guns in your will

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

No,I am faced with that as well; and would rather commit them to the ocean than have them fall into the wrong hands!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

donw wrote:here in the land of wonderous legislation, california, i read some where you cannot will a firearm to ANYONE without undergoing the ususal background check, registration and paying mthe ususal fees.

a father cannot give to a son or vice versa without going thru the DOJ here. :roll:

i would have my son(s) melt my firearms down before surrendering them to the DOJ.

if i'm wrong, please tell me so.
Jut put a note in the will that says, "This 'X' gun belongs to my son, So and So, and was on loan to me." It's doubtful anyone will dispute it. Fortunately, Dad's only good guns were on permanent loan from me, and he made darn sure the executor knew this. His personal guns are worth about $200, total, and I'll have to buy them at auction.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1