Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Sixgun »

.45colt wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:44 am Wow Six is up Early today....! and He has a heatwave there. high of 28* today for us , snowed all night but it was warm yesterday so only about 2" stuck. wind blowing like a gale all night ,power went out yesterday , like the smart Geezer I am left the Generator hooked up all winter. not to worry Momma . it sure starts fast when you move the choke in the right direction......after about 20 pulls . :oops: . at least nobody was watching. :lol: .
Hey 45.....yea....up at 10......sometimes I wake up and I know there's no going back to sleep as I have this project going on downstairs and whenever I start a project, I can't rest until it's all done....nervous energy that needs to be depleted...

Generators of any decent size have big motors on them, like 9 or 10 horse...mine is an average size 6500/7500 and has a ?....I don't remember but it's hard to pull, especially when it's cold outsides. If the motor is not perfect, it will beat ya to death. Rich guys like Old Savage just hire people to do the pulling or get the expensive self starters.....he keeps a guy on retainer to do his heavy work like changing rolls of toilet paper or watering the plants...

Jay sent me some pictures of his Harley...they do things differently in Maine.---006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We have a guy to clean the sensor contacts on the elevator. Hmmm 127?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Never noticed Fred......I'll take Jays new Harley for a prize.....

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bonus :!: these came up under model 127. Perfect for when gk comes to visit. Car could go on the truck and maybe set up a tent back there ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Wow! Jay's new ride is sweet, a flex frame that won't beat You to death and springer front end. !! about 20 bottles of Winchester Red stock stain and that baby would really pop. I don't think it would be safe to keep down south though, the termites would eat it..... :D .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thats a LORRY, Britain doesn't have trucks.

Wonder if that Harley is made out of pressure treated- otherwise no riding in the rain or itll fall apart like the early 2000s Toyota pickups! :lol:

Well I just walked the upstream mile of the club, we stock next weekend and its nice to know there are no trees down!

Well TTFN !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ssshhhhhhhhh !.........quiet......Jay is still sleeping........

What kind of a vehicle is that.....2 cylinder nothings....where's the bumper for the Lorry to protect that monstrous radiator?

Still cold in Maine....Jay is snow plowing.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Now I've seen everything- a snow plow for plumbers! :lol:

Talk about snow, its been off & on here, while driving home from the club i drove into a squall with aspirations of being a blizzard!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm up.......I'm up.
Ain't slept for garbage this weekend. Just one more.

Hey! The Spruce Goose!

Six,
That is a Suzuki Samurai. They haven't made them since the mid 80s. They are SMALL. Had a little 4 banger, but they were live axle with leaf springs and could be built into a good wheeler for tight country. I know a guy who has 2 or 3. He swapped in a 3 cylinder diesel. A set of 33s look huge on one. Takes a fair amount of lift.
Most of em are all gone up here. Still see a few. They were popular tow rugs behind motor homes.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah and they would tip over in a turn if ya were driving like a Nascar driver!

Coolest off road i ever saw was one of those gull wing doors Mercedes sports cars , body was dropped onto i guess a jeep frame, 44" tires & a ton of lift & a big block. Every time I saw it it was covered in mud!

I think Six was more impressed by the plow on the samurai.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Daughters went wheeling down by the Oscars in Lanes new BMW 330I and down dirt roads in Franklin Canyon with her sister driving. :shock:

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I used to see those little 4 wheelers (Suzuki) all the time back in the day...to me they looked like junk but I guess every vehicle has its silver lining.....

30 degrees now....down to 22 tonight.....HATE the winter.

Who got the new Beemer? daughter? I don't know nothing about them other than they cost a lot of loot. The Oscars ....as we all know.....is on its last leg and that leg is on a banana peel. 9 mil viewers last year compared to 57 at Y2K...imagine, giving awards to themselves while the little people sit back in amazement......and follow....

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

IMO, most foreign cars are over rated. Many are worse than that. The TWO exceptions, in my opinion, are BMW and Mercedes.
My wife has driven Jeep wagons forever, but she took a hiatus from 2007 till 2018, in which time she had 2 BMWs. (She did keep her 04 Grand Cherokee till 2012, however. ). She had the X-drive all wheel drive in the 328xi. Fantastic cars. For driving on snow covered roads, I have NEVER driven a vehicle as good in the snow. It's also the only vehicle I have driven that put power to the front wheels that had ZERO feedback in the steering. It drives like a rear drive car that never spins.
There is only one dealer in the whole state. It was over a 100 miles south of us. For 4 years or 50k miles, they would come get the car, take it down for service, leave us another one, and bring it back for free.
I asked one time how they can do that so far. The guy said they had customers in Caribou. That's over 300 miles one way. :shock: Guess they wanted to stay the only dealer.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The only Oscar's I care about is,
Oscar the grouch - gone woke so forget that.
Oscar Meyer- I despise lunch meat - so forget that
Oscar Madison, can't remember the last time I watched the Odd Couple ( although Felix was a real deal PITA!)

Around here, it seems like all bmw drivers drive like awholes. What I want to know is do you instantly become an awhole when you sign the papers or does corporate send you to school for it? ( no I'm NOT suggesting Kristy is in this group! )

16.5 here this morning, a NW wind time to bundle up again .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey, don't go writing off them Suzuki 4x4s I had one and my son had three all did what was on the label :D .
My son not only depleted the Squirrel population he also gave me a real stinking cold when he and his gorgeous wife came to stay....completely knackered my whole weekend.. :(
The cars to watch out for with A hole drivers over here is Volvo's..... :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well gk, yesterday I had roast beef, chocolate cake and Rolling Rock beer for dinner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I didn't eat for 24 hrs. Just drank water. I will make up for it now, I'm starving....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:44 am The only Oscar's I care about is,
Oscar the grouch - gone woke so forget that.
Oscar Meyer- I despise lunch meat - so forget that
Oscar Madison, can't remember the last time I watched the Odd Couple ( although Felix was a real deal PITA!)

Around here, it seems like all bmw drivers drive like awholes. What I want to know is do you instantly become an awhole when you sign the papers or does corporate send you to school for it? ( no I'm NOT suggesting Kristy is in this group! )

16.5 here this morning, a NW wind time to bundle up again .
Oh oh Gunny! You're gonna end up on the same list Six is on.
No, don't worry buddy.
As to your question, I don't know. She had the only one in town I think. She used to take a lot of heat from customers when she parked it at the office, but in reality, it cost less than most of the pickups the customers drove.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Sure you didn't have the chicom flu? Glad you are feeling better!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:51 am I didn't eat for 24 hrs. Just drank water. I will make up for it now, I'm starving....
Sorry buddy. When I first read this I figured it was prep for a Dr's visit. Sorry if you're under the weather John.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks guys, I don't think it came from China my son brought it from Newcastle and he tested negative for the China pox. Hope to be firing on all cylinders by tomorrow..
Nobody's putting anything where the sun don't shine either.... :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nobody's putting anything where the sun don't shine either.... :lol:

Between bidens ears?
Last edited by GunnyMack on Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mmmmmm...so THATS why Jay never said anything about Kristy driving a BMW as I have made many references to BMW drivers being what Gunny said they were.....No...no...Jay......we don't lump everyone in the same pile even with my tunnel vision.....

Not all people of any group are the same but I can tell you one thing..........

Around here it's rare for any domestic manufactured car to be in my rear view window 6" from my bumper.....the vehicle least likely to be a "bossy-get-out-of-my-way-as-my-life-is-more-important-than-yours" driver is an old pick up........sign of a redneck salt-of-the-earth individual.

Kristy has class....I saw that the moment you guys came in the driveway......she walks and talks and dresses class and she likes to drive class......that's a good thing..........you and I are just too lazy or cheap or have our priorities set elsewhere to deal with the maintenance costs of a foreign vehicle.......

My daughter's other half drives one of those long sedan Beemers......this guy is a flaming a.h......I won't even be in the same room wth him.....

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You guys see that 73 car pile up on I81? Trucks burning, a few dead. Snow squalls are not something to trifle with!
Been snowing off & on all day, cold too! Hi today was 26 low was 16 and blowing- of course we were out in it all day. Feels like Maine :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey....look at GK for an example....he's a cool Englishman!

Gunny......a cool New Jersian

Fred......A cool Californian

Tom......a cool Pennsylvanian

Don't know where 45 Colt lives but my guess is he's cool....a former union man...

Harry.....heck, from Montana...he's got to be a redneck.

You pick me out on anything...I live in the proper state....dress like a redneck.....drive redneck.....live redneck.....cut grass redneck.....but I do have an uppity Nightforce scope.

BUT........DID YOU GUYS HEAR ABOUT THE OSCARS......and Will Smith punching Chris Rock?.....I say it was staged to get attention.......and THAT proves what I've been saying all along....you put one bro in the group and it all goes to hell in a hand basket.....

No Gunny....didn't see no snow squalls driving...hell, I don't even drive in sunshine....

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Six don't know.. :cry: :cry: :cry: ..Now I'm really hurt.....it's in my signature line. If you take a Rossi by the Barrel and throw it five times you will be in Lake Erie. clean the barrel out , fire a shot and You will have Walleyes to eat for a year. now you can sell the Rossi's for $800.00 :lol:
The Oscars..... :lol: ..... And like I told My Wife, "at least they kept it All in the Family....
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

See?...I got you pegged out right Captain 45 Colt.......you have to see my motive for busting down on Rossi's......you don't hear me say nothing on the Jap guns even though they used our soldiers for live bayonet practice.....Jap guns are top notch.....if enough peop le see it in print on Rossi's reputation maybe Rossi will take heed and up their quality control......it's a safe bet to say 95% of people would gladly pay an extra 100 dollars for better quality control....

That's all there's is to it...I'm glad Rossi puts firearms in the hands of American citizens.....we need all the help we can get.

Most gun owners are NOT gun people......I feel confident that I can strip a Rossi down in 30 minutes and another 2 hours of fitting and polishing to get a fine operating gun.......most people can't do that and it leaves them frustrated so they will either do one of three things....leave it in the corner, complain to deaf ears, or have a gunsmith work it over.......

Remember when we were kids in the 60's and if we saw anything stamped, "made in Japan" we would laugh and toss it to the side? Well, Japan got the hint and look at them now. Remember in the 80's how American cars would come out of the factory with parts misaligned and everyone complained so they bought Jap cars? American cars are great today.......

I fully expect Rossi management to hear about that "Sixgun guy" and make the necessary changes. :D

Oh! The "Captain" surname.....you live by the water so your the captain of a yacht.......the name of the yacht? The "006"-- :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

HERE YA GO ........FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT THINK WE ARE BEING WATCHED.....

This S happens all the time ......you write or speak certain items and the next thing ya know, it comes up in an advertisement......

I wrote about BMW's and Nightforce scopes 15 minutes before I switched to see what was going on on MSN......Pictures will speak a thousand words...so to speak....NO....it's not a coincidence.......here is a pic of how I see my iPad.........note times of my writing and at the top of the iPad........BMW and scopes on one page...

These no good m..............fees know everything about us.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Aaaaannnndddddd...my last post until later on in the evening......I have things to do and people to watch and dogs to walk....

I was walking around the house looking under and over and inbetween everything looking for my Skoal......asked mom and she said, "your dumber everyday".

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

So not long after I posted before the power went out! Still out, gonna be out till at least 630. 53% of the township is out. The outage map shows " damaged equipment ". The grid up here is state of the art (for 1950) !
Of course I have an executive meeting this evening for the club. Not much faith in that happening as its a virtual meeting via zoom.

Hey Six, buy a Rossi, send it up here and let me work it over and we'll see just how good they are. Heck ill even over strike the Rossi name with my letter stamps. SIXCHESTER
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Back in the Day when I used Skoal I got a lot of free Beer in the local Bars. Walt Garrison a retired football player went to the rodeo circuit and did an Add for Skoal that was all over T.V. I'd pull out My Can and say "Hi My names Walt Garrison, I don't smoke but I still enjoy the fine fresh flavor or Real tobacco, just a pinch between my cheek and gum gives me real tobacco flavor and don't tie up My hands....as He's riding a horse..... Did I say Free beer ...... :D .
Six, You can beat on the Rossi's all You want that's fine .most of the issues can easily be fixed even by Me. the Guns I despise are the usrac and Winchester guns with the rebounding safety's , where they basically ruined the gun. sure Send it to Turnbull to have it fixed for big $$$ , remove the rebounder bla, bla, bla. I say make lamp stands out of all of them . I have had many Jap guns that were 100% reliable and have no problems with them as long as they don't have the rebounder.
Last edited by .45colt on Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. My kid even used to give her heat about it. He used to say she can park it at the intersection in Brighton and charge 10 bucks for people to have their picture taken with it.
She did take a lot of ribbing over those stupid cars. And, she is a wicked introvert, believe it or not. In spite of always working with the public. And she is just one of those people that attracts attention. It's funny how some people are like that.
Anyway......that brings up something....
It has been an eventful year for her. She has had a complete career change (she doesn't like change either).
She managed the insurance office for over 20 years. She grew that business exponentially and was completely loyal to the owner. He was basically not there, and she ran it completely, while he had no worries. When I went to weekends, she had extra time with nobody around, so she thought she would work a few part time hours at the grocery store. Take up some time, and the extra cash would pay for our Alaska trips. They made her the evening shift leader. She liked it because there was no stress compared to the office.
The owner of the agency was livid. It took nothing from her job, in fact, shoppers who were insurance customers could ask her questions. He was benefitting. Instead, he made her life miserable, biting the hand that fed him. He continually ragged on her. When her 20th anniversary came, other agencies took the time to congratulate her. Corporate made a point to acknowledge her contributions. He....never mentioned it.
All this time, the store recognized what they had. She got employee of the month, then the year. They begged her to take a full time management position.
Finally, after almost 2 years of this juvenile DB's abuse, she told the manager at the store what she would need for salary to do come full time. He happily agreed. She told him it would be a while, as she didn't have a job she could just walk away from. It would take time to transfer the office to someone.
When she gave her notice, she said she would stay 2 months for a transition. Her boss, after 20 years, told her to leave. She flipped her keys and card on his desk and walked out.
For a week after, he called and texted multiple times to get her back. It finally dawned on him just how screwed he is. People have left in droves. This is a small town, and he has seen my wife has way more friends than he does. He cannot run it, and it has slowly spiraled down. He lives pretty high and now he is feeling the financial squeeze.
OFW. This guy is dead to me. Treat my wife like that and the best thing I can do is avoid this guy.
Anyway......sorry for the ramble boys.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...work is done...(30 minutes)..... :D ......

Jay, Kristy went through a lot of emotional turmoil as a change of jobs is no easy feat.....everything changes.....and who wants change after 20 years....hell, I don't like change after a week.

I can see her old boss now, all high and mighty and telling her to leave...yes, a first class d.b.....and not too smart of a businessman........I agree, she couldn't go back as he would use her like a wet rag until he learned what needed to be learned and then there would be another bye-bye, probably by phone. No testicle individual....

45 Colt.....you may be misinterpreting me.....I think Rossi's are a great addition to the USA....they just need to be called on the QC....... we here are "gun guys"...eat, sleep and breathe guns and what makes em tick.......most guys are not......it's for those "guys who are not" that I rally for.......

"The Gunny" can make em tick 100% and I believe I'm a 95%er as long as the parts are all there and somewhat in spec....power out?...I kind of like it when the power goes out as most people where I live are BMW, Volvo, Mercedes Benz, or Audi types and can't open a can of food unless it has a pull tab on it.....totally dependent on other people ...you know, Biden voters.---006

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've only owned 1 Rossi. It's 25 or 30 years old. I've had it all apart and looked it over. I also have original Winchesters and have had those apart as well.
I realize it's a sample of one, but here is my observation.
My guess is that the time mine was made, the fixtures and machine tools were quite worn. The biggest difference in making a rifle in 1905 and making one now is that nothing can be hand fitted if you want to turn a profit. So, once your equipment wears, or you don't have the manufacturing support in tooling and programming, well, you are making junk.
That is really the only difference between a Rossi and Miroku.

As to mine, there is evidence of this. Finishes inside are rougher than they should be. And certainly worse than an original. Dimensionally, I'm not sure, because I didn't measure, but in reality if they were off much in a few critical areas, they wouldn't work at all. They seem to try and make up for the roughness by using heavier than correct springs. I cleaned mine up and put in lighter springs. It fed everything before, and it feeds everything now. The worst thing in mine is undoubtedly the ejector. The stem is so rough at to be impossible to fix without weakening it. The fit isn't great either. This is the part I would like to replace on mine. The rest isn't bad, but I did some smoothing up.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Doing bookkeeping for taxes, check in on all these going’s on later

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

ALERt! ALERT! Did you guys know that Winchesters, Marlins, Colts, Smith & Wessons and Remington's .....back in the day---before WW ONE and possibly into the twenties......were NEVER inexpensive guns. The average guy had to save up quite a while to buy one. After WW 1, technology improved, profits were put above craftsmanship and we were introduced to the "Roaring Twenties" ........blah...blah....the Great Depression came upon those poor souls and Winchester was scrapping out parts to pay their limited payroll.....then WW2 came with even more advanced technology and the average guy was actually able to invest in the stock market......and wanted a return.........

We all know people are never satisfied with how much money they have so the investors wanted more and more money which led us to 1964, when j.u.n.k.was introduced.....these guns shot well but lacked serious craftsmanship which the companies just could not afford so to stay in business they adopted even more advanced technology and lots of short cuts.

Blah..blah...the guy who swept the floor wanted $30 an hour...blah blah and then foreign companies got in on the action as they pay their workers .25 cents a month while China uses slave labor and the workers sleep in cardboard boxes.

Meanwhile, the people in this country ALL want to be millionaires and drive Mercedes Benzes and BMW's....(sorry Jay :D )

The Japs used technology and added a brain with it....Craftsmanship still lacks with them....nothing in general issue today matches the craftsmanship of guns made before about 1914.....

Common rule....if you don't know what real craftsmanship is, you will be happy with a stick that holds a cartridge.

Have a nice day as I HAVE been ordered to go to the supermarket and get 2 roasted chickens for the dogs....aggravation never ends.......----006
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The bros are slappin each other around on the stage and you are worried about 1914 craftsmanship :?: :?: :?:

Check the videos. The Oscar’s are tryin to prove they like the bros and whatever the gals are called. Bros be callin them Hoes

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, I have had a couple Mirokus and have a couple of the latest Rossis. Similar in smoothness. Haven’t taken any of them apart. QC maybe different over the years but if we are going to cherry pick Winchesters back to 90 years ago that is a pretty narrow band. Picking the worst of one and the best of the other??? I have had one 45 Colt Win 94, it had to be held in a certain position to reliably feed. The Rossis feed fine.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now if I ever get to see a Win 92 I can make some comparison. But right now … not happening and a pre 1914. Really not happenin’ I am guessing.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Check on it. The bros are all kiss and make up now. Who cares, not me, about it or the Oscars. Lost their meaning years ago.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred.....that's what I call thinking......Hollywood says, "do as I say, not as I do". I still think it was all staged as it takes a near crisis to get people to watch something as boring as the Oscars.....

Why don't we have a Leverguns Oscar?....we could have.... "Best Thread"....."Best Contributor"......."Most Knowledgable"........"Most Interesting"........"Nicest Gun Collection"........"Best & Most Desireable Winchesters and Colts"........then after the awards are given, most likely to the Politically Incorrect Thread .......we could be liberal and have other awards because everyone goes home with a trophy........Categories like, "Most Useless"......"Biggest Drunk"........."Most Likely to Get Suckered Into a Raw Deal"......or possibly, "The Most Off Topic Question Ever Asked".......that last one rung a bell when someone asked, "what color socks do you wear when picking up a loaf of bread?"

Let your imagination go wild......"Biggest Loser"....."Best Supporting Loser"....."Most Married"......."Most amount of Children With Different Wives"....."Most Amount of Children With Shack Ups"......."Best Car That You Live In."......."Man Who Can Operate The Most Machines"....and sub-awards to the machines such as "rubber machine"....."pin ball machine"....."crow bar"....."broom"..... :D

Everyone gets a prize....you in? :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Sure is a snazzy hat you have on...my buddy Gary always wears the same style......he was here a couple of weeks ago and had the same style hat on......I thought that was of Irish origination......

I wear this one everyday........keeps people away from me....notice the gun that the snake is coiled on?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

.Image

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

OS,
I wasn't excluding Winchester. As like Six said, as the 20th century went on, it was impossible to stay profitable with that kind of labor intense manufacturing. And regarding the old guns, there wasn't a need to cherry pick. They were all of exceptional quality by today's standards.
Sometimes, there is more to a firearm than if it just feeds, fires, and ejects. There is an intangible feel.
Otherwise, we'd all just have Glocks and ARs. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea Jayster......"that intangible feel" that just does not come from any gun made in the last 75 years...or more.....the solidness of the walnut.......operating the action, the feel and sound of forged parts rubbing against each other......the closeness of the wood to metal fit......

Some years back I ordered an extractor for a '92 in 32-20....the only part that broke on that gun after 6-7000 rounds.......the extractor came ($30?) and it shattered when I slipped it in the bolt.......j.u.n.k. cast.......called Buckinghams and he sent me a real deal forged/machined one from an original........

I've read stories about the old walnut stocks...came from the North where it takes longer to grow.......I still have those logs out back that I have to get cut....better do it this year or they are gonna be firewood....or rotted...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I saw this on the web under "redneck solutions". What a great way of drying shoes.

Did you ever try to drill out a washer....they are hardened.......check this out....you can drill right through a penny to any size you want...easily.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, you should be writing for Hollywood. Yes, absolutely many categories and who will ever know how much has been “staged” here: Rossis, Jay Bird, that list could go all night. Who did what to who when and why? Guys making off with expensive Colt’s

OW, I read that Winchester was operating a large custom shop with tooling driven by overhead belts. Probably should compare Rossis from Steve’sGunz or steaks that come off my grill.

Say, I was thinking gk could be a river boat captain and run an offshore gambling operation.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have some prized Wins, Colts, Marlins selected and Savages selected from what I have seen come through the Gun Shop and Going Great Guns over the last 30 years or so. I like the stuff that is in the main stream but examples where everything seems to come together.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Lets look at another difference from 1900 Winchester to current Rossi.
The steels used.
As Jay will attest the variations in steel formulas today are mind boggling. What Winchester used were 'soft' steels. Easy to machine, cut, manipulate. Those qualities add to ease of fitting, gentle wearing of parts.
Who knows what the formula is that Rossi uses ?
Stainless steels are a bear to machine, polish and work.

Now look at Ruger, investment cast frames. In school, engraving class one of the first things we were told is don't try to engrave Rugers. The mix of steel used are hard, soft and in between, all on the same frame! This is also noticeable when a Ruger come out of the blueing tanks, most will be reddish. You'll go crazy having to constantly sharpen gravers. Can it be done? Sure but you are gonna regret it.

My take is without 100 years of use a Rossi can't compare but it has the ability to become very good...eventually.

As to QC well that's an issue that might never be resolved.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!