Shelves are bare everywhere !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Shelves are bare everywhere !

Post by kooz »

Went to the Sportsmans for primers and powder today and they were all out and the gun racks are pretty much bare. So I ordered some stuff from Natchez , they have a pretty good deal on CCI primers right now, here is the link.
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... &src=tpCtg
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Shelves are bare everywhere !

Post by jnyork »

We have a large sporting goods and gun store here in Yuma, I went in yesterday and the shelves were full, plenty of everything , walls full of guns of all types, cabinets full of handguns.
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Here in cedar city its kind of normal. Maybe the assualt type weapons have picked up some. I think most of us westners have always had pretty much what we want or need long ago. Not like back east or in the big citys.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Buy online. Yes, there are hazardous material charges but when you buy 8 pounds of powder, it's a good deal..

You're still going to have to shop around to get everything you want but you should be able to get your primers and powder in one spot. Here's where I just got everything I was looking for http://www.grafs.com
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

8lb of 2400 is still only $106 + shipping from Powder Valley Inc....
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

My local place has been busy, but there are plenty of guns to pick from. They have sold all the EBRs they had a couple weeks ago.
NRA Life Member
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

I bought a couple of "bricks" of Federal .22 LRs at WalMart yesterday and consulted a guy buying a Henry .22 LR lever gun - :D
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The stores around here are doing a brisk business - especially in handguns and EBR's!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Lot of "Out of Stock" at Midway.

Local shops I hit from time to time are mostly out of EBRs.
One shop that usually has 20 to 30 hand guns was down to about a dozen.

Good for business I guess. I hope they're saving their pennies for when it slows back down.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

At my local shop....

If it's "black", hi-cap, or military, then they are sold before they hit the racks. If it's a 22 or revolver, then there is no shortage, demand, or lack of choices.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

my local peddler had shelves of stuff back in the corner behind the counter. I made a deal with him on a lot of primers, and boxes of factory ammo that were opened or came in with guns he took in trade over the years. I left the reloads, but took all the ammo he had in .38, .357. .45, .4570, 3030 and .22. I got three shelves of ammo for $20.

I also bought some CCI mini mags (5 sleeves) to go with my new to me Walther PP in .22lr. Waited 20 years to pick one of these up again. Was one of those that got away that I regretted. Anyway, stuff is flying off his shelves too.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I work at Sportsmans Warehouse in Medford, Oregon. We had lots of ARs, M1As, Sig 556s, Ruger Mini 14s etc. on Nov. 4. Last night we were down to two Remingtons, one Armalite and a Ruger Ranch Rifle Target. We've even been selling AutoOrd Thompsons. Folks are really stocking up on powder and primers, too.
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

There's a store here in town that specializes in the EBRs, and according to a guy I talked to who went in to buy some ammo, the line at the counter went all the way to the front door, and every semi auto in the place had been sold except for two. He'd never seen it that busy before.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

At my buddy's gunshop, Targetmaster, EBR's and just about everything else is flying out the door. Probably at least a dozen AR's every day. He never told me how he keeps the supply from running out. I think he has an AR-15 machine in the back room that makes these things. He keeps the "Model Button" on 6920's pushed in.----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kooz »

Yea, the black guns are really selling like crazy right now. I think the ammo is where they will hit us the hardest, and what the lefties are after most. They have gone after lead with a vengance the last couple years, and have taken some stabs at ammo this year as well. I bet ammo and reloading supplies will go thru the roof by the end of the summer with our new leaders left wing support.