to some - the watchmaker

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

OT - may be offensive to some - the watchmaker

Post by AmBraCol »

If you're a "It happened all by chance" person then you'll probably not care for the following link. If, like myself, you see the beauty of all creation and the irreducible complexity of so many life forms then you may very well enjoy this video and pass the link on to others. So view at your own risk. :) :D

http://kids4truth.com/watchmaker/watch.html
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: OT - may be offensive to some - the watchmaker

Post by Sixgun »

Paul,
I liked it---was very soothing-----Thank you,----------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I agree. Everything is just too wonderful not to have been created.

And the perplexing thing to me, that nags at me is the question: "who made the watchmaker?"

I think too much...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

For those interested in a technical read relevant to this subject, you can download a very good article here http://www.newscholars.com/papers/ID%20 ... rticle.pdf

As for who made the watchmaker, if we use Occam's razor and have the same designer for both biological life and space-time, then whatever produced space-time must be able to exist independent of space-time in order to create it. If something exists independent of time, then it always is; there is no past and no future relative to such a being, only a timeless state of being. The Creator cannot have a beginning, for a beginning in time can only occur in time. The Creator is timeless and, therefore, it is logically impossible for the Creator to have a beginning. Interestingly, when Moses asked God who He was, God replied 'I Am'. If this is the case, than God is the ultimate reference frame in which everything else exists. He is the origin of space-time, matter and energy, and the laws of nature which govern how they interact. If God is the creator of nature, upon which science is based, then science, itself, is dependent upon God. It is really the study of God's creation.

Now I got to get back to work ..... I'm building a door frame for the basement bathroom and I've got to get the door hung tonight, because tomorrow there will be 23 relatives over here and we will be needing that bathroom. :)
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

God is the first and the last Creator. I marvel every day at his work.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Without faith, the compelling becomes confusing......I admit to being confused a good deal of the time......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

That was absolutely magnificent! Ya know what I marvel at? People who don't recognize that for everything created no matter in what realm, there must be first an idea & then a being bringing that idea into existence. And also them failing to see that there is a being so far above everything else as to make describing the chasm between that being & everything else impossible. You can't just say He's as far above us as we are above a one-celled amoeba.........it wouldn't do Him justice. Thanx for letting us see this. jd45
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Here's another jaw-dropping video of machines working inside the cells of your body right now as you read this ....
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/davi ... _cell.html
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thank you Paul. I will share that with my kids tommorow.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Thanks, Paul. That's great! I'm passing this one around. :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

KirkD wrote:For those interested in a technical read relevant to this subject, you can download a very good article here http://www.newscholars.com/papers/ID%20 ... rticle.pdf

As for who made the watchmaker, if we use Occam's razor and have the same designer for both biological life and space-time, then whatever produced space-time must be able to exist independent of space-time in order to create it. If something exists independent of time, then it always is; there is no past and no future relative to such a being, only a timeless state of being. The Creator cannot have a beginning, for a beginning in time can only occur in time. The Creator is timeless and, therefore, it is logically impossible for the Creator to have a beginning. Interestingly, when Moses asked God who He was, God replied 'I Am'. If this is the case, than God is the ultimate reference frame in which everything else exists. He is the origin of space-time, matter and energy, and the laws of nature which govern how they interact. If God is the creator of nature, upon which science is based, then science, itself, is dependent upon God. It is really the study of God's creation.

Now I got to get back to work ..... I'm building a door frame for the basement bathroom and I've got to get the door hung tonight, because tomorrow there will be 23 relatives over here and we will be needing that bathroom. :)
This is without question one of the best written explanations of who created God I have seen. I appreciate this, and totally agree with it.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

KirkD,
Thanks for putting into words the truths of which you spoke. This was and is the best explanation of eternity and time that I have read. The problem with science today is the "scientific principle". Scientists leave out the "Great Cause" of all things by using this premiss as a starting point. Ultimately, the scientific principle will only result in concluding that God doesn't exist.

The great question facing man is: Did God make man--or, did man make God? The answer to this question determines the whole direction that humanity will take.

Kirk, do you have a science background or a science related job? The reason I am wondering is the average layman is not interested in subjects like "space-time", etc.
Ole Pizen Slinger
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

brucew44guns wrote:
KirkD wrote:For those interested in a technical read relevant to this subject, you can download a very good article here http://www.newscholars.com/papers/ID%20 ... rticle.pdf

This is without question one of the best written explanations of who created God I have seen. I appreciate this, and totally agree with it.
+1

Paul, thanks for the original post, and Kirk, thank you for the awesome reply! :D
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

ole pizen slinger wrote:Kirk, do you have a science background or a science related job?
Ole Pizen Slinger, I'll have to confess the affirmative to both.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Kirk - yes, the best answer that I've yet heard. It also makes perfect sense to me. Of course!

Being trapped in time, I had a hard time conceiving of that. ;)

It's still hard to get my brain cells around it, but it does make sense.

ETA - that vid of the gentleman showing his work is awsome - I've never seen animation like that and it is so enlightening to see the workings inside our cells - just amazing.

I have a B.B.A. (business Admin) but I took biology classes for fun because I enjoyed them. I took every related class that was offered in HS too - physiology, zoology, micro biology, etc. Chemistry got me though - they expected me to memorize stuff! :lol: I wasn't a very motivated student...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

bruce44guns, it would've been nice if you'd included the phrase, "the incorrect premise" ahead of "who created God", but I knew what you meant. Thanx, jd45