POLITICS (again) Leftist Media question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

POLITICS (again) Leftist Media question

Post by bunklocoempire »

I've seen countless credible posts here concerning the leftist media regarding every issue, most lately of course the Republican vs. Democrat candidates.

Question:

Believing the media is a beast of the left (I do largely), wouldn't it stand to reason the leftist media would mostly promote it's leftist agenda? That is, leave out almost entirely a "right" solution or argument to the issues at hand? Follow me?

Three shells with the pea (Constitutional answer) under the third one, the leftist media will constantly try to focus on shells number one and two. I think we could agree third party is hardly mentioned unless it is mentioned with "spliting the vote".

Is the media so far "left" -as most agree- that their shell game has completely distracted us from where the focus should be? Or would the media simply stop being "left" concerning three parties?

Ever mention "left media" in your posts? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks, Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: POLITICS (again) Leftist Media question

Post by AJMD429 »

The media is overwhemingly (>90%) left/Democrat leaning, even by their own polls.

Unfortunately, the Republicans always miss the REAL debate by arguing 'over price' instead of substance. They debate WHICH gun laws work best, instead of whether there should be ANY federal gun laws. They debate WHICH school policies work best, instead of whether there should be ANY federal school involvement. Same for healthcare. Same for the environment.

I've posted this link before, but it is fascinating - http://www.friesian.com/quiz.htm - it shows how by omitting the Libertarian-Authoritarian axis (i.e. the Ron Paul vs. Mitt Romney axis) and focusing only on left-right stuff, we never really address the real issues.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

And even those in the MSM (and some Radio) who are by some quirk of fate NOT a DemSoc, ARE Big Government RINOSOCs.

It's mote about promoting Media as the defacto 4th branch of GovSoc than simple "Liberal/Conservative" bias.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Look at the number of views on your thread. Nobody cares.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

AJMD429, interesting to actually see it graphed out. Thanks. This jumped out at me:

A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.
Alexis de Tocqueville

I would read that as "divide & conquer", how many of us fall for that old game? :(

Idahoser, I gotta learn to put a catchy "Dem vs. Repub" or pigs, mulsims & lipstick somewhere in my subject line! :D

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul