My "Last" List... What would yours look like...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: My "Last" List... What would yours look like...?

Post by Blaine »

I ain't doing, or buying my last anything. Except maybe exerting myself too hard. I'll keep my options open. I think I'll pare down guns and toys a bunch. I just might like to spend several years on the road. You know, find a place, stay a month or two to save up some more gas money, and head on down the road. When I get too feeble, I'll cash it out, pass it to my Daughter, and go wait on the steps of the Old Soldier's Home in Orting until they feel sorry for me and take me in.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I already own enough "stuff". Lots of guns sitting neglected in the safe that need working out. I do have some family situations that I need to straighten out before I cash in. A weird thought has been haunting me. If I really got all things squared away it would be the first time in my life. I would be afraid that if I actually did it would mean "curtain time". Most my old family bought cemetery lots etc before they died. In fact I do have a paid for grave site myself but I was a bachelor and am now married and I dont think there is a vacant one near it. Besides its about 2,400 miles away.
Day before yesterday I think I ate something bad. I had kidney stones before and thought this must be a big one! I seldom hurt that bad in my life. Never woke the wife up but made it to the living room thinking this may well be it! It gives you pause and your mind go`s to lifes mysterys and what used to seem important doesnt come up. Think it might have been the pea soup.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Well, I'm breaking-in my "last" pair of White's Packers.. The "V-Bar" Vibram soles are still a bit stiff, but are starting to ease up a bit, after a couple days wear.. The 10" boots are a perfect fit, and very comfortable.. Can't wait for the opportunity to give them a serious, full-blown workout..

I also have a paid-for burial plot, but mine is still 450 miles away.. Fortunately, it is "tradeable" in the event I have some say as to where I want to be dumped in a hole..

Winter's coming, and I may have to put my "last" list on a back burner for a while, next to my Bucket List...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BUCK ELLIOTT-- thank you for starting this thread, it's been a great read. Lots of interesting responses...but more than that it's given me an opportunity to pause, reflex, think, and consider how good my 50+ years have been...never owned a pair of cowboy style boots, just a transplanted urban NY kid that has burned up allot of asphalt with a good pair of "Chuck Taylor's"... again, I want to thank you... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the posts all. Going through much of the same. Good luck and Godspeed.
It is not the critic who counts