Chaparral Arms

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Chaparral Arms

Post by barbarossa »

Can anyone tell me if the quality control of the Chaparral 76 carbines any better now than when they first came out?
Hobie

Re: Chaparral Arms

Post by Hobie »

Well, I have one of the first ones. Not so bad as some had. No where near as bad apparently. How could I compare to another? Haven't needed another. :wink:

Based on what everyone says, if I were to get one now, I wouldn't. Next best thing is to get a Uberti 22" rifle, have the barrel turned half-round and shorten the mag tube to a button mag. Oh, and get it in .45-60. It is just plain expensive and time consuming to feed either the .45-75 or .50-95 guns and the rifles, IME, are just too darn heavy. Uberti's guns have a good rep but are all rifles.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Re: Chaparral Arms

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ditto. I have an early one and it works fine. The fit and finish are not equivalent to Uberti's, but Uberti didn't have them out when I got mine...