OT Guitars .... and hillbilly music.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: OT Guitars .... and hillbilly music.

Post by gamekeeper »

First of all my apologizes to all Johnny Cash fans but GK junior found this on youtube this morning and thought I should share it with y'all :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbAxhV2ofM
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

morgan in nm wrote:This is one of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1bHaUk1CM
t

to go along with your pick, i've always liked this one.
i like the contrast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63A__INJecI&feature=fvw
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Bogie35 wrote:Country? Only country music I will listen to is pre-1992. After '92, it went straight down the toilet, beginning with "Achy Breaky Heart".

Bluegrass? Now that's real music. Bill Monroe, Ralph Stanley, Osborne Brothers, Lewis Family, Cox Family, Alison Krauss (especially with Union Station), Del McCoury, IIIrd Tyme Out, etc. Love it. Really like Nickel Creek. Their mandolin player, Chris Thile, is unbelievable. Listen to "Ode to a Butterfly". It's simply amazing!

I also like Blues. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, Robert Cray, etc. Very good stuff. It has the opposite effect on me than on some people. I get energized by the blues.

bogie
We have the same taste in music. Bluegrass, traditional country, blues. I also listen to traditional popular music (Ella Fitzgerald, Julie London, Frank Sinatra, etc) and the rock and roll that I grew up with (50's and 60's).

Speaking of Dwight Yoakam, my wife and i saw him in concert last month in Biloxi. He still puts on a great show. He sang for two hours and still only played half of his best songs. I have thirteen of his albums and will have fourteen when his new release comes out this fall.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson