OT - Help me choose my EBP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - Help me choose my EBP

Post by homefront »

Go with a classic: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =118498310

I have one of these and the SFS safety is really neat. When you apply the safety, the hammer falls forward; swipe the safety off, and the hammer snaps back, ready to fire. The safety was designed and made by FN, and sold as a kit by Cylinder & Slide for the HP and the 1911: http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php ... 6fs245aill. Extended ambidextrous safety, extended slide release, HiPower ergonomics, Browning design.
This one has a soul.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Lots of Glock clones and near-clones out there. Seems to me that they are like potato chips, mostly the same with some differences in shape, texture and seasoning... For sure you need a .45. The good old .45 ACP is going to be an easier cartridge to find. The more I look at current firearms production (and I've passed quite a few over the counter this last two weeks) the more I like the 1911 base. The plastic fantastics MIGHT be a bit lighter to carry, but mostly the triggers suck (even to me, the trigger slut) and they are no slimmer or more packable.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Yeah, but he said EBP. My FIRST choice of a custom carry pistol is an Officer's Model with a 4" upper. Colt made this as the XO/CCO for a while.

I even built one once.

That said, it's still "only" a 7 shooter. When it comes to EBPs the SiG seems to cover the bases more thouroughly than most.

That's not to say I didn't like my G27... it was accurate and useful enough - especially with the .22 upper - but since I'm a Brass Whore, I can't abide by somthing that throws brass all over creation for the Feds to pick up...

So I carry a Revolver.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I agree with Hobbie, the 1911 still gets my vote for a packable pistol. There are so many options theses days one of them is sure to fill the glitch. If I had to choose a platic I think I would go with the S&W M&P or the Springfield XD.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Does this count as an EBP?
If not, it's what I'll use to fight my way back my to Glock 22!
Last edited by nemhed on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

It's not EBP it's UPP. (Ugly plastic pistol) Pronounced "Urpp!" :oops: :D

I have PAPs (Plastic Austrian Pistols) :wink:

The XD points and feels better in my hand than a Glock. I also think the XD is much uglier than a Glock, which is hard to do. :lol:

If I were to buy a plastic production pistol these days, it would probably be the S&W.
Slow is just slow.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I THINK YOU BOYS SHOULD CONSIDER A 1911, A RFG....AND BE DONE WITH IT...
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hobie wrote:Lots of Glock clones and near-clones out there.
You DO NOT I repeat DO NOT want a Glock !

I saw a video on the web last week about some "knowledgable" black police officer at some elementary school showing the kids that guns were safe and the "real smart" guy shot himself in the leg with HIS UNLOADED Glock 40 . Not sure what model it was ! As is typical he just called it a 40 !

Now notwithstanding this moron shooting himself I still prefer ANYTHING Sig makes over a Glock !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

I sure am glad nobody's trying to steer you toward the Walther P99. I'm still having a hard time finding a second one in .40 so I can let my son steal mine.
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

I've had this just about 6 weeks now and love it.

Beretta PX4 Storm 45
9 + 1 / or an optional 10+1
4.1" barrel

Just like it's reputation this one is a shooter.
It's really my first semi auto other than a small .380 back up I've had for 18 years.
AQHA Life Member
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

if i could only own 1 handgun, it would be the glock 27. used to love the 1911a1, but the glocks more reliable. built like a hammer all i need to do is load and shoot. for me anyway. the keltec pf-9 conceals better, but i haven't shot it enough to trust it. a 27 loaded with the 11 shot magazine, backed up by two glock 22-15 shot mags, should handled any mess that i might get into. 1911a1 feels better in my hand, but the 27 can do mch more. :D
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have an excousin in law that used to be a Glock NUT :!:

He had like 8 of the darn things back about 1990 or so .

He was also somewhat of a hotshot on his National Guard Pistol Team then .

Then a mutual friend took him to our gun club and let him try a Sig P226 and a P220 .

Very shortly thereafter he liquidated all his Glocks bought a couple Sigs and for the past 10 years he has been working for Sig Saur !

This was one of the biggest shocks I ever had in the shooting sports game ! As this guy was anal about Glocks until he got turned on to a Sig Saur :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Terry Murbach wrote:I THINK YOU BOYS SHOULD CONSIDER A 1911, A RFG....AND BE DONE WITH IT...
So Terry, you're saying the only gun you own is a 1911? :wink:

As for the magical Glock reliability, as I posted elsewhere recently..
I've had more malfunctions with two Glock 19's than with 6 SIGS, 2 Colts, 2 Tanfoglio's, 1 Steyr, 1 Kahr, and 1 HK put together (and possibly multiplied by two.) :roll:
Slow is just slow.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Now, I'll have to plead stupid: What's "RFG"???
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Real F.... uh... :oops: um... firing Gun!
Slow is just slow.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

cas wrote:
Terry Murbach wrote:I THINK YOU BOYS SHOULD CONSIDER A 1911, A RFG....AND BE DONE WITH IT...
So Terry, you're saying the only gun you own is a 1911? :wink:

NO. AND THE LAST TWO KIMBER 1911 PISTOLS I'VE BOUGHT HAVEN'T BEEN WORTH A PINCH OF SHIQ. THE VERY THOUGHT OF THOSE TWO PO'S ME LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. THE LAST WAS ONE OF THE KIMBER RIMFIRE TARGETS AND IT IS TRASH PURE AND SIMPLE. IT DOES NOT WORK, HAS NEVER WORKED, AND SHOOTS LIKE A LITTLE 22 RIFLE. IT IS AN EXPENSIVE MAGAZINE FED SINGLE SHOT. OF 12-500+- ROUNDS 25 MAGAZINES FULL HAVE GONE THROUGH WITHOUT A STOPPAGE, THAT WOULD BE 250 ROUNDS OUT OF 12,000. ALL THE REST HAS TWO TO FOUR STOPPAGES PER MAGAZINE FULL.
THE FIRST KIMBER WAS A GOLD MATCH THAT FUNTIONS PERFECTLY, EVEN WENT IT WENT FULL AUTO, EVEN WHEN THE REAR SIGHT FRACTURED AND FELL OFF THE PISTOL, EVEN WHEN THE GUIDE ROD BROKE IN TWO.

BOTH OF MY EVERYDAY CARRY GUNS ARE GLOCKS, A G20 AND A G30, THE GUNS SOLD WITHOUT PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP, BUT SIMPLY MACHINES THAT WORK INCESSENTLY. [ GEEZ, DON'T TELL ANYONE GUYS, IT IS EMBARRASSING...]

As for the magical Glock reliability, as I posted elsewhere recently..
I've had more malfunctions with two Glock 19's than with 6 SIGS, 2 Colts, 2 Tanfoglio's, 1 Steyr, 1 Kahr, and 1 HK put together (and possibly multiplied by two.) :roll:
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Terry Murbach wrote:BOTH OF MY EVERYDAY CARRY GUNS ARE GLOCKS, A G20 AND A G30, THE GUNS SOLD WITHOUT PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP, BUT SIMPLY MACHINES THAT WORK INCESSANTLY. [ GEEZ, DON'T TELL ANYONE GUYS, IT IS EMBARRASSING...]
Now, there is the surprise of the day! :wink:

Scott
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

I must be stupid, but I don't know the term EBP. Regardless, if I were buying today I would buy a good revolver, and probably a large caliber DA. I bought my first gun in 1963 and have shot to many to remember since, but the one thing I know is that I am more comfortable with a revolver. I own several semi's but it seems I choose revolvers most often.

Whatever you choose, make sure it fits your hand size and you shoot it well. Anything less and the gun will become an anchor in your pocket. Don't buy what is KOOL, buy what works the best for you. Any on your list would be a good gun. Personally I prefer .45 over .40. In fact I prefer 9mm over .40.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
farmer44mag
Levergunner

Post by farmer44mag »

my G17 and G21 have been awsome. just bought them this year and so far have 1500rds shot through them with no malfunctions of any kind. For years i thought they were junky looking- then a guy at my local range let me shoot his and i was hooked. got the factory night sights on both as well and love them.