POLITICS: obama's Attempts to Prolong Iraq War

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS: obama's Attempts to Prolong Iraq War

Post by Slick »

obama has managed to become quite the hypocrite… He campaigns on a platform to “bring Americas troops home from Iraq ASAP” – and then goes to Iraq to negotiate keeping out troops there longer?

It’s easy to see that in the wake of the successful troop surge, that we have begun to pull out of Iraq. The troop reductions play towards the Republican side, so obama wants to try and keep our troops in Iraq until after the election… What a bunch of pure B.S. This man wants to play politics with the lives of our soldiers? What else is it? :roll:

->

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/po ... 129150.htm
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: POLITICS: obama's Attempts to Prolong Iraq War

Post by Blaine »

Yup :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Slick wrote:obama has managed to become quite the hypocrite… He campaigns on a platform to “bring Americas troops home from Iraq ASAP” – and then goes to Iraq to negotiate keeping out troops there longer?

It’s easy to see that in the wake of the successful troop surge, that we have begun to pull out of Iraq. The troop reductions play towards the Republican side, so obama wants to try and keep our troops in Iraq until after the election… What a bunch of pure B.S. This man wants to play politics with the lives of our soldiers? What else is it? :roll:

->

He is beholden to the same machine as McCain, remember McCains little comment of (paraphrasing) "elect me, I know how to find/get Osama, elect me and I'll share it with you."

That's not exactly looking out our soldiers either.

McBama McSame

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

bunklocoempire wrote:
Slick wrote:obama has managed to become quite the hypocrite… He campaigns on a platform to “bring Americas troops home from Iraq ASAP” – and then goes to Iraq to negotiate keeping out troops there longer?

->

He is beholden to the same machine as McCain, remember McCains little comment of (paraphrasing) "elect me, I know how to find/get Osama, elect me and I'll share it with you."

That's not exactly looking out our soldiers either.

McBama McSame

Bunkloco
That was Kerry...."I have a plan........" He said that for everything and would never say what. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Wow...I'd say that's a pretty blatant attempt to use our men like chess pieces. But then again, these folks have done this since we were on the ground facing the Iraqi army. Never forget 9/11 and never forget what these people have done to undermine their own country, at the expense of our Soldiers.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

C. Cash wrote:Wow...I'd say that's a pretty blatant attempt to use our men like chess pieces. But then again, these folks have done this since we were on the ground facing the Iraqi army. Never forget 9/11 and never forget what these people have done to undermine their own country, at the expense of our Soldiers.
These folks have done it since Viet Nam. Pretty much the definition of a Democrat - careless disregard for the safety of the country and it's military personnel, who are only useful to them as something to villify, as a prop, or to help achieve political power... :evil: :evil: :evil:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yeah I agree and one of my lines that I use on my Liberal friends: Did Vietnam teach us nothing? To which they stare blankly and then change the subject to more Bush bashing...... Did I mention I don't have many friends anymore? :wink:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

This man wants to play politics with the lives of our soldiers?
Oh, please.

Let's not forget who started this mess, for no reason.

Get it through your head. No presidential candidate (who's approved by the system, unlike Ron Paul) gives a rat's patoot about servicemen, nor about all the innocent Iraqis who've been killed, nor about any of us either. As far as they are concerned, we simply don't matter!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

PaulB wrote:
This man wants to play politics with the lives of our soldiers?
Oh, please.

Let's not forget who started this mess, for no reason.

Get it through your head. No presidential candidate (who's approved by the system, unlike Ron Paul) gives a rat's patoot about servicemen, nor about all the innocent Iraqis who've been killed, nor about any of us either. As far as they are concerned, we simply don't matter!
"Oh please" indeed. I have not forgotten who "started this mess" - it was Islamic radicals bent on the destruction of our way of life. We are at war, whether we like it - or want it - or not. President Bush, for all of his other faults, had the guts to take the battle to the enemy, instead of sulking back, allowing them to strengthen, and waiting for the next attack. The result? We have not had a strike against our homeland for seven years (no one would have predicted that 09/12/01) and 50 million people have been freed from brutal regimes. Al Queida leadership has been smashed and they spend their time constantly regrouping versus attacking us. We kill Islamic radicals on the battlefield of our choosing at a ratio of over 50 to 1 of their kills against our military. And it looks like Iran will be framed by two functioning Islamic democracies, which will give us forward bases in a fight that will end up coming at some point - again whether we like it or not - because Iran is not going to stop pursuing nuclear weapons until they have them.

I mourn the loss of everyone of our 4,000+ service men and women, but to put that in perspective, we lost an average of 10,000 men per month each month of World War II. And this fight is every bit as critical to the ongoing freedom of our country - and countless others - as that war.

No reason, huh?
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Well said YK. The terrorists of this earth want Obama in office because he lacks the backbone to fight. This is typical of the latest generations of Demoncrats in office. Remember the 51 hostages in Iran? (Carter wanted to talk to them. As soon as a Republican took office, Iran turned them loose!! Of course they want BHO. I believe he is also one of them.

TomF
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

President Bush, for all of his other faults, had the guts to take the battle to the enemy
Except he picked the wrong enemy! Nary an Iraqi in those airplanes on 9/11. Bush indeed started the mess in Iraq. All illegally, by the way, if you think the Constitution matters.

I had to laugh when you said Bush had guts. It doesn't take any guts to send other people to die for their country. Or for big oil, as the case may be. All it takes is a big fat head, an inflated ego.

All this "War on Terrorism" is just the latest bogeyman to get people behind the President. Islamic terror doesn't amount to a hill of beans, compared to the Cold War. We are doing exactly the wrong thing over there even if it was an actual threat; Al Qaeda has gone from zero in Iraq to a strong presence, all because of Bush.
The result? We have not had a strike against our homeland for seven years (no one would have predicted that 09/12/01)
Probably the same result, had we not attacked Iraq. Iraq was not the problem; Al Qaeda was (with the Taliban in a supporting role). Or stepping back a bit, our own foreign policy was the problem. "Blowback", remember?
50 million people have been freed from brutal regimes.
Yeah, they are so thankful that even our own creature, Maliki, wants us out of Iraq as soon as possible. :lol: Anyway it will last about 5 minutes after we leave; then it will be back to business as usual, with a strongman on top. Of course we have our own brutal regime to worry about, one that has embraced torture. America has more people in jail per capita than any other in the world.

I can't understand this thirsting for war against Iran. Do we really want the whole region in turmoil? Do we really want our economy crippled with wars we can't afford? Do we really want $8/gallon gas? Leave Iran alone, let the IEAE do its job, stop trying to bully everyone. No one looks up to us any more; they used to, back in the days when we weren't sticking our nose in everyone's business. Face it, we have a rotten, lawless government. Try not to identify with it too much. It ain't America, it's just a bunch of lowlifes.