The dreaded "C" word

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The dreaded "C" word

Post by marlinman93 »

Glad you got some good news Mike! We're praying that it will continue to be good news!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Rock on ROCK STAR !!!!!
Great update 8)
Phil
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Great news guys! It's sometimes hard to see it, but the industry has made major improvements to cancer treatment over even the last ten years, and ten years ago was solidly in the 2000s so isn't that amazing to consider?? You guys are great evidence that we're winning the fight against this disease.

My Dad is still dying from bladder cancer so I hope you'll keep him in your prayers, but I just can't tell you how pleased I am to hear that SOMEONE out there is winning this fight.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I credit you guys and your prayers for giving me an extra "BOOST" with this thing. Prayer, and the power of positive thinking, goes a heckofa loooong way in beating the beast, as it were. I sincerely thank you one and all for the help you have been to me throughout this, and the previous, ordeal. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike,
That was uplifting news! :D Now, take one 1886 in 45-90 and call me tomorrow.--------Jack
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Great to hear.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Been too busy to shoot, Jack. Pear harvest is going full turn and shooting bothers the pickers. Poor little "migrants". :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

great to hear its going well.....now go out on the 13th and get a mulie!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Mike D. wrote:... he said the it was "dramatically improved". Whew! Was I ever happy to hear that.
Me too, Mike! That is great news!
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Great news. I spent 6 weeks going on rounds with the Oncologists and their Residents several years ago. Cancer is a horrible disease, but the people with the right attitude and desire to fight got better.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Any time yer docs are smiling it's good.

I met my new doc yesterday. He seems like he is gonna be ok. Very intense, a real 'go getter'.

CT scan next week and scope the 19th to see where I'm at.
Certified gun nut
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Good news Mike, one thing that always picks me up when my spirit slips is the number of folks I meet who have come out the other side.

More and more I'm developing a black humor about cancer and the cancer therapy machine. I just finished two days of tests, training, dental work, probing, and an hour scheduling next week which will be busier so I can get ready for the following week when the real work starts!

Today I sat for awhile telling jokes with a guy who looked like Gullom from Lord of the Rings movie fame. When they called him in he said thanks, "I haven't had a good laugh in a couple months because nobody talks to me anymore. I look like death". I told him he looked more like Gollum all he needed was the loin cloth and a dead fish. He laughed so hard I thought he might hit the deck. Then he went in for another shot of 100 proof poison.

I believe now that God's will for me is how I live not how I die. In matters of the heart and spirit cancer can only take what I give it. It is getting nothing from me that is really important.

Also I've been looking for ammo for my 32 Special. It appears that Leverevolution is a fable in Canada, as usual. A local guy PMs me from our Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum and offers me 12 boxes of Dominion 170 gr Kling Kore Soft Points for a great price. Now I'll be shooting my Winchester with Canadian ammo. I like that.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I wish you the best, Bob, and will absolutely be keeping you in my prayers. The "Big C" strikes fear into all of our hearts, but we have to do the best we can to whip it. Never give up, that's the key.

That Dominion ammo is excellent stuff. I had a batch of older .33 Winchester ammo that shot great. In fact, it outshone anything from this side of the "fence". I kept one perfect condition full box for my vintage ammo collection.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

God don't want you and the Devil's afraid you'll take over, so they both threw you back :lol:

Congratulations, mate.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Best wishes Mike. You've got a lot of friends here--as you can see.

Don
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

gundownunder wrote:God don't want you and the Devil's afraid you'll take over, so they both threw you back :lol:

Congratulations, mate.
Leave it to an Aussie to hit the nail on the head. :twisted:
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

As if this weekends happenings weren't enough to deal with, now I find that I need a blood transfusion. Aargh, here we go again. No wonder I felt drained this weekend. No "power" at all. After tomorrow I should feel much better. Well, maybe. :?
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Pulling for you, Mike.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Praying for you Mike D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

rjohns94 wrote:Praying for you Mike D
+100
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Great news Mike, plus prayers offered up for you :)
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Just remember the words of Ho Chi Mihn, a WARRIER can never be defeated. He can be destroyed, but never defeated.

I go for a cystoscope and to get results of an abdomenal CT on Friday. I hate waiting worse than anything, but I know this. Today was the my 19th wedding anniversary (third wife, she's a keeper) and ALMOST got through the day with no thoughts of the BIG C. That's a good day.
Certified gun nut
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

How's things going Mike?
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

What everybody else said, Mike.

We're all pullin' for ya!!

-Stretch :D
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Mike,

Be really nice to the nurse and mebbe she can slip a 1/2 pint of Jack in with yer transfusion... :lol:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The two unit transfusion took a solid 6 hrs. WOW! I feel rejuvenated. My BP rose from a paltry 116/62 to 128/74, a better result. Ox still 100%. :D
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Wonderful, after all the zombie threads it is a good thing you took up the vampire life style.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hi Mike. Man, I'm so sorry your having to go through this again! I just checked in here at Leverguns for the first time in many weeks and I'm a bit startled at all the illness. :shock:
Saying prayers for all you guys! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Congrats on feeling rejuvinated.. Hang in there sport!
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY