new member with a new 94 src made in 1919 ***pics are up***

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Re: new member with a new 94 src made in 1919 ***pics are up***

Post by salvo »

Good job on the picture posting, they look great!
My 1927 SRC shoots jacketed bullets just fine, but I'm sure a nice flat nose lead bullet would do the job.

Could you take a close up picture of the front sight on you SRC, it looks nice and tall. I have been looking for a replacement for mine and will probably just make one out of an old silver dime.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

donniedee,

That 1919 SRC is a dead ringer for my very first 1894 Winchester. Oh how I miss that old carbine. It's been gone a whole lifetime and I still miss it. Sigh .........

Ammo, well I'm a simpleton when it comes to that. Got to say all of my Winchesters have shot the Winchester 150gr PP factory ammo fabulously. My favorite hand load is a WLP primer, 34.5grs Win 748 and a 150gr JSP of your rifles choice. It seems that load has performed very well out of every 94 I've shot it though. Trying the different bullets is just fine tuning it.

Gonna ask a question and please don't take offense at it.
<snip> the scoped is my 8yr olds shes made in 1951 with a orig 51 weaver4x post scope thats clear as was new <snip>
But why does an 8 year old need a scope? I guess it was the way I was raised and tought to shoot. If you have reasonable eyes use the irons. These lever guns just don't need scopes. Perhaps too It's my own personal prejudice showing as well.

I'm also a fan of the 1911 pistols, between them at the moment. Not for long though I hope.

And one last question: where can I get a blanket like that?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
donniedee
Levergunner

Post by donniedee »

well the 51 came with the scope i wanna make sure he makes a clean kill might take it off at some point i LOVE the src. ill get a pic of the ft site, its filed sharp might be replacemant not sure...
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Those guns look deluxe! Hard to beat a 94.
win7094M1
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win7094M1 »

Donniedee, those pictures are great! Are you authorized the 1911 for work?
Winchester M94 30-30 (1980)
Winchester M70 Westerner 30-06 (1982)
Winchester M1 Garand (1942)
Too many others to list - hope to add more levers soon.
donniedee
Levergunner

Post by donniedee »

yes in austin texas were autherized to carry the 1911 .45 auto this one rides with me everywhere packed with 230 grain hp :o
donniedee
Levergunner

Post by donniedee »

MR. MILLER

i got that blanket in mexico about 30 years ago... still keeps me warm.. plus looks pretty good with the old winchesters as well
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Joe, I found a Mexican blanket vendor a wile back, I'm going to reupholster my 54 Chevy with them. Here is the link.

http://www.elchamaco.com/mexicanblankets.htm
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan