OT? Buying frenzy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

OT? Buying frenzy

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Since i have all the levers i need, (not want) am looking for pistols. Have called on 7 different types. They are all sold within hours of the papers coming out!! Has any one else noticed this.Also missed a 375 XTR for $315. Am disappointed cuz i had the money burning my pocket.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT? Buying frenzy

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well if they're being listed way under value like that win 375 then I bet its dealers snatching em up. Guns do seem to be selling pretty well right now tho. I put 4 up on gunbroker for fair but full value and sold 3 in 3 weeks.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

OSOK;
What pistols are you looking for?
I am about to begin "thinning the herd" and plan to sell a Ruger .44 mag carbine and Super Blackhawk revolver and a Colt .357 not currently being used.
I will be taking pics to post soon.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

crs wrote:OSOK;
What pistols are you looking for?
I am about to begin "thinning the herd" and plan to sell a Ruger .44 mag carbine and Super Blackhawk revolver and a Colt .357 not currently being used.
I will be taking pics to post soon.
Me?

Levergunner's the one lookin :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

i'm looking for for Ruger convertibles in 22, 357/9mm, 45C/45Auto, , Gloc or Ruger 9mm auto, Ruger or 191 type 45auto, and 22 autos, so shouldnt have to hard time finding one i like
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sales are always brisk before presidential elections - it seems to be the only time it dawns on most people that a year later they may not be able to buy a gun if they want to. With our always-anti-gun Democrat candidates and our luke-warm-to-guns Republican ones, I understand the sentiment. Hopefully ammo prices will come back down to earth after the next couple months - they always seem to go up cyclically as well (I know it is also the China & raw materials thing too - they have to buy enough lead to put it in the cat food and infant formula or whatever).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

OSOK;
Sorry for the mix up - I HATE this "new" message foemat. Do not understand why we can not just leave well enough alone and stick to the ried and true!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Todd you forgot to add that it was $315 with ammo. The trading post comes out on Sunday in Chippewa . So if you get that paper Monday morning all the good deals are gone. There was a marlin 45-70 cowboy for sale in there earlier this summer for $325. I called till late Sunday night with no one answering. So when I called at 7AM the next morning the fellow who answered said someone came out at 11PM the night before and bought it. It's alot of work to get the good deals.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I don't think it's so much a buying frenzy as it is people selling for under value.

I just picked up an almost new (1974) 9422 for $275.00. It even came with a like brand new all steel Weaver 4x scope. :D
The seller said maybe 50rds went thru it to sight in the scope. Not a scratch or loss of blueing on the metal, and just a 1/2" dent under the forearm.

Then I sold my old 9422 the same day at the range (~85% condition) for $350 .

So, if you got money it's definitely a buyer's market. But with some of these levers it's still a good sellers market.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45Jack »

Todd Mayo wrote:I'm looking for for Ruger convertibles in 22, 357/9mm, 45C/45Auto, , Gloc or Ruger 9mm auto, Ruger or 191 type 45auto, and 22 autos, so shouldn't have to hard time finding one i like
Got a soft spot in my head for them Rugers myself. got .45C/.45acp, .38-40/.40S&W and .32-20/.32HRM.
Still need a .22 and a .357.
I have a Single six from about 1954 but it's not convertible.
Jack
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

There may well be people who believe now that Nobama will be the pres, -----"Get rid of it now" mentality all over the place, before he sets in the Oval Office. There's people selling that have a little panic in their thinking, not wanting a gun that's outlawed later, then there's folks who buy now, thinking they better hurry before they are banned. Works both ways no doubt.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life