The skinney on CAlifornia bill # 821

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

The skinney on CAlifornia bill # 821

Post by cutter »

Gentlmen, good to be here.

I have been burning up the telephones today, and have some information to share.
First, an orginasation called 'Save The Condor' (STC)is who promoted this bill.
Their website can be viewed here; http://www.savethercondor.com/bill.html

Much of their arguement is based on junk , or spun science. Read through this website and you will find many errors.

Second, this bill has been signed onto law, but that doesn't mean it's over!
To submit a comment to the department of Fish and Game(DFG)-
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/about/contact.html

It is very important you do so immediately, as the bill is being rewritten as we speak at the urging of STC.

There will be no more hunting in the condor range with traditional muzzle loaders, as lead round balls have been banned.

Also, the condor range in the proposed version of ths bill is being expanded. I will not know the new range for sometime.
http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36598

Please follow this link to read of my other findings concerning bill#821.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

P.S. This is not something I read on the internet, I have been creating an expensive long distance phone bill...
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

That's some good information.
Sure sounds like F&G aren't buying into the greenies' condor scare and are somewhat skeptical of the junk science!
otteray
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Most of the DFG folks are on vacation at this time, but you can bet that I will be haunting their doorstep after the new year begins. They are within walking distance of this residence, and being retired allows me the opportunity to speak to them in person.

I did send them a long e-mail concerning AB 821 a few minutes ago, but don't expect a response for some time. The majority of e-mail responses from DFG come as a form letter and are sent by analysts whose job is to answer such internet inquiries.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Cutter your efforts are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the links I will flood their inbox.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

You guys need to fight this, even if it is passed into law, you need to fight it until it is repealed. Otherwise, the animal rights groups will use it as a lever to ban all lead everywhere.

All this time I have not seen a single, published scientific study that backs up the theory that condors are dying of ingested lead. Is there one? And how credible is it? Has it been peer reviewed?
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Did I miss something? First off, Arnold signed AB821 into law a month ago. THAT is a sone deal, the F&G have no say in the matter. Their latest porposal covers a lot more area than was mandated by AB821 as well.

Traditional ML can still be used, but you can't use lead. So if your twist is too slow for other types or sabots then I guess you are outa luck, unfortunately.

Boy I don't see anywhere the F&G is still on our side. they talked like that at first, but if they felt that way, why did they expand the coverage area and attempt on consider banning rimfires. In addition, their own reports have show the most common carcass they ate was beef , so why no lead for coyote hunting?

I think they're talking out both sides of their rear ends.
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

Thanks, Cutter!
My email has been sent!
And all you out-of-state folks can show your feelings about this bogus report as well! A lot of you hunt in California, or may want to in the future.
Do it now, before it is plopped on your front porch!

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Ben Franklin, 1776
otteray