How Cute Is This ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Re: How Cute Is This ?

Post by Panzercat »

AJMD429 wrote:This little Ruger 10/22 spinoff in pistol form would be more compact, and hold more rounds... :twisted:

http://www.zipfactory.com/pages/ZIPGun.aspx
Don't do it. Seriously, watch a youtube video or two of people using it first.
It's an ergonomic nightmare of wierd handling and putting your fingers next to the barrel to reset the striker. Most of the reviews flat out state that it's a jam-o-matic.

I love the concept, but execution seems to be failing hard.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Slow is just slow.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

game keeper wrote:The build quality of the 9mm shotgun (same action) in the video looks suspect to me almost toy like.. :(
I'm hoping to find a shotgun version over here that has had some use so I can see if they hold up.
The action looks like it's cast from a zinc alloy (zamac?) and spray painted black the barrel side being a cast alloy monoblock with the steel barrel press fitted into it. I have a CO2 1911 BB gun that has cleaner casting than this Kimar. Not very confidence inspiring close up. :roll:

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

cas mentioned that the Badger felt "loose' and wavy when he examined one.I have experienced nothing of the sort with the one I own.It is tight when open and very solid feeling with the action closed.
I have just this week mounted a reflex holo sight on it.Changes the look quite a bit.The peep sight was accurate enough but I just have to see how the holo sight will do.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
rogn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rogn »

Years ago, I bought my son n Italian made .410 O/U that broke normally and folded double. He was about 12 at the time and was able to manipulate it well. The quality was reasonable and the price was right. He still has it, and I cant get a pict of it currently. Cant remember the name of it either. Gettin' old has a lot of short comings. Its really a good compromise short range defense, game getter, compact, function all the time unit. I have to wonder when they will come up w/ some sort of hi-performance 410 rounds for the long guns, like they've done for the faddish revolvers. The current 419 slug load is not a lot better than a 22 rimfire mag.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, both Federal (Premium PD412JGE & PD413JGE) & Winchester (PDX1-410), and most likely others, make/sell .410 self-defense loads for shotgun or handgun. (Google ".410 self defense loads" for more)

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/handgun.aspx

http://www.winchester.com/Products/New- ... 1-410.aspx

Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

That picture of the casting shows as noted very shoddy workmanship on what looks like a zinc type metal.The Little Badger looks NOTHING like that.It is very precision machined and very obviously made of steel.Very neat and clean looking breech.
I tried the holo sight today at the gun club and after five shots I took it off.I could not see the reticule very well in bright sunshine and I could shoot much better with just the iron sights.
As I said before I am very very taken with the handiness and accuracy of the little rifle.It's going to be the best walk I the woods rifle I have ever owned.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion