The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Old Savage »

He was back at it the next day ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:29 pm He was back at it the next day ;-)
Why not? There's a job to do......"carbon fiber carbide tipped blade" ....WTF IS THAT? They make metal cutting wheels that are of a reinforced material that wear.....I've used dozens of these..they can't "blow up".....they make wood cutting blades that have carbide ripped teeth...they would not do nothing......they make metal blades with very small teeth that are carbide tipped but they can't "blow up" ......

Gunny....wtf is a carbon fiber carbide tipped blade?

Snow? One thing for sure it's COLD outtide.......just got back from Costco with another $1,000 worth of all kinds of non perishbable food and supplies.......let the riots begin and let it snow...

The mighty Kubota is all ready and dieseled up.
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...YOU WON!....what would you like for a prize?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:29 pm He was back at it the next day ;-)
Round these parts, that's called "normal".
Now, that may be cause we's stupid, or like the locals say, "tougher than a bag of hammers".
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:42 pm
Round these parts, that's called "normal".
Now, that may be cause we's stupid, or like the locals say, "tougher than a bag of hammers".
Sure is! Here too....you should have seen the "log splitter" I made one time out of black powder. I couldn't walk for a week.

Jay...what kind of a blade is O.S.talking about?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

All I can think of is a carbon fiber body with cemented carbide inserts.
Up here we use a hacksaw. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hacksaw!?!!!!! You guys that advanced?????!!! Geeze, down here I'm just learning to use a hammer and chisel and they are made out of bronze.

It's cold here Jay.....20 degrees and major wind gusts....how about in yo neck of de woods?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yeah, it's dropping now. It's 15 degrees with a good wind on it. Supposed to be 9 or 10 in the morning. The low for tomorrow is 3.
Still hasn't been real cold this winter.
Talked to Cody today. He has been doing some trapping and said it was 40 up there. Been warm.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Geeze...we haven't seen single digits in 10 years.

You want to see something really funny......Hitler finds out Joe Biden is President.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_HgTMh_vl0

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha. I know how he feels. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

CARBORUNDUM wheel! Yes fiberglass reinforced carborundum grit all held together with some sort of glue. And yes they do explode!! Even grinder wheels can explode, saw one let go in school. Just 1 more reason I NEVER wear shorts on the job sites... that 1 layer of Lee jeans ain't a flak jacket by any means but its something to stop/slow down / divert flying debris!

Ya better watch the commercial- err, weather channel! Coldest day of the year today, big storm headed our way Sunday through Tuesday! I gotta remember to plug my truck in when I get to the job this morning! Both pellet stoves are lit today!

Good news is nothing from Hersey this morning!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, what do I win? Been a while. Maybe 1 Model 53 in 32-20. A guy set me up in that caliber last year. Loaded a bunch. Go with my Buckeye Convertible.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Fred thats a much better prize than a carborundum wheel !!
Thermometer in my truck says 12°, wind gonna be blowing NW all day!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Almost 10 AM here and 44 degrees. Single digit temperatures? Nope! Not here!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I much prefer cold to our hot & humid summer! Sux when you are wet through just from walking outside!

Its up to about 20° but still blowing gale force.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Guuuunnnnyyyyy....
I read your answer on another post and the Amazon thingy that blocks calls....is there's a limit on how many numbers it can hold? I likely dat!!!!

Colder than a witches booby here.........just watched "no country for old men" again and again...this time I had the closed captions on and now understand it...WHAT A WHACKO!

Carburumbo blade or however you spell that....mmmmmm.....yea, I got a lot of them. Here's one for you mechanical guys...ever see a bearing blow up? Some years back I was cleaning the wheel bearings on my old '68 Firebird....degrease, oil....and then running compressed air on it making it spin while I was holding it my hand.....that baby was spinning! It blew up in my hand and broke most of my fingers. Well, I think they were broke as my hand swelled up like a football and was useless for a month....never did go to the hospital as I didn't want to get laughed at....

QUESTION OF THE DAY.....I'm watching commercials and GMC has this tailgate with 7,000 hinges on it and most likely adds $5,000 to the cost of the truck. HOW DOES THIS MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER? You still have to pay for it.------006

Fred, here's a takedown model 53 in 25-20 with a forward mounted Leupold scope on it...will it do? Made in '24

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Lose the scope and we're good.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Gunny....just handed the info to "Mrs. Debit Card" and it'll be on the way!

Fred.....no museum here. You got loot, I got the hardest to find guns......that means for a piece of cloth that has pictures of Benjamin Franklin on it, it can be YOURS!!!!!!! :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Alas, in the current environment I am neither buying or selling. I did however "invest" 12 Ben's in ordering the latest golf iron technology. Made in Meh he co then shipped through Tejas to Californ I a hopefully by mid Feb to head to Death Valley.

I do have a Marlin 25-20 that has yet to be adequately tested.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! I forgot! I have a CL Marlin too in 25-20.....I put a full length magazine on mine when I used it for cowboy action......

Thinking here,except for Piller the rest of us have really...really...really f.u. governors.....In Pa we have wolf, Gunny has some fat guy pig who looks like Chris Christy, you have the hopefully-soon-to-be-recalled denuted Newsome, Jay has...(I don't know but if it's anything like his senator, he's f 'ed too.

Hey Gunny, remember the jokes about Chris Cristy when the hurricane came through? People were saying that's all they had to do was to let Chris Cristy walk out in the ocean to block off the storm surge. :D
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Unfortunately, the Demoncrats have already started putting money into a run by that professional computer hacker Beta the meth addict O'Rourke for Governor. Last I heard was that he won the 2023 election by 150,000 votes, and that 31 million of Texas'29 million total population have already voted by mail.
The USPS says the deciding votes will be under the desk no later than 72 hours after the cutoff time.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Piller...that is a sordid tale. Look here, you have more IQ behind your ear than I have in my whole head so I need an explanation.........I made the mistake of sitting down while the news was on.....THEY ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT THE NEXT ELECTION and who's going to run, taking back the house, taking back the senate, blah...blah ....like, I always thought politicians had to do some work before the next election......what do they do, spend all of their time planning the next election right after they won their present seat?

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If they actually do ANYTHING,then the NEWS can attack them for whatever they want it to sound like. The more nothing they actually do, the more likely they are to be Re-Elected, given book deals, and be placed on lucrative committee assignments.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

6 - what kind of accuracy did you get with your Marlin CL 25-20 ?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It's an MOA gun...for real, no b.s. to 100 meters....I never put it on paper past that....

Here's the "fine line"...it's MOA with jacketed bullets......with cast gas checked bullets it's a 1-2" gun....sometimes it will put ten into an inch and other times I'll get flyers out to 5".....with lower velocities at or below 1400 it's a shooter.

I've tried a lot of tricks and only have been marginally successful.....it's pretty much the same with ALL 25-20's I've owned EXCEPT a Remington pump 25 which will shoot anything MOA.

Thanks for the other..----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My Savage 23B is a tack driver with 60 gr Hornadys. Fair with 86s both feed from the mag. 75s I have to feed by hand. I sure would like a 25/20 levergun, it's one of my favorite cartridges, will handle from tree rat to Bambi with aplomb. Plus a guy can carry A LOT of Ammo!

13 degrees this morning, have a winter storm watch, 6-9" of snow to come Sunday evening until Monday evening. Gotta get the chains on the ranger, gas her up and wait for the fun!

Six I believe the Magic Button can block thousands of numbers!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Zero this morning. Luckily, the wind mostly dropped off.
Going back to the weekend shift next week so I'm off till next Friday. Hoping to get in a little time at the lot this week.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

About mid 50s here and mist.
D. Brian Casady
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Mid 50s, sunny here - OK for golf, would prefer warmer.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

About 10 and sunny. Beautiful day to be out and about. Doesn't feel the least bit cold. Ran over to Bangor. Stopped in the trading post in Newport to see what they had for Hudson Bay axes.
This place, for whatever reason, always has a good supply of powder and primers. Even during shortages. Stripped! Absolutely nothing for ammo, guns, loading supplies. I wasn't looking, as I'm in good shape, but it was surreal. I've never seen that place like that.

No axes either.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

5 here in southern Maine this morning. -5 with the wind chill! Don't like it to much at all. At least the sun is shinning thru the kitchen window bringing in some bright light. It's to cold to do any shooting! I was thinking of shooting my Marlin 1894 in 44 mag sometime soon. Snowstorm coming in this Tuesday! Look's like a nor'easter! Could be our biggest snowfall this season. I guess I'll refill the bird feeders and watch the bluebird's this cold day! Enjoy your weekend gentleman! :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

JOG wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 pm 5 here in southern Maine this morning. -5 with the wind chill! Don't like it to much at all. At least the sun is shinning thru the kitchen window bringing in some bright light. It's to cold to do any shooting! I was thinking of shooting my Marlin 1894 in 44 mag sometime soon. Snowstorm coming in this Tuesday! Look's like a nor'easter! Could be our biggest snowfall this season. I guess I'll refill the bird feeders and watch the bluebird's this cold day! Enjoy your weekend gentleman! :D
You guys have any on the ground down there?
I'm up on the Kennebec a ways. We don't have much, maybe 10". It was about 0 thus morning.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep, got the Ranger out, put the chains on it just to be ready! Got the plow pivots lubed up too. Snowblower is now sitting in the garage ready to start the party! Last forecast I saw says 6-9" here. Quite a balmy 28 degrees, much nicer than the past couple days!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JOG wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 pm 5 here in southern Maine this morning. -5 with the wind chill! Don't like it to much at all. At least the sun is shinning thru the kitchen window bringing in some bright light. It's to cold to do any shooting! I was thinking of shooting my Marlin 1894 in 44 mag sometime soon. Snowstorm coming in this Tuesday! Look's like a nor'easter! Could be our biggest snowfall this season. I guess I'll refill the bird feeders and watch the bluebird's this cold day! Enjoy your weekend gentleman! :D
Oh Lordy....another Mainester! Yea, hang around with the rest of us misfits......we don't do much more than tell lies and sometimes fanny burp on each other...

5 degrees! Haven't seen that in years but it was somewhat common as a kid growing up and well into the eighties.

Not much happening here either......got to bed around 3 and at 6 my buzzer goes off, dogs started barking, technology kicks into high gear......I grab a full auto m-4 "enhanced" which is set for 3 round bursts then I hear this cussing from outdoors......my daughter dropping off her two Frenchies as she's on another skiing trip....THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW, YOU TART.

Have a hard time getting back to sleep......

Yea, more snow I hear.....

Gunny.....I'll keep that Marlin for you if you ever want it as I'm always being deluged for my S.....lots of vultures out there.

Yea Piller...the English high command don't want their little people enjoying life too much so they give them the ugly stuff.......pretty much like they do here......

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

OldWin wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:12 pm
You guys have any on the ground down there?
I'm up on the Kennebec a ways. We don't have much, maybe 10". It was about 0 thus morning.
Not much on the ground down here in York county. Maybe two or three inches on the ground. Look's like a nor'easter going to hit Tuesday! I stopped down at Kittery Trading Post the other day. They had brick's of Federal 22 long rifle for $50.00 a brick. The shelves are bare! No Winchester's or Marlin's on the shelves'! Nothing else for ammo except Shotgun shell's. They had 5 round boxes' of 00 buckshot for $5.99 a box! I've never seen that place so empty! Sad state of affair's!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:28 pm
Oh Lordy....another Mainester! Yea, hang around with the rest of us misfits......we don't do much more than tell lies and sometimes fanny burp on each other...

5 degrees! Haven't seen that in years but it was somewhat common as a kid growing up and well into the eighties.

Not much happening here either......got to bed around 3 and at 6 my buzzer goes off, dogs started barking, technology kicks into high gear......I grab a full auto m-4 "enhanced" which is set for 3 round bursts then I hear this cussing from outdoors......my daughter dropping off her two Frenchies as she's on another skiing trip....THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW, YOU TART.

Have a hard time getting back to sleep......

Yea, more snow I hear.....

Gunny.....I'll keep that Marlin for you if you ever want it as I'm always being deluged for my S.....lots of vultures out there.

Yea Piller...the English high command don't want their little people enjoying life too much so they give them the ugly stuff.......pretty much like they do here......
Thanks for the warm welcome Sixgun! You all seem like a great bunch of guy's! I mostly read all the post's. I'll add a comment or two from time to time. I mostly just learn about about firearms from some of you well seasoned old boy's! I'm getting up there myself. 57 year's old and feel 70!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Joe Biden is MY PAL! I hear $1,400 is coming our way. Good 'ole Uncle Joe

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sure I will take a handout from them. Why not? If you can't win the election because of their cheating, take their money. All of it.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

13-18" of snow now! Starting at 5pm today until Tuesday. Going to be a slow moving system- a good ol Nor'Easter!

I'll take that $1400, use some of that to buy a Marlin 25-20! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:50 am 13-18" of snow now! Starting at 5pm today until Tuesday. Going to be a slow moving system- a good ol Nor'Easter!

I'll take that $1400, use some of that to buy a Marlin 25-20! :D
I haven't looked but I think they are calling for a foot here.
5 below zero this morning.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Keeping the snow many miles away in the mountains for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Started snowing just after I got home from bird ' watching , warm here compared to up north- 23°.

Claro really enjoyed the bird watching, she watched 5 birds go right into shot strings! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

50° here and Sunny. Beautiful day.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room....XLV

Post by Sixgun »

Man!!! You guys get to have alll the fun....it's boring here...just a few snow flakes....reminds me of a mess of little liberals floating around all getting ready to have a melt down!

I've decided to sell that Marlin 25-20....in the box!....$1,400...... :D ...just think, you can have a "free" 25-20. Just b.b.

A foot of snow? Whew, I have to be careful if I decide to take a leak outside.....sure hope the snow if fluffy and soft.

Dang Gunny.....you were up ...shooting birds...and back...before I even got up.

IS THAT FRED WITH A BEARD? For real..it makes you look very distinguished. You guys ever see a "bearded clam"?....----6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

No Six, not me but this is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

UPDATE
Now the weather Channel is saying 18+" for us by the time this storm is done !! I'd much rather have a 6" storm weekly than these big ones..
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Either way, you still have some dogs enjoying it.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:35 pm UPDATE
Now the weather Channel is saying 18+" for us by the time this storm is done !! I'd much rather have a 6" storm weekly than these big ones..
Nope.
Give me cold weather and "the big one" every time.
When you get continual small to medium storms all the time, there is more chance to loose control of the cleanup and end up with a driven on and icy driveway.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun R

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Do you guys remember (maybe only Fred) the "Dobie Gillis" show? It was all about life in S.F. and the beatnik generation....On the show they had "The Thinker" sculpture and it starred Bob Denver of Gilligans Island fame. Anyway, to get to the point I BELIEVE Old Savage was a beatnik by his picture. Beatniks were cool, up to date, progressive thinkers, free love, help-everyone-else, cool, down-to-earth people. A musical group that were real deal beatniks were "Peter, Paul, and Mary" who's well known song was "Puff the Magic Dragon" which was weed.

The only "Puff the Magic Dragon" I ever knew was the G.E.Mini Gun that was mounted on helicopter gunships in Vietnam and that spewed out 6,000 rounds a minute of .308's.

Well Fred....were you a beatnik? -----------L-----