Marlin 336 Texan SRC .30-30

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Marlin 336 Texan SRC .30-30

Post by salvo »

I had been keeping an eye out for a Texan for quite a wile. Rogmatt put this one up for sale a few weeks ago but Victor “Mod71Alaska” beat me to it. Victor told me he might sell it in the future and that he would keep me in mind. Well Victor decided to pass on it after he had already paid Rogmatt for it and told me if I wanted it that he would have Rogmatt ship it straight to me to save transfer fee’s. Long story short, Victor charged me a whole $5.00 more than Rogmatt asked, to cover his MO cost and Pepsi! There is no way to beat the great people on this forum.
Thank you Rogmatt and a big thanks to Victor.

Here’s the pictures after a little cleaning and oiling.

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Marlin 336 Texan SRC .30-30

Post by J Miller »

Scott,

I'm envious. I've liked those Marlin Texans for as long as I can remember them. Never ever had the opportunity to own one.

Maybe cos I was too busy owning Winchester 94s. But some day I'll own one.

Enjoy your carbine. Looks nice.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Welcome to the club!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rogmatt
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rogmatt »

Salvo,

glad you are happy. Victor is also an very good man. I would love to have a cup of coffee with both of you.

Some people I know are amazed that I can do business with people across the country I have never met in person, on a cyber handshake. However, I have found that most gun enthusiasts are the most honest and outstanding citizens in the country.
Keep The Faith
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

PHEW ! ! - Am I glad to hear Victor didn't take that Marlin !

For a minute there, I thought he went over to the Dark Side (being a Winchester man). ;) :lol: :lol:

dwight
Levergunner

Post by dwight »

[quote="Rogmatt"]I have found that most gun enthusiasts are the most honest and outstanding citizens in the country.[/quote]

I agree....
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

We have some top shelf people here on this forum for sure, keeps me coming back. I have met about 15 or so in person and I can tell you they are all as genuine as they appear here. I have done alot of business with Victor and have always been thrilled with my purchases from him.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Not only we have the very best people to trade with, the leverguns get to stay in the family!
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

That is a good looking rifle. There is just something appealing about that straight grip 336 configuration to me.

I have had nothing but good dealings with the people here. There seems to be a correlatiob between leverguns and good folks.