Spoke to Nate Kiowa Jones

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Spoke to Nate Kiowa Jones

Post by RKrodle »

I called Steve (Nate Kiowa Jones) and spoke to him. Everything is ok. He has lost power but he has his generator going to supply some power. The storm surge was about 10 feet were his is at and the levy's are 18 feet. He said not to worry because his coffee pot is working good :lol: . For anyone who has guns with him he said not to worry, everything stayed dry. He also said it may be a few weeks before he can ship anything out, because everything is shut down and he's not sure when power will be back on.
Ricky

DWWC
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: Spoke to Nate Kiowa Jones

Post by RKrodle »

Does anyone have a phone number for Texican ?
Ricky

DWWC
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Good to hear! :mrgreen:

I was up until about 0200 this morning watching coverage. One comment that caught my attention was that while there have been many storms more powerful, there have been very few that were actually larger than Ike... :shock:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Good news - was wondering about Texican too. We completely dodged this one - not even getting any rain.

My daughter is in College Station and getting rain and wind right now but power is still on.

Her boy friend and her roommate and her boyfriend are all at their place, so she's got help if needed. I kinda wanted her to just come home but she wanted to stay there. Since her boyfriend is a good kid and an Eagle Scout, I'm not too worried.

Plus, I know that she has access to a Ruger SP101 if it were called for....
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everyone is ok... maybe Texican will check in.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That is great news - and quite a relief! :D
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I was relieved to keep tabs on Waco, where my daughter is, and it appears they got off with gusty winds and showers.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Great to hear that Steve came through OK. I was listening to the news and they mentioned Port Aurther being flooded pretty good. Keep us updated when you can Steve and God Bless.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Nate called me this evening and said that despite reports they came thru in great shape. Said that as described in his other post his home is in the older part of town, where most residents were evacuated to in years past. Lost electricity but generator is new still has a couple of gallons of gas and are as snug as a bug in a rug in the RV. Said his shop's A/C is out... but he went out and checked all his work in progress and used a preventative on everything and should be back in business when the electricity comes back on.

Said he went to get some more gas at the one place open today, but lines were just too long and he wasn't in dire straits yet.

Was good to talk to him as usual.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Called Steve in reference to my new-to me Puma, had some questions.

He hopes to get the power on with in the next few weeks.

He misses the social activity of Leverguns.com, and says Hi to all.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Marlin 308MX
Levergunner

Post by Marlin 308MX »

Nate, I am very glad to hear that you are OK!!!!! Art
William
Levergunner

Post by William »

Nate is a good guy and goes great work as well. Glad he weathered the storm alright.
Dirty Dan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Dirty Dan »

Glad to hear Nate is in good shape. We are 20 miles S of College Station, had 4 in of rain and 60-70 mph gusts. No damage here. A few trees came down on my street. The whole town lost power at 08:30 Sat and got it back Wed @ 19:30. 5 days is enough. I'm glad the weather was cool. I ran a portable gen to keep the freezer & 1 fridge going. The newer fridge in the house got fried. It apparently didn't like the gen. My BIL has ordered a whole house 17.5kw backup that runs on propane. He's tired of searching for gas to keep the portables going. He was out of power for 19 days during Rita, only 3 days this time.

These episodes actually have the benefit of letting us know how prepared (or un-) we are. Can we survive on our own for any length of time. Good training exercise to get ready for something far worse.

Dad talked to friend of his over in LA, close to New Iberia. They just got new floors in after Gustaf. Now they have 4 ft of water in the house, again. Had 1/4 in of rain, all of it was storm surge. :shock:
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. - John Steinbeck
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

I live about 18 miles west of NKJ, near Winnie, TX. It is open country, rice farms and cattle grazing. The Gulf of Mexico is some 15 miles south of me. The storm surge deposited under a foot of water at my home (high and dry) but others were not so lucky. The salt water brought with it thousands of fresh water fish trying to outrun the salt intrusion. We now have thousands of dead fish, both salt and fresh water species, dead in the ditches. They're starting to stink!! Many houses in this area had 4 feet or more. They are just now starting to come out of the receeding water. MANY cattle were killed as were hogs and other wildlife. The highway was strewn with dead animals as this acted as a barrier. We were certainly saved, to some extent, as this area was suffering from a drought, so the ground soaked up much water.

TomF