Went to NYC...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Went to NYC...

Post by madman4570 »

6pt-sika wrote:
madman4570 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:As has been said already alotta folks like cities and I am sure there are certain things and certain parts that can truely be grand if one is of that mind set .

However ..................................................
I've pretty much always thought any major city in the US of A was a shitehole . Now granted there have been times when I went to certain cities and the amount of the female reproductive organ there was AMAZING to say the least (and no I don't mean hookers). Well atleast thats the way it was in the night spots I happened to "unwillingly" find myself in :lol:

Where / Where 6pt :oops: :lol: :mrgreen:

One place not to far from you actually !

Scranton/Wilkes Barre has an overabundance of that type of thing in the right spots !
Heck thats where I met wifey #2 , and thank God she is no longer in my company !
Note to anyone looking for a wife , middle aged Peruvian women can be troublesome at times :lol:

Parts NYC the same can be said . And back quite a few moons ago I used to frequent Richmond VA . But then I had a GF that was in college and most of the other uhm you know where her sorority sisters or room mates .

Almost forgot Trenton New Jersey isn't bad either if you have a taste for South American delights . Used to spend time with a rather nice Columbian woman there . Only problem was she wanted me to move to NJ rather then her move to Virginia ! And that wasn't gonna happen !
6pt,
You be da man! :wink: :mrgreen:
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I have a guy here from NYC doing some training for work. He's riding with me this whole week. He's a pretty nice guy, and it's fun comparing the differences between TX and NYC, but I'd much rather do it with him here than with me there :wink: He's a huge Cowboys fan, so I'm taking him to see the stadium tomorrow since it's one of our accounts. He also hunts with a levergun, so he can't be THAT bad, right?

I'm exposing him to everything southern. He wants some good TX food. He has eaten his first chicken fried steak and first fried catfish this week. Off to a good start. Taking him to Rudy's tomorrow for some BBQ. He can't believe how polite the people are here.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

shooter wrote:I have a guy here from NYC doing some training for work. He's riding with me this whole week. He's a pretty nice guy, and it's fun comparing the differences between TX and NYC, but I'd much rather do it with him here than with me there :wink: He's a huge Cowboys fan, so I'm taking him to see the stadium tomorrow since it's one of our accounts. He also hunts with a levergun, so he can't be THAT bad, right?

I'm exposing him to everything southern. He wants some good TX food. He has eaten his first chicken fried steak and first fried catfish this week. Off to a good start. Taking him to Rudy's tomorrow for some BBQ. He can't believe how polite the people are here.

I know of one fellow on Marlinowners from Long Island that hunts with a circa 1972 Second Model 444 as well as a 308 Marlin Express and I think now he even has a 338 Marlin Express . So I reckon they ain't all bad !
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:
madman4570 wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:As has been said already alotta folks like cities and I am sure there are certain things and certain parts that can truely be grand if one is of that mind set .

However ..................................................
I've pretty much always thought any major city in the US of A was a shitehole . Now granted there have been times when I went to certain cities and the amount of the female reproductive organ there was AMAZING to say the least (and no I don't mean hookers). Well atleast thats the way it was in the night spots I happened to "unwillingly" find myself in :lol:

Where / Where 6pt :oops: :lol: :mrgreen:

One place not to far from you actually !

Scranton/Wilkes Barre has an overabundance of that type of thing in the right spots !
Heck thats where I met wifey #2 , and thank God she is no longer in my company !
Note to anyone looking for a wife , middle aged Peruvian women can be troublesome at times :lol:

Parts NYC the same can be said . And back quite a few moons ago I used to frequent Richmond VA . But then I had a GF that was in college and most of the other uhm you know where her sorority sisters or room mates .

Almost forgot Trenton New Jersey isn't bad either if you have a taste for South American delights . Used to spend time with a rather nice Columbian woman there . Only problem was she wanted me to move to NJ rather then her move to Virginia ! And that wasn't gonna happen !
6pt,
You be da man! :wink: :mrgreen:

Incidently , you ever been to the Factoryville Sportsmans Club close to Clark's Summitt in PA ?

I used to be a member of that club as a matter of fact !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Pete44ru wrote:I lived in NYC from 1942-58, mostly in the Bronx, and was riding the subways to shcool (alone) when I was 8 y.o.

IMHO, any outdoorsman, visiting NYC, is doing themselves a disservice if they fail to spend some time in the Museum of Natural History, and/or the Hayden Planetarium & it's show - not to mention the Bronx Zoo. :mrgreen: . :mrgreen:

There are great things to see there. I'm just not fond at all of crowded places & its been a long time since I willingly went someplace I couldn't carry. When I was a kid mom & dad would bring us down sometimes on weekends and that was fun. Been to the Bronx zoo I dont know how many times & the planetarium & museums. But unless work or travel brings me there I wont be going back soon. I want to bring the kids to DC this year before they get too old to hang with me, never been there but they tell me its nice.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Pete44ru wrote:Next time ya go to NYC, take a Brooklyn Special (as coined by Jeff Cooper).

now that's an urban assault rifle.

I've enjoyed every minute spent in NYC, and I'm happy to live here instead of there.